Pet Hate.... If you do this I will kill you...

B

bravey

Stand motionless infront of me while i'm defending a CC or act like a n00b and fire your gun off for no particular reason.
Don't do it.
I had one guy do it recently, he came into the CC with no gear, and was just running on the spot inbetween myself and another defender, he then proceeded to fire the weapon into the wall beside us. I put half a clip through him and he wondered why ?
He told me he wasn't a n00b and he was BR14. I don't care what BR you are but if you compromise my line of sight for an extended period in the CC without cause, or act like a n00b, i will execute you.

Another guy did it just as a couple of stealthers came in, I had DL on and could just see them but couldn't fire as they gunned down my squad mate. I fired into the guy to get him to move quick and promptly managed to get the cloaked guys. I then went back and killed off the n00b for good measure as he must have only been there to watch the clock run down on the hack. Why do you folk have to do that clock watching crap anyway ? Set your damn alarms.

I'm not Evil am i ?

ps. I've never had more than 46 Grief so I don't make a habit of it. Although i might get more now i'm driving that Vanguard :eek:

C

Cdr

Pssst its a game - no need to take it all so seriously.

TK'ing's bad mmmk?

B

bravey

But it is serious !!!

Man you wouldn't wanna face the wrath of DMW or Xtro if he was your squad leader and you lost the CC ;)

C

Cdr

heh, DMW is about as scary as a puppy who's looking for his lost bone in a bag, and getting caught up in the handles.

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Cdr
heh, DMW is about as scary as a puppy who's looking for his lost bone in a bag, and getting caught up in the handles.

He's not even as scary a that tbqfh ;)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by bravey
Stand motionless infront of me while i'm defending a CC or act like a n00b and fire your gun off for no particular reason.
Don't do it.
I had one guy do it recently, he came into the CC with no gear, and was just running on the spot inbetween myself and another defender, he then proceeded to fire the weapon into the wall beside us. I put half a clip through him and he wondered why ?
He told me he wasn't a n00b and he was BR14. I don't care what BR you are but if you compromise my line of sight for an extended period in the CC without cause, or act like a n00b, i will execute you.

Another guy did it just as a couple of stealthers came in, I had DL on and could just see them but couldn't fire as they gunned down my squad mate. I fired into the guy to get him to move quick and promptly managed to get the cloaked guys. I then went back and killed off the n00b for good measure as he must have only been there to watch the clock run down on the hack. Why do you folk have to do that clock watching crap anyway ? Set your damn alarms.

I'm not Evil am i ?

ps. I've never had more than 46 Grief so I don't make a habit of it. Although i might get more now i'm driving that Vanguard :eek:

I bet your one of those monkeys who spends 10 minutes spamming Broadcast in Sanctuary "HOSSIN NEEDS REINFORCEMENTS NOW!!!!! NOW!!!!!!"

Its a multiplayer game, you really have to respect the wishes of other players in that they are entitled to play in any way they wish (even if they do act like a bunch of blue monkeys on speed).

Tollerance is a virtue :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

He is right, though - if you don't want to play a game properly, don't play it.

Happens at every tower assault - people run to the door, get shoved into the meat grinder and die.

Tactics? Bwhaha
Supression fire? What the fuck is supression fire?
There are some great players out there (like PL ;)) but the ammount of suicidal lemmings has increased dramatically.

You see the guy on the Basilisk firing his two gatling guns at the tower exit.
You see the tracers ripping into TR scum.
You feel the need for greed arising!
That guy is taking all yu0r mad killz!!1
You run into his line of fire to make a few, quick killz with yu0r ubar skillz.
TR's rip you a new one while the guy who tries to prevent them from getting out racks up grief to no ammount.

Fuck, I will get my rocket rifle back today... :eek:

Y

Yoni

To be honest I agree with Bravey and yes it is a "game" and as such it should be fun to play. However there are certain situations where fun seems to disappear.

1] Llamas in the cc bored - usually they have run in after the hack has been completed for the exp experience whilst all hell is braking loose on the surface. Unfortunately people seem to think that if you sit in the CC you get more experience. It is a shame they dont put their combat engineer head on and go and make the place secure, instead of opening fire in the CC, or all running round pissing max's off by trying to stab them. This usually ends up in the max loosing his temper, opening fire and a few casualties.

2] Shooting the generator after hack or even before (even though there are tactical reasons for before hack destruction) - no generator means no weapons or vehicles, makes a defence strategy a little harder.

3] Not taking the surrounding towers and therefore not choking the enemies spawn points. I have lost count of how many bases have been lost because the towers have been left or not enough focus is put on securing them. I have noticed that if the tower lies just outside the SOI then these are usually the ones which get left (exp hunters dont want to go and do it) and they are usually the ones which cause the most problems.

4] This is probably my pet dislike - jacking of vehicles especially enemy ams'. Some players even when told "please do not fire at this vehicle I am jacking it - if you see me die then please kill it" continue to open fire not only on the vehicle but on me - helping me increase my respawn time and also wasting a valuable resource.

As for DMW or Xtro having a go if we do not succeed in our tasks - Xtro does not use voice however DMW does, and occasionally has a bad spate of tourettes that is very scary to hear indeed. After all is said and done DMW (regardless of what all you non-NC people may think) is an excellent leader and gives us endless amusement.:clap:

B

BrassMonkey

hehe i shot him down last night when he was flying around in his mosq....was probably one of my greatest sniper shots ever. Moving target, me just about under it, gentle squeeze of the trigger and Boom! Exploding mosq.

no relevance to thread i just wanted to feel proud.

P

[PS]Fool

Quite a lame thing to do tbh.... its not like you were never a 'n00b' as you put it. Lets execute people on grounds of ignorance..

Y

Yoni

how can you call it lame? I mean its comman sense not to stand in the line of fire of a max in the cc especially when the complex is still swarming with the opposition.

<rant>
lets face it the first thing any opposition will do on entering the cc if they have the fire power is try and take the max out anything that is in the way gets killed. Also if the max happens to notice enemys in the cc they will fire and get rid of them regardless of the idiots dancing in front of them getting in the way - its their job to protect the hack.

As an infiltrator I take great pleasure in crawling round max's to hack facilities hopefully with my team mates distracting them as I do so - the simple reason once it is hacked the max can not hack it back - it amazes me how most people have darklight but in the midst of a battle they still dont flick it on and off to ensure that sneaky people like me dont find a way through.

Simple solution - do not over crowed the cc - if you want to just sit and idle then hide behind a box in the rooms out side the cc (for a bottom hack) or in the flight vehicle term for a top hack.

Let me make a football analogy for a min. You are stood in goal and you can see the ball moving up the pitch all of a sudden the ball a couple of the opposition and the whole of your team have closed in blocking the line of sight - one wrong move and goal scored - someting which could have been avoided if the goal keeper could have seen the ball to save it.

<end of rant>

X

Xtro

Please don't let me find my MS sidewinder kit.

During an infamous Tribes World Championship match (England vs US East) I was our Heavy Defence flag defender and lost my voice from shouting my head off at the defence every time they moved out of position.

"FLAG THE MINE!!! FLAG THE MINE!! I MEAN MINE THE FLAG!! OH FOR F**KS SAKE MOVE YOUR F**KING ARSE YOU LAME F**KING ****************************!" etc.

Calmed down slightly now, I never lose my rag in PS tbh.*

*this is 99% true.

B

bravey

Faeldawn :

I've never spammed anything in broadcast chat, in fact i have probably only ever used broadcast once and that was my first day playing by mistake.

Yoni understands what i'm getting at completely.
Yes it's only a game but in order for it to be enjoyable there has to be some sense of "seriousness" involved.
I'm not advocating acts of senseless pk'ing, merely pointing out that if someone intereferes in a non constructive and silly way to the plans of my outfit or squad i'd rather remove them for the good of the Conglomerate to the nearest spawn tube :)

Oh and DMW is a cracking leader...

can i get a promotion now for saying nice things about you ;)

X

Xavier

at the moment the one thing which makes me want to ©unt friendlies more than anything is the tits who after securing a base destroy the EQ and vehicle pads, I mean damnit why not blow the generator and be done with the EXP as well? FFS :eek:

S

SilverHood

yeah xavier... thankfully I have a repairign tool in my locker so I can fix stuff if needed... but it still pisses me off no end

X

Xavier

Oh, and the 'not listening to squad leader' bit will never go away. Noobs always think they know better - after all there's nothing stopping them making that valiant leap out of the trenches and singlehandedly slaughtering all the enemy... :rolleyes:

Last night I was in a squad steathed up and creeping over a bridge (as ordered) while cloaked and one of my teammates decided he knew better than our CR4 commander. Instead of staying in cargo on the galaxy he dropped and charged over in his harasser and basically squished me... I've got to admit that kinda miffed me until I unloaded 48 reaver missiles into said harasser 3 minutes later :D and watched him get booted from the squad \o/ - teh win!

Ok, so I've got 354 odd grief points for my sins, be it gimps running into the LOF of my reaver when we're storming a tower, or better still mosquitoes dropping into the path of my missiles while I'm dogfighting (funny when they owners tell you 'this target is mine' then their wussy armour caves in when your first missile hits) but they'll be gone soon - I'm adopting a new school of thought on the matter - certain friendlies don't need heavy support, they can cut it on their own with little more than a pistol and a hand grenade... so whenever swarms of purples run into my line of fire I'll up sticks and leave them to fight those TR maxes with their toothpicks and come back and fight the real battle after ;)

S

SilverHood

yeah, people not listening is the main reason I either play outfit squad or solo

tried a random pick up group just for a laugh

the squad leader had zero clue about the game
everyone wanted to fly a reaver, I was told to ditch my ams because it can't shoot

I then left

joined another squad... Cr2 commander... knew what he was doing.. except his squadmembers didn't

we were being capped, had an AMS in the courtyard (mine), and the NC had just taken the nearby tower... everyone except me and the SL start assaulting the tower... ignoring the fact that our base is being capped...

after they die the 10th time, they say the SL is a bad leader because he wasn't helping...

by this time, an outfit squad was forming, so I left :)

you play on werner xav? or on the yankee servers?

X

Xavier

Oh, I play on Werner - we've met up a few times actually :)

X

Xavier

Actually the amount of Xavier/Xav/X4V/X4V13Rs on there is plain scary :S

Mind you I get the same on IRC, too many people want meh nick :)

B

bravey

Originally posted by Custy
lol i was thinking the same thing

If you don't want to take it even that bit seriously as a decent squad game then why are you even on these boards ? If you didn't really take it seriously wouldn't you just hop into the game whenever you fancied mowing down a few people in your reaver or something ?

I came out and owned up to doing something that I shouldn't have to do because of the inability (in my eyes) of others to play this as a team game which i presume it was designed as.

Your post just shows off your misunderstanding of my original post and subsequent reasonable arguments that have followed.

Cheers :eek:

S

SilverHood

playing seriously in a non serious way is the way to go

:D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by SilverHood
playing seriously in a non serious way is the way to go

:D

Uhm... yes!

I think. :p

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by bravey
Faeldawn :

I've never spammed anything in broadcast chat, in fact i have probably only ever used broadcast once and that was my first day playing by mistake.

You missed my point.

Take a deep breath and relax :)

People are entitled to play however they wish, noone has the right to tell another player what they can and cannot do.

Intentionally Tking someone just for moving into what you believe to be your line of fire is not acceptable, you must try to see things from the other players perspective and demonstrate a little tollerance. The way you see their movements may be very different from the way they see them, they arent hurting you, they simply dont understand 100% what you have in mind because they are not psychic.

P.S. Not a flame, read it calmly and slowly :)

X

Xavier

I don't think that's the point though now is it?

If people run past MAX units just to get some of their own kills in they're going to die in the crossfire - that is unless they EXPECT the tanks/MAXes AND air support to wait up while they get a couple of shots in? Hmm, nope.

I know as an infiltrator to let the big guns do exactly that, and once things are dead to run in and hack away merrily. Likewise as a MAX if someone runs in front of my weapon and I'm exchanging fire with the enemy I won't take my finger off the trigger - if they end up fragbait it was their funeral, there's no reason I should let up in my assault, giving the enemy further chance to respawn and come to kill me.

People don't need to 'know' whats going on, a lot of it is common sense. If you see a reaver bearing down over a doorway STAY CLEAR - it's not there to be SHOT AT, it's there to SHOOT and it's missiles HURT. If you're running down a tunnel cloaked and come up to MAX units which are storming an entrenched CC DON'T run ahead - chances are they WON'T see you and you'll DIE HORRIBLY.

phew, I feel so much better now.:D

Users who are viewing this thread