Petition to replace GOA ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
signed.

edit.

Bet the goa fanboys (you know who you are), are gonna close this in a min..

Vox Doom

Fledgling Freddie
Well I would sign it, but it's really badly worded and full of spelling mistakes, so I'm not putting my name to it. :D

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
It's been re-written now that it's getting more attention. signed it as anonymous anyway :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
People work like sheep and overload servers... then bitch about it... yeah, that's helpful.

Patience is a virtue?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Seriously, this is over the top.

People need to calm down, it's a freakin' beta. If anything, NOW is the time for trouble to arise.

Jeez..

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, this is over the top.

People need to calm down, it's a freakin' beta. If anything, NOW is the time for trouble to arise.

QFT

If GoA can take something away from this and improve on it then I'll be happy. Besides who are we supposed to replace them with?

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
As if what your signing is going to effect EA's choice.... get a clue, realy.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
It's been re-written now that it's getting more attention. signed it as anonymous anyway :p

if your going to sign it, at least have the balls to show people you name

whining about stuff and then not owning up to it is weak

BLayzZE

Fledgling Freddie
There's no call to replace GOA as the operating company for WAR. Problems happen irrespective of the company.

However there is a call to replace the management who came up with the brilliant idea of not testing the account registration service until a few hours before the servers came online.

If they are unable to organise the people they manage efficiently, then find somebody who can.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
There's no call to replace GOA as the operating company for WAR. Problems happen irrespective of the company.

However there is a call to replace the management who came up with the brilliant idea of not testing the account registration service until a few hours before the servers came online.

If they are unable to organise the people they manage efficiently, then find somebody who can.

self defeating argument much ?

the page/server is stressed by 100,000 people logging onto it
how do they simulate it in the office ? stress testing needs people, its an OPEN BETA, its NOT LIVE YET. YOU ARE STILL TESTING IT. INCLUDING THE WEBSITE

wow, thats so complicated :(

Lecoste

Fledgling Freddie
u must understand this tho:

GOA are a professional company which have done the following:

1. lost control
2. mislead customers
3. been ignorant to the size of project at hand
4. ignored the customers that pay their wage

and truely thats me being none bias when I look at it from a neutral point of view.
without being harsh I think GOA have made honest mistakes and not done anything intended, however this does not change the fact. :E
to people who 'paid' CE for this must be 'alittle' anoyed that people who are trying before they buy are playing

:/

Blind-Seer

Fledgling Freddie

how do they simulate it in the office ? stress testing needs people, its an OPEN BETA, its NOT LIVE YET. YOU ARE STILL TESTING IT. INCLUDING THE WEBSITE

We are supposed to be testing the GAME !! NOT the website. Did you miss that fact that the US open their Account Center weeks ago?!?!? How come the US players don't have to test their Account Center on OB start day?!?!

GOA could have opened their Account Center at the same time as the US and have avoided this mess.

Wow, that's so complicated :lol:

Aada

Part of the furniture

Mabs..

If it was a stress test fair enough.

BUT why would you do this on the day the open beta was due to start? WHY?

All it says is that they have been setting up their systems for the past week, that should have been done WEEEEEEEEEKS ago.

Did you see Mythic pull this stunt on their side of the pond?

Seriously stop sticking up for them they had their chance, they were arrogant and cocky enough to say that nothing would go wrong.

Lets face it everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong lets number them.

1. Cannot log into my own account.

2. The flash site is bugged to hell as usual things not loading up etc, being very slow because of the sheer load of people on it.

2. My open beta key is useless as even if i could enter it now i would get the key invalid message

3. The server caps 1000 players - increasing it by 25% every few hours? do you know that only = around 50k players by the middle of the week and they handed out over 200,000 beta keys.

4. Auth servers down so they can MANUALLY process account creation/auth key. Manually process accounts??????????? are you serious that could take DAYS.

Even though many of these accounts they are processing are duplicate accounts that people have made because they were STUPID enough not to tell people who had already registered don't need to make a new account.

5. The thing GOA is famed for.. lack of communication so Magnus has showed his face 8-9 hours later after people have been trying all day to register keys/make accounts. THAT is NOT good enough.

Stop sticking up for them they said all along they were on schedule when really they were weeks behind Mythic.

Just look at Mythic they are rolling everything out smooth as butter and why is this?

Because they were fucking prepared.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

I guess that's why Mythics account center and open beta situation looks like ours :twak:

GOA screwed up. People said it was going to happen but was told not to "whine" until today (is it whining when it is the truth?).
It happened, yet GOA is still screwing up.

Welcome to 2002 and second rate customer service. New company indeed.

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
sign me up,

i was promised 7 days of open beta fun,

i am now getting 6 at best and thats only if they manage to sort this mess out by tomorrow.

1st, they could start with an apology on the eu web site,

2nd, look into some sort of compensation.

3rd, tell us why this happend? and more importantly who is getting sacked over the ineptitude of the running of this debacle that is WAR EU OB launch day

and if any smart arse states that the OB is free, it wasnt for me and i can post my reciept from play.com CE WAR for them, £60 period

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Mabs..

All it says is that they have been setting up their systems for the past week, that should have been done WEEEEEEEEEKS ago.

Seriously stop sticking up for them they had their chance, they were arrogant and cocky enough to say that nothing would go wrong.

Lets face it everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong lets number them.

1. Cannot log into my own account.

2. The flash site is bugged to hell as usual things not loading up etc, being very slow because of the sheer load of people on it.

2. My open beta key is useless as even if i could enter it now i would get the key invalid message

3. The server caps 1000 players - increasing it by 25% every few hours? do you know that only = around 50k players by the middle of the week and they handed out over 200,000 beta keys.

4. Auth servers down so they can MANUALLY process account creation/auth key. Manually process accounts??????????? are you serious that could take DAYS.

Even though many of these accounts they are processing are duplicate accounts that people have made because they were STUPID enough not to tell people who had already registered don't need to make a new account.

5. The thing GOA is famed for.. lack of communication so Magnus has showed his face 8-9 hours later after people have been trying all day to register keys/make accounts. THAT is NOT good enough.

Stop sticking up for them they said all along they were on schedule when really they were weeks behind Mythic.

Just look at Mythic they are rolling everything out smooth as butter and why is this?

Because they were fucking prepared.

Why would they do a stress test now?

Because now they have the opportunity to test their site towards the thousands of players logging in and registering.
As you can see, it was needed.

Had they opened their account center two weeks ago, people wouldn't bother registering at the same time, so they wouldn't have gotten to test it out.

On launch day there will be a (sorry for the language) "shitloads" of players all wanting to activate it at once.

I'm damn glad they get to fix their issues now than on launch day, cause a beta is a beta, and not a live game.

I don't even want to guess at the amount of whine they would get if this issue would arise on launch day, and it would be bound to happen if it didn't happen today..

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Mabs..

I might be wrong here, but aren't most open betas effectively stress tests, that being the main point of having an open beta?

Aada

Part of the furniture

Because now they have the opportunity to test their site towards the thousands of players logging in and registering.

Had they opened their account center two weeks ago, people wouldn't bother registering at the same time, so they wouldn't have gotten to test it out.

On launch day there will be a (sorry for the language) "shitloads" of players all wanting to activate it at once.

I'm damn glad they get to fix their issues now than on launch day, cause a beta is a beta, and not a live game.

I don't even want to guess at the amount of whine they would get if this issue would arise on launch day, and it would be bound to happen if it didn't happen today..

Gonna hold you to this and PM a big fat i told you so never mind on launch day i will do this for Early Access and the 18th because it is going to happen all over again.

Another thing how are they going to stress the servers properly when it is only the 5000 beta testers or so that can actually play?

I have not seen 1 post yet on any forum that indicates some body with an OPEN BETA key has managed to get it activated and is PLAYING.

The moment that happens people will start posting for sure.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

That's nonsense. They'd have plenty of opportunities to test the account center with thousands of people had they planned it better.
They could simply have asked people to do it - and people would have.
Hundred of thousand of keys are out, and many would have hit the servers once the account center went up if they did so 2 weeks ago as well - if they had send out keys then. They didn't - they wanted to wait because they were highly confident in bla bla bla bla.
It is bad planning to schedule something like this for the same day game-servers go on line - from any software testing perspective.
It simply makes no logical sense what so ever.

Mythic managed to get their situation tested out prior to the day it was needed. They had problems and got many of them fixed BEFORE they were needed.

Secondly - if that was true, it would also be silly to open two critical systems at the same time. Because that simply provides you with a smaller time frame to solve problems in.

It is a poor excuse to cover up terrible planning, which doesn't hold water in the real world if you know anything about software development.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I might be wrong here, but aren't most open betas effectively stress tests, that being the main point of having an open beta?

Can you tell me why Mythic didn't do it this way?

Can you ?

Because they aren't having the shit storm from their customers who have had 2 preview weekends and are now happily playing the game now until next sunday when the headstarts are activated and i can bet you money that nothing major for them will go wrong.

For the last time the Account Centre should have been up at the beginning of the week, they still would have had a good stress because you can bet your arse people would have been there hammering the site like today to enter their keys.

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
Mabs..

I'm assuming because it's when traffic is at its heaviest.

Mabs..

They had Preview weekends, in which some people couldn't get on at all, this sorted the majority of problems but there were still authentication problems for several US players today.

Mabs..

I've seen various GoA reps making various communications on various sites in multiple threads throughout the day. That assessment of their activity and communication isn't very fair.

I'm not taking sides i just don't agree with certain arguments you made.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Gonna hold you to this and PM a big fat i told you so never mind on launch day i will do this for Early Access and the 18th because it is going to happen all over again.

Another thing how are they going to stress the servers properly when it is only the 5000 beta testers or so that can actually play?

I have not seen 1 post yet on any forum that indicates some body with an OPEN BETA key has managed to get it activated and is PLAYING.

The moment that happens people will start posting for sure.

Oh, and what would you gain from telling me "I told you so" in bold capital letters?

Self pleasure?

You can't deny that what I wrote is true.

Even if there's problems on launch I'll be happy if they have learned something from this.

I've played with GoA as a company in DAoC for 6 - 7 years, so I know what they're capable off.

Now stop the whining, you're turning every single post into the same thing you did with the AoC forums.. No offense of course.

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
No offense to you Mabs, but to stress test a system nowadays, you don't need people at all. There are numerous load simulating tools for both application servers and network devices that negates the need for asking 100,000 people to log in. We use them frequently in the environment I work in to avoid muppetry like this.

The argument that people are needed is wrong when you are a large company investing millions of pounds/euros in a make or break game. In addition, GOA, have had previous experience with DAOC and ample opportunity to take into consideration all the mistakes they made with the go-live and numerous expansions that DAOC came out with. It doesn't look like any of those lessons have been learned. Certainly the Warhammer website looks strangely similar to the DAOC architecture....

Aada

Part of the furniture
Oh, and what would you gain from telling me "I told you so" in bold capital letters?

Self pleasure?

Even if there's problems on launch I'll be happy if they have learned something from this.

I've played with GoA as a company in DAoC for 6 - 7 years, so I know what they're capable off.

Now stop the whining, you're turning every single post into the same thing you did with the AoC forums.. No offense of course.

I played DAOC for 6 years and i remember killing your archer many many times ^^ also what is your point?

I experienced everything GOA had to offer with that game do not worry.

I will stop the whining which in my opinion is very valid whining and i am bringing up VALID points when GOA get their shit together.

At the end of the day i and thousands of other people who have been waiting for this game would not be whining if GOA did their job, for most people at this rate we will be lucky enough to get 1 day of open beta.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved

Self pleasure?

DAoC never had this big a playerbase.. Not by a long shot.

Never the less, GOA knew how many keys they had handed out, but where simply not prepared..

Not good enough. :kissit:

titch

Fledgling Freddie
The whole situation has gone pearshaped that is true. We all know the problems and there is no way that GOA's possition can be justified or defended. Theye screwed up bigtime.

However, this is what happens when you licence your pride a joy to a 3rd party like Mystic has. Mystic has got it right because this is their little baby and they have run the extra mile.

To GOA this is just a service provision. Asking for sacking's, companies to be replaced is pointless and much much too late. Mystic should have kept this as their project and retain all control and responcibility. But hind sight is just sooooo good, shame you cant see it before it happens.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I won't sign, I'm just as annoyed as everyone else but frankly gave up hours ago and went and did stuff instead of wasting my time hitting refresh.

I blame GOA management, not the technical or support staff who probably warned management of the problems of so many people trying to log in at once. Fact is that management make the decisions and tech stuff mop up the mess, as well as taking the blame a lot of the time.

Work in I.T. you'll know how often your boss has shafted you or palmed the blame off on you because you didn't warn him/her in writing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom