Petition for Gordon Brown to resign

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The only thing is I really don't want David Cameron as PM...he is enough of a twat already

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Except its not really true is it? The Tories are nearly as statist as NuLab, they just express it in different ways. The Big Brother tendency seems to be a feature of the British establishment no matter who's in power. Personally I don't think the banking crisis would have been any different under the Tories, and they'd have just as enthusiastically followed the US lead on the War on TerrorTM.

Having said that, Labour still have to go (as Meg said, any party in power too long fucks it up), LibDems are a non-starter, so Tories it is, just because they're not the other lot.
I think the banking chrisis would potentially have been worse under the tories as they were even more against regulation of the industry, they were both too afraid to bump up the powers of the FSA for fear that the dominance of London as a financial center would have been lessened.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If's and but's m8. The fact is Labour have *really* fucked things up.

But your assessment might work if you believe that all this was accidental ;)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
This whole conversation is full of partronising and mocking the other side

ECA

I am a FH squatter
We really need to reform the electoral system before we'll get anywhere.

Too many power hungry dipshit career politicians rather than people who care.

Part of the problem is re-election.
Increase terms by 50-100% but bar anyone standing for re-election.
It would stop so much of the smeg we all hate.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I think the banking chrisis would potentially have been worse under the tories as they were even more against regulation of the industry, they were both too afraid to bump up the powers of the FSA for fear that the dominance of London as a financial center would have been lessened.

I agree, they'd have axed the FSA.

Then again, the FSA are as worthless as a milk bucket under a bull, so what difference would it have made?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
FSA did nothing, Treasury did nothing. Who knows what the Tories would have done ?

old.user4556

Maybe we needed a big fuckup / meltdown combo to kick whatever government up the arse.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe we needed a big fuckup / meltdown combo to kick whatever government up the arse.

Hasn't worked though, even after the meltdown Northern Rock were giving our 125% mortgages.... Mark my words in 10 years time we'll be back down this road again, and then again, and then again.
Bonuses are already estimated to hit 7 billion this year in the city.....

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No it hasnt worked at all ever.

Corporate Governance was supposed to be the way to end the Enrons / Worldcoms / Barings of this world but it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.

Companies still do what they want except there are more government forms to fill in...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Seperating investment and clearing banks again might help.

The South Park episode Margaritaville had a funny take on this. Watch Stan trying to take the item back to the shop for a refund :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, of course not, but if it gets enough signatures then it may make the Beeb, which at least will make most of the country chuckle :)

Well fuck me, right again! Was on Have I Got News For You :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Banks are just as much to blame as the govt for the credit crunch & recession.

Consumer stupidity is also a massive problem and speculators certainly haven't helped!

The blame policy very much mirrors that of Barings Bank (minus consumer involvement).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
How is 1 man getting cocky and then lieing about how much he'd invested in hedge funds anything like the current financial crisis :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Everyone just blamed Leeson though didn't they?

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
46k so far. I wonder what sort of percentage of the British voting population that represents.

He's my view on labour due to a recent event. My sister lost her job, she currently lives in a private rented semi detached, £550 a month rent which is about average around here atm. Now as she's a single mother she is basically getting just about everything paid for her, in fact going back to work part time now would actually make her lose money. Now I'm glad my sister is sorted out and doesnt have to worry about money, but at the same time it pisses me off that young women are basically encouraged to go out and have children because it benefits them financially. They are actually ruining a generation of people if you think about it.
When me and my sister were young and under the conservatives my dad worked days while my mum looked after us, then my mum worked nights while my dad looked after us. Yes it was shit and we got very little in benefits from the government compared to todays standards but at least that system rewarded the right people, the people who got off their arses and did what they were supposed to do. This goverment punishes those people.

old.user4556

On that note, I've just heard that one of my relatives has "depression", isn't working and claiming disability (since depression is disabling) allowance as a result.

Her Facebook is full of going out pictures, parties, getting drunk and generally having a great time.

Fucking annoying.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
snap! Have a similar friend, not worked since 2001 due to depression. Recently got into kite buggies. Spent an absolute fortune on his buggy and is regularly out having a laugh with his new friends. In fact last time I saw him he was still buzzing from his latest trip down the beach in his new buggy while I was sat miserably wondering why my last relationship failed and why my social life had gone down the toilet. It was fair to say I was more depressed than him yet I only had 20 minutes before I had to go to work, he had the rest of the day to play eve online. :twak:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How much do you get for depression? Surely it can't be that great a quality of life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom