Petition - GOA IMPROVE your customer service NOW

O

old.Ragnorak

Hi everyone,
GOA are hiking up their prices, while providing us with the same service, and no valid reason for their prices increasing. Considering this I would like to propose the following petition.

Goa MUST make the following ammendments to their customer support.

1) Restoring of hacked accounts. -This is self explanatory. Its ridiculous how a year's worth of work can just go down the drain because of one malicious act. It should be fairly easy for GOA to create a new charecter with the name of the player and set it to level 50 and the relevant Realm Rank and level. Them NOT doing this is sheer incompetence and we as a player base will not tolerate this.

2) Catching people who use Odin's Eye. A while back Mythic announced steps they were taking to prevent people from using this cheat. Its about time GOA did the same. So far it seems that GOA don't really do much when it comes to catching exploit users.

3) XML files. The XML info has been messed up for a while now, and completely unavailible for hibernia. How do they expect us to tolerate a price increase when their service is all but non existant?

Well these are all the points I can think of for now. But feel free to add more that you think are fair for us to be demanding as a player base. Then we can all sign a petition and send it via Right now. The consequences for GOA if they don't provide us these simple basic things that should be availible to the playerbase? We will not tolerate their price hike and cancel our accounts. I know I will. It 100 or so players agree to do this, then u can bet GOA will notice and will fix things. Its either that, or loose revenue from 100+ players all at once.

Time for us players to put our money where our mouth is me thinks?

N

-Nxs-

Its been said before, but ingame CSR would be a really benefit, the USA get this and we will be paying the same.

Hacked accounts... well if they were indead hacked not wern't given the password then yes please help restore the characters

Radar cheats, theres more than just Odins Eye around, im confident that GOA investigate abusers and cheaters, they just need a little help from us to report people.

XML would be nice, im still L24 according to some sites hehe

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ragnorak
2) Catching people who use Odin's Eye. A while back Mythic announced steps they were taking to prevent people from using this cheat. Its about time GOA did the same. So far it seems that GOA don't really do much when it comes to catching exploit users.

Actually, Sanya just had a conversation with someone via email which got posted on the boards (she said too much in fact)

I imagine GOA use similar tactics to track down radar users...

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Radar cheats, theres more than just Odins Eye around, im confident that GOA investigate abusers and cheaters, they just need a little help from us to report people.

XML would be nice, im still L24 according to some sites hehe

Well, i know i ahve reported at least 2 people who have used radar, and got the standard "we're looking into it" reply, and both of those i reported are still in the realm, and both are still using radars as far as i can gather.

GoA/Mythic dont want to take a hard line against anyone abusing the "passive" elements of the CoC, as booting people = less income.

We have to face facts, they are a profit making organisation and nothing any of us do, no matter how much we pay in subs, is going to make us heard over the ringing of their tills.

They need to take the money obsessed MD's or whoever they are and point out that if this continues, then they will lose all but a hardcore of buffbotted, radar using, bed-ridden addicts, with their little roger-wilco headsets, and a fridge built into their chair, growing fatter by the day.

It's a nasty thing to say, but GoA/Mythic couldnt give a toss... if they did then would those who are openly known to have hacked an account in the past be still playing today? Would those who openly admit to using DAoX, dark tools, odins eye, etc. on public forums still be using the same accounts? nope...

speaks for itself really...

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by The Real Redi
It's a nasty thing to say, but GoA/Mythic couldnt give a toss... if they did then would those who are openly known to have hacked an account in the past be still playing today? Would those who openly admit to using DAoX, dark tools, odins eye, etc. on public forums still be using the same accounts? nope...

Maybe GOA/Mythic as a whole dont give a toss, but its clear to see from the boards, the moderators/CSR's who post here do intervien when enough people start moaning...

Try chasing up your rightnow requests, I had a very long one over the "PvP server population" the CSR team seam to have a uncanny nack for closing calls quickly, if you are not satisfied with a reply then open another call asking why it was closed without resolution ?

J

Jupitus

Well, i know i ahve reported at least 2 people who have used radar, and got the standard "we're looking into it" reply, and both of those i reported are still in the realm, and both are still using radars as far as i can gather.

GoA/Mythic dont want to take a hard line against anyone abusing the "passive" elements of the CoC, as booting people = less income.

We have to face facts, they are a profit making organisation and nothing any of us do, no matter how much we pay in subs, is going to make us heard over the ringing of their tills.

They need to take the money obsessed MD's or whoever they are and point out that if this continues, then they will lose all but a hardcore of buffbotted, radar using, bed-ridden addicts, with their little roger-wilco headsets, and a fridge built into their chair, growing fatter by the day.

Redi - I'll address this to you personally and I hope you know me well enough to trust what I say. GOA do care about the community and CoC. GOA do ban accounts which can be proved beyond reasonable doubt to have been sold/transferred against CoC. GOA do pursue users reported to them for abuse of the CoC in any form and take action when they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that said player is cheating.

Biggest single problem is that they don't publicise players who have been warned or banned IMHO, but that is their policy, nor would you expect someone who got their account banned to come here and admit it. More likely would be them getting a new account and declaring themselves 'bored of such and such' and re-rolling to preserve their image.

H

hercules-df

They dont give a rats ass- I have no objection to people wanting to run in windowed mode, it gives no extra advantage to them, Dark Tools just keeps a load of stats which should be included with the main client I say, I hate scrolling up to see how many rps i just got in that 50 man zerg :) or look even deeper into the spam of shit to see if i actually got the final hit on someone :) all this should be builtin, and doesent give any1 any advantage.

The Odins eye thing tho is a different story, cheating scum that use it should be cuaght and banned, how long b4 we get someone making a tool to really exploit their character, reset their ra timers or something similar, the idea of auto exping is quite sexy however :D LEt us buy EXP you bastards, Id gladly pay over 1P to lvl my 4x wizzy once or twice.

F

Flimgoblin

unfortunately along with the useful stuff in dark tools it had some features which gave you an unfair advantage - it also caused nasty server lag...

E

Esoteric

This isnt GOA's fault but I would like to see team stats etc gathered over time of rvr. Very nice to see how you are doing.

Oh and what Jupitus said, he is their love bunny but I agree with what he said there.

A

Archeon

I would like to start a petition causing the following ammendments to the BW forums...

1. No Whining under penalty of IP ban!
2. No starting posts on concepts that are so old their practically collecting the inheritance tax

Oh, just a little note technically DAoX is an exploit program. I know it will (future tense) be availible to everyone, but at the moment its still a hack regardless of how many people allegedly use it.

And if you think DAoC customer service is bad please direct your attention to This Page.

As a finaly point, there was a reason for the price rise. Its called inflation and its a relativly simple financial concept to grasp... of course, i prefer my personal theory. (See below)

ARCEHONS THEORY ON THE GOA PRICE INCREASE

Ok, it was worked out that the price increase was a mere 50pence per week extra. Less than the cost of a coke from a machine, ok maybe some people can't afford a coke but its my theory that GOA recently had a vending machine installed in the office and that this price increase is actually in effect so the staff can use it.

Anyway, i'm done whining about this whine.

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Archeon
ARCEHONS THEORY ON THE GOA PRICE INCREASE

Ok, it was worked out that the price increase was a mere 50pence per week extra. Less than the cost of a coke from a machine, ok maybe some people can't afford a coke but its my theory that GOA recently had a vending machine installed in the office and that this price increase is actually in effect so the staff can use it.

:clap:

Come on guys let em have a coke a day.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Maybe GOA/Mythic as a whole dont give a toss, but its clear to see from the boards, the moderators/CSR's who post here do intervien when enough people start moaning...
No CSRs post here. Only Kemor and Zargar, who are the two english server GMs. And they really only post here when your local E&E directs a link to them, and then only if they feel the need to.

So the amount of whining means nothing. It's all down to whether your local E&E decides to share a laugh with your local GM.

I doubt any of their CSRs actually know about BW.

-G

S

SilverHood

well, they do... cos they kicked Sigurd's alts out Call of Heimdal at my request, based on the BW thread.

The fact that he threatend to kill us all in guild chat might also have something to do with it.
But they do know it exists.

btw, are the CSR's french? or english?

Always thought Kemor or Zargar did CSR in their spare work time..

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by SilverHood
btw, are the CSR's french? or english?

Always thought Kemor or Zargar did CSR in their spare work time..
1) tbh, after reading many rightnow reports, I honestly must say that in my opinion, most CSRs are either German or French - the English Rightnow stuff being handled by the better english speaking French CSRs.

2) K&Z are GMs, they're like a superclass of CSRs. They can pretty much do anything that CSRs do, and obviously more. Sometimes, in the past, if I or other E&E saw things ingame, or here, or IRC, or wherever, we could (and the others still do) draw a GM's attention directly to it, thereby bypassing the whole rightnow process.

E.g. If I saw someone cheating, I'd SS it and email it direct to K, and he'd deal with it. All I'd be told is "Thanks", and that'd pretty much be it. I'd never hear about it again. That's where faith comes in. Trusting and knowing that GOA does follow through. Their policy of not publicising names does indeed give the perception that they don't care and that they are perhaps not doing anything.

D

darbey

I have to worry about their technical support when they advised me that I should get more memory than the 512 ddr memory I have, when i was having problems with SI which turned about to be a cooling issue.

E

Esoteric

Hmm don't mean to put a downer on above post but personal pc and diagnosing issues is very much down to the consumer. They can't really monitor you're cpu/pc temp.

S

scartooth

GOA = Translation service .

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by scartooth
GOA = Translation service .

Nothing more.

Nothing less.
And hosting. And policing. And events. Yes events. You know, those awesome things that we all queued up for because of the awesome event from Beta. The ones we talk about all the time that drown out the whining and cries of Nerf! Yeah, those events.

Oh, and I'm actually sure they've managed to help quite a few people. Since not EVERYONE that plays DAoC posts on Barryswhine, just those that have issues and want someone to listen to their whine.

-G

S

SilverHood

would be cool to have some decent short term events..... like a player organised siege on the blood felag fort in svealand for example, or a demon gate opening somewhere in vanern that needed closing by brave adventurers

just quick things that could be done in a a few hours, rather than monster epic things that no one gets

T

Tasans

Better events.
The last one started kinda good, but it became idiotic when those strangers etc kept poping up killing all lowbies.

V

Vorcyn

Restoring of hacked accounts

If the player took the proper precautions and didnt hand out their username / password to people, the hacking wouldnt take place, and the person would have no need to have their character restored.

T

The Real Redi

Jupitus, you know i trust you, it begins to get despairing as even though i agree with no naming/shaming - christ, like this place hasnt got enough flamery going on anyways - When you see self confessed cheats/CoC breakers/Hackers still playing...

There are a few on these boards who are famous for their crimes, some are less well known, but these people are either running on new accounts, or just still playing their old ones. BAN THEM!

A few months ago, there was a massive thread/whine from a guy who had his account banned as he had been using a radar (which he denied - obviously) and had been set up and targetted one of the CSR's (or whatever theyre called) who was monitoring him waay out of clip range.

His account was banned, he whined. Now, we all know that many people use radars in this game, but seeing as it doesnt actually alter any code or anything, some consider it legal (then theres those who use them very smartly, and don't react obviously to enemy way out of sight)

To get the players behind GoA/Mythic, we need to see proof that these players who flaunt the rules, and those players who are banned, are at least punished in some way otherwise your virtually saying "Yes, there is a CoC, but if you break it just create a new account and you can carry on doing it, k?" Hackers are not only breaking the CoC, they are breaking the law, but because its related to a game, i doubt that would be taken seriously.

I just get so wound up seeing those same cheats still playing, still cheating and still getting away with it. I know you guys will try to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, whether someone is cheating or not, but IMO, even claiming it on a public board is grounds for a suspension whilst an investigation is carried out, otherwise its as good as encouraging others and those new to the game are given a bad impression.

this is just my opinion - someone who has ONE account, and uses no software whilst running DAoC, apart from the client and my internet security.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Vorcyn
If the player took the proper precautions and didnt hand out their username / password to people, the hacking wouldnt take place, and the person would have no need to have their character restored.

and you know this is crap, Vorcyn. If someone really wants in to your PC, no matter what security you have, they will get it.

Hacking is called hacking because its not the easy route in - it means breaking down security and beating the system, not giving up because the firewall is up, and the user wont tell you their password.

F

Farnis

Well - ive just submitted a rightnow request at 10 am this morning. It was fixed by 10:30..not sure how they can do things any better...

Every issue that Ive ever sent into rightnow has been sorted really quickly.

I have no issues with GOA at all - except the lack of a 3rd server - but to be honest, with a 3rd server we may get less people on the other 2 which may have a detrimental effect (not to rvr but to the lower level peeps looking for groups).

G

granny

but IMO, even claiming it on a public board is grounds for a suspension whilst an investigation is carried out

Um, are you saying that you think that if someone claims someone else is cheating on these boards that the accused should have their account suspended while an investigation is carried out? Or have I misunderstood you.

If that is what you're saying then that's possibly the worst idea I've ever heard! (OK not the worst ever, "let's try and kill Afanc!" wins that prize o_O) Every n00b who got PA'd by any well-known stealther could leap on here and shout "Rambo uses radar!!" and get them suspended, chaos reigns, black is white, up is down, cats & dogs sleep together, archers stop whining, Mythic fixes archers, civilization as we know it falls apart.

Er. Or somthing.

V

Vorcyn

Hacking is called hacking because its not the easy route in - it means breaking down security and beating the system, not giving up because the firewall is up, and the user wont tell you their password

Of Course if they are really determined they are going to keep trying. But do you think they are going to go to all the trouble of getting your ip, spending a good amount of time breaking the security on your pc, and then deciding the most important piece of imformation they can find is your daoc details.

It comes down to the fact again, that if the information for your daoc account isnt inside a text file on your desktop (or on your pc at all) or inside your email program, that they wont be able to get your details with which to log in. Unless they go to GOA's website, and request the details to be sent to that users email address, to which they then hijack and use for their own purposes.

But if a person is that persistant which i doubt 99% of the so called "hackers" are, then taking precautions is what stops people from getting unauthorized access to your account.

O

old.Ragnorak

to all the people who are saying, don't whine about GOA customer service,
I doubt u would be saying this if it was YOUR account that was hacked, and 1+ year of hard work simply erased without a 2nd thought. And then GOA basically tell you to fuck off?

This is ridiculous, especially if a player took all precautions, and stuff, its easy for GOA to trace the items that were stolen, and the fact that they refuse to do so shows a complete lack of good will on their part, and unless people join together and take a stand this will never change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom