Perma TS : And so history repeats

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
What's the big deal?

Get shot by Scout/Hunter...
/face...
Evade rest of inc arrows...
Kill.

Won't always be that easy but Assasins claiming it'll be the end of us in this post are just whiney lemmings echoing the concerns of the retarded yanks on VN.

I think this is a step in the right direction... Assasins won't be the Godlike entities they are now, but a smart Assasin will still survive to do his job. That is, to assasinate one char and move on quickly. Not take on groups of 3 solo and "pwn".

Nice RA.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Dook said:
What's the big deal?

Get shot by Scout/Hunter...
/face...
Evade rest of inc arrows...
Kill.

You think, you meet less then 1-2 archers at time? =). Or you can evade from back? Look into the future. There already hordes of archers get PLing (in the deep secret ofc, cause on public all ppl says, that new archer abilities - is nothing special and cost too many rps =)). But OK, who cares about assasins. Anyways ppl (who havent assasin as main) didnt love them, so its hard to explain things about. Lets look from another side.
Ppl who have a common chars now making archers cause their new RAs sounds nice and can give a lot of fun in the new Frontiers. Ppl who already have an assasins, making archers (Mostly. Tbh, they make a regular chars also, but many assasin players prefer stealth) as backup chars, if playing by SB, inf or NS become a real pain in the arse in the new Frontiers. So, if nothing changed, i think archer population can be alot more than present assasin population. And regular groups can get huge stealthed add from distance during the battle with another group. I know, i know, assasins adding too atm, but long range most safety, isnt it? And how those ppl from regular groups suppose to find them (archers)? SL? Node? For example my SB can avoid Node areas without any prob, just need some patience, and dont forget – i am meelee class . Even assasin-kamikaze, who can try to detect an archer, have around 5-10% of success, cause all-seeing archers can avoid them (imo, only lazy\stupid archer didnt get a TS3 at first, atleast to not being hitted by other archer with longer TS range). Thats my opinion. Yes, maybe now it sounds like an assasin whining, but lets wait till those new specced archers go to the big RvR and see what happens. I think assasin whine will be replaced by someone's else.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
lol

if TS3 is already nerfed to 800range wtf are u assasins moaning about? max range for see hidden L50 v L50 was 750 if im not mistaken?

imo QQ its not like u get 1v1 killed by archers every day huh?

/Dracus

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
LoL at scouts hunters and rangers whining tbh...

I dont see Fatbelly or Powerslave whine on anything.. that archers where gimped classes or anything.. neither any whine from lots of other good scouts and rangers i have seen. And lots of them made it high rr's..

SH WAS overpowered, LA was also overpowerd (tho i never tried it, stayed crit all the time:) DF IS overpowered, AP for NS is overpowered, SB's RA's sux big time..

seems like every class has it benefits and its weakness.. thats how the game is, if ur not happy about why dont u just create one of those fotms so u can stop the whine?
Those that say Archers are gimped and assasins are so fotm and easy to play.. then roll a assasin ffs :)

Indrid

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
Lol do alb give a damn i mean they go out to emain in force anyway u pop 1 the other 3fgs jump u i mean now stealther have BG as well u can just bg a person until u charged a archer down.And besides 1k range personally i think is a bit gay. i perfer have the old ts but on a shorter timer but thats just my view.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
AMG Emain is fucking rediculus(SP:p) tbh, or MMG Emain, i pop TS, at least 3 - 2fg stealthers, vs the 5 ungrouped hibby stealthers in emain.

give ts in frontiers, and watch the infil/scout/SB zerg die down :m00:

all go back to play rr3 paladims

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Squalion said:
give ts in frontiers, and watch the infil/scout/SB zerg die down :m00:

Everytime when stealthers got nerfed, they make a new, huge numbers, stealth zerg =). And if, maybe, mid's stealth zerg can go down cause of frontiers e.t.c., alb's never dies, thanx to minis. Not whine, just a fact =).

Anyways, new 800 range for TS3 better than 1000 heh.

Eeli

Fledgling Freddie
atleast archers had camo as complement.. assassins get nothing

Assasins get nothing...

ROFFLEROFFLEROFFLE.

Anything that gets to sneak around and pick their fights with less fortunate - all you assasins and what not - needs to just shut the f up and stop QQ'ing or reroll.

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
nah wat i meant was ts range for TS3 was 1k they nerfed it to 800. The current ts is like to clip range jsut rox so much.Very useful for 2 hittin alb stealth zerg at amg

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, 800 not so good as clipping range (which is better to shoot ofc), but still hurts:
http://home.arcor.de/www.rashida.de/TS3_800.jpg
Still bad thing that assasin needs in high stealth to detect archers\minis on highest possible range, cause SH based on own\enemy's stealth lvl (btw good system imo). And archers is guaranteed to see ANY stealther in TS range, not dependent from stealth level. So if i have even more stealth than archer with TS3 and can detect him earlier, hes still untoucheable for me, cause if i make 2 more steps to him, hes detect me. Just suggestions.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
you can problly get 1 crit off with that range and maybe 1more shot if ur lucky.

well at least that way u can avoid getting PA'd by jox for 9xx dmg :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Squalion said:
you can problly get 1 crit off with that range and maybe 1more shot if ur lucky.

well at least that way u can avoid getting PA'd by jox for 9xx dmg :p

So 1 crit and 1 regular shot. That still leaves a well-equipped TOA-assassin on 50% hp. Then the torment begins (again) and an archer who spend 30 points on TS3 didnt spend 30 points on MoPain, Ignore Pain and Toughness/Aug.Con. So his melee-survivability will probably less then now (except for very high RR).

I would be amazed if a decent RR assassin would loose over such scenario against same RR archer (with TS). But lets be an optimist and its a 50/50 chance the assassin or archer wins. Isnt that balance?

And about people being afraid gankgroups gonna run with a TS3-archer: You gotta be kidding me; lets look all over Frontiers for some stealthers to gank em and get easy-RP but gimping the group for the rest... Noway; not gonna happen.

About Alb stealth-groups: Well yeah thats possible; but its possible now too if you make a group with 3 archers, 2 mincers,3 infils you got TS every 10 mins and you can be pretty sure at MG's you can catch some fish now. ATM that aint happening too often; doubt Frontiers will change that. And 'normal' groups can counter those groups with Stealth-lore. You cant get 24/7 Stealthlore up now but if you see a fg stealth in front of you only 1 in that group has to pop Stealthlore to find em and uncover em (and kill em).

Its a 'nerf' to assassins; but they needed a nerf; at the moment Assassins versus Archers where easy-modus and basically free RP unless archer had IP/AP and Purge available. That wasnt fair either.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
So 1 crit and 1 regular shot. That still leaves a well-equipped TOA-assassin on 50% hp. Then the torment begins (again) and an archer who spend 30 points on TS3 didnt spend 30 points on MoPain, Ignore Pain and Toughness/Aug.Con. So his melee-survivability will probably less then now (except for very high RR).

I would be amazed if a decent RR assassin would loose over such scenario against same RR archer (with TS). But lets be an optimist and its a 50/50 chance the assassin or archer wins. Isnt that balance?

And about people being afraid gankgroups gonna run with a TS3-archer: You gotta be kidding me; lets look all over Frontiers for some stealthers to gank em and get easy-RP but gimping the group for the rest... Noway; not gonna happen.

About Alb stealth-groups: Well yeah thats possible; but its possible now too if you make a group with 3 archers, 2 mincers,3 infils you got TS every 10 mins and you can be pretty sure at MG's you can catch some fish now. ATM that aint happening too often; doubt Frontiers will change that. And 'normal' groups can counter those groups with Stealth-lore. You cant get 24/7 Stealthlore up now but if you see a fg stealth in front of you only 1 in that group has to pop Stealthlore to find em and uncover em (and kill em).

Its a 'nerf' to assassins; but they needed a nerf; at the moment Assassins versus Archers where easy-modus and basically free RP unless archer had IP/AP and Purge available. That wasnt fair either.

blaha blaha...thats plain bull shit.

"but its possible now too if you make a group with 3 archers, 2 mincers,3 infils you got TS every 10 mins and you can be pretty sure at MG's you can catch some fish now"

In frontier its possible for ONE archer + ONE mincer to suck upp all solo assassins with ease, and I wont blame them who do that...

I may be a retarded see hidden/stealth lore idiot, but i still wont let low rr snipers fist-fuck me all day long.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jox said:
blaha blaha...thats plain bull shit.

I wrote down alot. Can you point me out whats 'plain bullshit' ? The part where an effective 3 RR lower (30 RA-points spend into TS3) archer wont win 100% against an assassin from 800 range? In essence that RR4 scout is now a RR1 scout in terms of his RA's once he got off his crit.

Or is it bullshit the 'opted' gankgroups wont run with an archer? Trust me; ask the gankgroups in your realm: None of them giving a flying fuck about stealthers as long as they dont add/leech on their fights. And offering room to an archer means sacrificing 1 other spot.

"but its possible now too if you make a group with 3 archers, 2 mincers,3 infils you got TS every 10 mins and you can be pretty sure at MG's you can catch some fish now"

In frontier its possible for ONE archer + ONE mincer to suck upp all solo assassins with ease, and I wont blame them who do that...

Ehm; Frontiers is not Emain with AMG and MMG. Nowadays you can fire TS at a MG and TK and catch the 'majority' of stealthers with that. There are way more points where stealthers will hang out in Frontiers because the size of it. Teleporting straight into the action will also have an impact on that. Any idea how much time it would take to flush out a rather large area with an 800 radius PoV ? Because thats what we're talking about. Not camping a MG and having cliprange PoV.

I may be a retarded see hidden/stealth lore idiot, but i still wont let low rr snipers fist-fuck me all day long.

Hell no; if you do it its fine and the rest needs to adept. Once you cant do it its retarded and gay and should be fixed.

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
I find Jox Arguement that albs with scout + minstrel duo will be very very good. Check areas, scout sees an assasin, lay off a fast shot, minstre stun/zephyr and with perma ts it will be very hard for other assasins to kill the scout, but he can just run on speed 5, spot some1 and shoot him.

Ofc they will still be killable but just alot harder.

That what i think atleast, but cant know´nothing until it goes live

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
lol, my fucked sb moved in close to Lox and gave him 539 in pa, he shieldslammed me...I knew they were many so I ran...Lox dropped an arrow after me; 979...lol.

so what is hardest? move in close and execute an pa or a critshot from distance? its all so fucked.

The fact; Mythic gives snipers perma-ts to get rid of all assassins, its a primitive form of class-population-control, very poor try.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
lol, my fucked sb moved in close to Lox and gave him 539 in pa, he shieldslammed me...I knew they were many so I ran...Lox dropped an arrow after me; 979...lol.

so what is hardest? move in close and execute an pa or a critshot from distance? its all so fucked.

The fact; Mythic gives snipers perma-ts to get rid of all assassins, its a primitive form of class-population-control, very poor try.

you cant critshot if the target is running though (that is running without using end, only if a target is standing still or is actually walking (no idea why you would do that in rvr) you can critshot it), so basically a critshot is rather hard to pull off as the person must either not know you are around (as otherwise he would certainly be moving) and standing still or he must be stunned (dont think you can crit a mezzed/rooted person could be wrong there).
Ow and having 800 units range doesnt mean you actually meet people on that range and assassins should see you on 250 units so you most likely will have an edge of 400 units over the assassin on seeing him and 650 units to start of the fight. I dont think in a 1vs1 the assassin has lost already (certainly as the assassin can have 30 points in something more useful). Off course most fights wont be 1 vs 1, but maybe the assassins should have their own archers along with them to counter it and yes I do think it might help albion more than others with their minstrell, but that was also the case with see hidden and didnt see anyone mentioning it back then.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jox said:

Yeah lol you tried to PA a RR8 scout and you saw there where many so you ran... from a scout.... Who has strong ranged attack.

What would it been if it was a true 1 vs 1? You PA for 539; he slams you (dunno how; since your CD would have stunned him) and then? You would have purged? Did he purge the CD to slam you ?

I mean; 1 versus 1 it wouldnt be a sure win for Lox would it ? Without RA's he would most likely been dead if you finished off the PA-chain. You didnt; instead you try to ran from a class with a strong ranged attack.

Yep, like See Hidden was used to get rid of all archers. Oh wait; some archers cooped with it (like Loxley did). Guess what some assassins will do. The crybabies will quit; the persistent ones will continue. It will cut out a good part of the assassin-population.. and for a reason too.

Aussie

Banned
Jox said:
critshot can be interrupted and requires non attacking non moving unstealted target or TS and is performed with 2 buttons
PA requires SH and 1 button

:cheers:

boomeH

Fledgling Freddie
What happened was I was standing at the zone wall at mmg, trying to get Jox, who I had caught a glimpse of, to jump a merc I was using as bait. He PA'd me and CD got blocked. I slammed and landed it first time, did a crit shot and Evasive popped out of stealth. I kept shooting at Jox but he got away with 5% and my SL and TS down. :'( So the encounter was more a reflection of Jox's bad luck than his class being gimped

A message from loxleyhood.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
archers needed this tbh, and all the assasins QQ beacuse theyre wankers.

SH + Clip range.

how many times have us brehons been ass raped by meduza.

boomeH

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza, don't log Enhanze out on roof tops. It is confusing. :)

From loxleyhood.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Squalion said:
SH + Clip range.

how many times have us brehons been ass raped by meduza.
Yea, thoze were the dayz :D

boomeH said:
Meduza, don't log Enhanze out on roof tops. It is confusing. :)

From loxleyhood.
:kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom