Petition to replace GOA ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I played DAOC for 6 years and i remember killing your archer many many times ^^ also what is your point?

I experienced everything GOA had to offer with that game do not worry.

I will stop the whining which in my opinion is very valid whining and i am bringing up VALID points when GOA get their shit together.

At the end of the day i and thousands of other people who have been waiting for this game would not be whining if GOA did their job, for most people at this rate we will be lucky enough to get 1 day of open beta.

Sorry, but I never played a scout, I played a Berserker, not that it matters as this isn't about any feats or skills in DAoC.

Sure, they're valid points, but whining is unnecessary. Don't you think they're aware of the problems which are currently the subject on everybodies lips or fingertips?

B

Benedictine

2,761 sigs - isn't that more votes than UK gets at Eurovision? :england:

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
1) I am not signing this, especially when the illiterate moron who started it doesn't even know the difference between "your" and "you're" in context.

2) when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. GOA being case in point. They got the job because they were the cheapest.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry, but I never played a scout, I played a Berserker, not that it matters as this isn't about any feats or skills in DAoC.

Sure, they're valid points, but whining is unnecessary. Don't you think they're aware of the problems which are currently the subject on everybodies lips or fingertips?

Thats no fking excuse for keeping people in the dark. Its common sense to inform your customers about what the fk is going down.
We have only been told they took it down to keep us out, even tho we payed for it..
Thats unforgiveable..

Btw, DAMN that petition is growing fast! allmoust 3k by now.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm truely dissapointed looking at the status of the open beta so far... We've all seen it coming tho, but still. Can't say we didn't warn them! Should have at least brought the account registration pages up alot earlier.
I'm not signing off GoA yet. It's still beta after all, but the actual release is getting very close now, so I hope they draw some quick lessons from this!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Its hardly the disaster of biblical proportions that some would have you believe.

Its beta. If you are part of this, you're helping in a stress test of a system that isn't officially live for another week.

Guys, quit whining like its a retail product where you've been shafted.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Roo is spot on - its a beta and you are beta testers. Your job is to report on the problems, help them iron them out and give constructive feedback.

You have not paid for this and starting petitions like this is just silly.

Hexcaliber

Fledgling Freddie
What is with the fanboys saying that it was some sort of stress test?

We had goa representatives telling us days ago over at warhammer alliance that their servers already handle more hits per day than there were beta keys, and their system would be fine and could handle it easily (despite what the community warned them about). Only now that Goa have been shown to have been full of hot air as was always the case with DAOC, are they now backtracking and changing their story. Also Goa, acknowledged that they are now dealing with paying customers from this date on, with those that paid for a pre order that listed access to beta as part of the purchased package.

Sheesh, at least come up with credible excuses for this fiasco, if you are going to stand in their corner.

Taleth

Fledgling Freddie
Yep we warned em, yep they still invited another 50,000 keys to the party and yep I'm mighty p*ssed off that it looks like no OB for me until probably Wednesday but as others have said; it is beta and hopefully GOA has learnt ready for the HS and launch. If not, we can choose to head to the US servers. A petition about one day in what I hope will be a couple of years of play just isn't worth my time to stress about.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still...the weather has been lovely today hasn't it?

Blind-Seer

Fledgling Freddie

Yup. Not bad. I have had my windows open all day. May as well enjoy what is left of the summer while we can.

Still, I would have prefered to enjoy it while playing WAR. :p

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
This petition is pointless, GOA are not going to be replaced.

The whole point of OB was to Stress Test both the Registration Process and then the game servers. Unfortunately because testing highlighted issues at the first hurdle, the second part (stress testing the servers) hasn't happened yet.

I don't know if the problems with registration are due to bad planning and incompetence or if it was just inevitable. I also don't know if the data gathered will help them improve the registration process so that it performs better at release, but I hope it does.

I do know that, very often at the start of a stress test, things will break, as they have done, which while frustrating for the end user, should in theory help pinpoint what needs tweaking, and we will see over the course of the next few days if GOA have the where with all to correct the issues.

If you were to ask me, in all honesty, if I had faith that GOA can pull off a smooth launch of EU WAR, I would have to say, I really don't know, in fact I doubt it - Launch day of any MMO is fraught with issues. I hope they can, I really do. I do know that they have done a pretty good job of running CB over the past 14 months, and from that I take a little comfort from the fact that they seem committed to this project.

This is OB, this is a stress test, there are always going to be failures when you stress test things, I cant think of a single instance where a stress test of any kind goes smoothly. What we should hope for is that GOA can take the information from this test and use it to make things better, and less stress full for launch day.

I for one am not prepared to write off GOA yet, and yes whilst I am an CB tester and have not had to endure today's registration issues, I will have to endure the head start and release day registration processes, so what went on today and what happens in the next few days is as much interest to me as everyone else.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
in a way, this has been a very succesful stress test.:lol:

IF they would have spread the registration over a 2 week period, I can only start imagining what the disaster would have been on 18 september.

they did a trial in a way that mimicked the official release conditions in the best possible way, showing blatent short comings in their system.

the stress test was succesful, the system went down like a bitch ... good to have it now and not on release tbh. they still have 6 more days to get it perfect before the pre release starts...

peo

Fledgling Freddie

Actually it hasn't.
I was quite bad here with temperatured barely rising above 15 degrees and mosquitos up the whazoo if you dared to go out.

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
There's no call to replace GOA as the operating company for WAR. Problems happen irrespective of the company.

However there is a call to replace the management who came up with the brilliant idea of not testing the account registration service until a few hours before the servers came online.

If they are unable to organise the people they manage efficiently, then find somebody who can.

Unfortunately there is, if it wasn't just what has hapened with this game, i would put it down to 'mistaks happen' but it's not just this game, GoA have constantly prove time and again that they just don't have the ability and sense to run an MmO, they've had their chance to shine with DAoC and to be honest all they've ever become is a dull smear. Add to that they are part of france telecom/wanadoo who are notorious across europe for being as solid as a fart in a huricane and you have a company with serious problems that shold never be allowed to run so much as a lawn mower.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with several "other" posters..pointless thread GoA will / would never be replaced.

Still in beta stage OB but still there tecnical issue's stopped the OB for many however , not sutch a big thing that it would take away the chance for GoA running it....Diffrence might been in 100% of the playerbase demanded and did not buy/play the game on euroservers only way to bring them down im pretty sure....

That ppl "me included" had serious issue's with GOA in the past from daoc is less intresting at this point...

The way the OB was handled is poor i think if not even pisspoor, servers may be down until yesterday ofc but the registration SHOULD been open atleast 1 week ahead and IF they had used there heads they would had done that..

Lets say if yesterday's hell had happend durring that week, none would had been damaged from it in playtime also GOA would not had looked like a pile a junk once more in a new mmorpg that they stated they will manage to run easy with new/more staff....

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
in a way, this has been a very succesful stress test.:lol:

IF they would have spread the registration over a 2 week period, I can only start imagining what the disaster would have been on 18 september.

they did a trial in a way that mimicked the official release conditions in the best possible way, showing blatent short comings in their system.

the stress test was succesful, the system went down like a bitch ... good to have it now and not on release tbh. they still have 6 more days to get it perfect before the pre release starts...

nonsense.
Had they released the open keys and the account center 1 or 2 weeks earlier, and asked people to register - I can assure you they would have gotten the same result then.
It is easy to see things in hindsight, but many - so many - saw this and pointed it out before hand as well.
Heck - just a day or two earlier and a LOT of these problems for people could have been minimized.

Mythic knew this as well, everybody who has with project management or software knew this. Frankly - most anybody who ever played a MMO knows this.
GOA must have known, but ignored this because they were "highly confident" and because their site handled so much traffic...... :twak:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
seriously, everyone who have played EU daoc should have know this would happen

its not like a surprise that GOA aren't able to handle anything and wait until the very last day to try something out

they should have opend up the account managment atleast half a week ago, so they would have those problems sorted by now, then they be able to stress test the servers properly untill release of the game

also, all who played eu daoc, lost there right to whine that much at them, cause you all knew how it would be, and still you bought the eu version of the game

Tivook

Fledgling Freddie
To quote GOA's CEO's post on their main page concerning the failed beta
launch:

"Today was a dark day. We expected a massive influx of players, but reality was even harsher."

You expected a massive influx of players, still you decided to install the account center in the last minute? Were you busy eating snails or why didn't you do that earlier?

I must say, that today might have been a dark day for you, but EVERY single day with GOA at the rudder running a large MMO is a DARK day for me.

Tiv

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
To quote GOA's CEO's post on their main page concerning the failed beta
launch:

"Today was a dark day. We expected a massive influx of players, but reality was even harsher."

You expected a massive influx of players, still you decided to install the account center in the last minute? Were you busy eating snails or why didn't you do that earlier?

I must say, that today might have been a dark day for you, but EVERY single day with GOA at the rudder running a large MMO is a DARK day for me.

Tiv

Agreed.
*WE* expected the harsh realities and we do not even get paid to do their job for them. Yet perhaps we should be......

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
the fact is tho this has given them and idea what launchday will be like so hopefully they can fix the servers before it goes live unlike the wow launch were blizard lost thier account servers early on and had them down for near 24 hours on launch day of the actualy paid for game and not just a beta version.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The simple fact is the issues with the website and account registration / keys should not have happened. They had no real reason to wait until the last minute to activate these keys. Most people had accounts and should have been able to enter all the keys they have OP and ES even full game keys and loot shiz keys. All could be done well in advance.

Considering the amount of keys they handed out and number of Pre-Orders they sold they knew exactly what would happen. If they claim they didn't know then it just proves what a bunch of idiots they are.

If I planned my projects this badly none of you would ever fly again for fear of crashing! Guess I'd be sacked pretty quickly as well.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
the best feeling still have to be sitting on a key from a CE and seeing the site beeing hammerd down by all the free passes handed out

Tivook

Fledgling Freddie
the fact is tho this has given them and idea what launchday will be like so hopefully they can fix the servers before it goes live unlike the wow launch were blizard lost thier account servers early on and had them down for near 24 hours on launch day of the actualy paid for game and not just a beta version.

Yes, I guess we should remember that this is game is still in final beta stages but still one would think that at least they should have a working system to register the game, unfortunately, they did not.

Also, why are GOA using stupid shiny flash login modules instead of just using a regular one? it feels so dumb and unstable.
In a html environment at least you know what page you're on, if the flash module fails at one page or another ur back at step one.

Tiv

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
If this was a release, and under the right circumstances i would of signed it. Personally think its a bit OTT considering this is beta.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
If this was a release, and under the right circumstances i would of signed it. Personally think its a bit OTT considering this is beta.

The signup process was not Beta. They assured us that it would go smoothly.

They were wrong, it was a balls up from the start. They were told this would happen, not just by the player base, but by people who knew. Did they listen?, did they hell.

I will sign this wholeheartedly for a few reasons, The total balls up, the lack of communication, the arrogance that it would all be alright and most of all....THEY DID NOT LISTEN.

Now, 24 hours later, (when they are in a normal working day), do they see what went on and apologise. And, i still can't enter my beta key. This whole opening smacks of unprofessionalism all round.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I just enterd my beta key the site is still just a bit moody and likes to be refreshed alot.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
I signed it just for the fact Goa are arrogant who are only posting news now becuase they know they have f**ked up badly and are in the sh*t.

I for one would move to the usa server now if my player firends would come too. A lepard never changes its spots . goa has a bad rep from daoc and going on this performance its going to carry it on.

I prey to god im wrong but the proof of the pudding is in the eating

Ban Appetit

Tivook

Fledgling Freddie
Also wanted to say this.

I did not only sign this because of the debacle concerning the login module but because I played daoc on the euro servers for 2 years and there was always problems, always.

Every time it was patch day you could easily assume the servers would be one day late or so because they had problems with the translation. Don't ask me why that concerned the english server.

Also, it's very hard to take a company seriously who doesn't have a phone line, and doesn't accept ingame appeals ( petition ) but with GOA you have to mail them about the problem and hope for an answer.

So whatever you do, don't get stuck with your character, it could take forever to get him loose with GOA steering this ship.

Tiv

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Yeah, i signed more as a protest act against GOA for handling this very unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom