People who solo on Camlann

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
Do other people than Bonedancers and stealthers solo on Camlann at lvl 50?

I was thinking of making an ice Theurgist for soloing. But if no one else than BDs and Stealthers solo, there would not be much point.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
<-- solo pvp 20-46 so far :eek6:

and yes, theres quite a few people who solo or duo.. atleast from what i've seen :)

Silenzio

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
<-- solo pvp 20-46 so far :eek6:

and yes, theres quite a few people who solo or duo.. atleast from what i've seen :)
aye, even i dont consider a bd as a soloer

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
What level are you living?
Oh and I posted you another PM and bumped your FAO thread but still no answer=/

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
Where do the FG's on Camlann pvp? I played there for about a year ago and then it was mostly at Portals and DF, is it still the same?

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
No - fg's that camp portals soon get bored if nobody else of the same size wants to fight them...also, when 8 lvl 50's kill single blues, it's not much fun or reward :D
When not trying to take/defend keeps (this happens more when the relics are a bit more spread around), Camelot Hills and between DL and TNN are the best places for fg's to roam if they want 8v8 action.

trull

Fledgling Freddie
I solo with my skald.. its ok most of the times if I avoid portals and highly camped areas :)

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
weekends are hard for soloing for some reason i've noticed, go out on thrusday, meet soloers, go out same time (early afternoon) on friday, meet small/large groups. I don't even try to play my skald on weekends anymore :mad:

Goldragon

Fledgling Freddie
I have soloed/duoed more or less 1-46 with my friar :D

Its no problem, you just have to know some geographics

crazykobby

Fledgling Freddie
There are quite a few classes that solo very well at 50. Mainly tanks. The thing is you have to hang around aegir/goth areas late night and wait for infils to attack u b4 u slam and kill. Aarball is the most successful solo warrior i know. Celwira (merc) Vladutz (frair) from requim also solo pvp alot and as you can see earn far more than most in the rp tables.

Hats off to Sae from CaernSidhe as a great example of solo theurgist who kicks butt :) you see her often in camelot hills. Krystals normally is a good example of a soloing enchanter but she cant resist to flame every time she dies.

Bonedancers are great but only in very quite times, and u cant camp goth /aegir bcos if any infil lands his pa combo u are normally dead unless u have purge up. and truely aegir/goth is where the rp is at. Not to mention everyone jumps the bd as soon as a fight begins.. u even getting lvl 20 greys mezzing all your healing pets while you fight a savage. Also if u meet any caster with MoC you can be sure they will outdmg and kill u.

I have actually found soloing with my shaman great fun :) perma sprint+ great buffs + nasty dots DD's. Taken down loadsa classes and obviously shamans are very welcome in grps. this might be the most satisfying char i have every played and am sure to stick to it.

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
I do believe that aarbal uses a bb a lot, so you might want to take that into account. Sae's frelling annoying...mainly because he doesn't give up after a few deaths ;)
I play a friar and we're not too bad at the solo-ing thing (as long as you don't get attacked by 3 stealthers at once :D ), but the most annoying to play against are those Shami's. I'd give them a go if I were you.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
FG's .. I think thru DF (alb/hib/mid), Cotswold - PK - DF, Gothwaite Harbour, Aegir.. and some occasionally Mag Mell -> Ardee -> DF.

Some are in Emain, tho Requiem will whipe you there rather fast i think.

crazykobby

Fledgling Freddie
If i had to vote for a solo class which would do best on pvp server it would hands down be a frair.

trull

Fledgling Freddie
sure friars are nice but nothing beats stealth, as a stealther u can hang around portals all day even when fgs are there and just add in fights

B

Ballad

trull said:
sure friars are nice but nothing beats stealth, as a stealther u can hang around portals all day even when fgs are there and just add in fights
Too bad stealth doesn't have a very bright future :D

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
bah, stealthers.. they have so bad stealth that i ALWAYS see them before they hit me.. if they are not really much higher lvl

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
omfg i cant belive ppl play at camlann... ppl have no respect there...
example 1, me and some m8s wanted to do some exping, we started out at caer goth, after beeing followed by a purp con, to us waiting for our pvp invulnerbility, and killed 20 times in a row we sneak out and ran off in the forrest... wow, we had spend 1hr just to get 100m from caer goth and gained nothing except only haveing 10con left, since none of us had money.
example 2 when excal server was down we created a fun group to go exp some with we had a cleric a merc a pally and a mid healer, it took us about 1 hr to get to goth since we where ganked as soon as a red/purp con saw us, when we then turned to backside of cammy and headed to tepok we encountered some fights there as well from a group camping exit... anyway we finally got to tepok mine where we where supposed to start exping, when we suddenly stumbled upon 2 necros also them red/purp con to us, we /yell dont kill us plz we only want to exp, ofcourse they didnt listen cause hey after all its camlann, why should you listen to other ppl, so they started life pulling us at 50% our health each tap and we desperatly tried to hit their pets ( i think i got 1 hit in before we all died)
so all i have to say is F*** camlann unless they give /level 50 command so all are equal, or give /pvp off command for those who wants to exp

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Is it true that most people on Camlann dosent use buffbot? and if thats the truth, why? Must be easy to hide him in a zonewall corner somewhere.

And how is RvR on Camlann these days?

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
I understand what you're saying, Kelio. There are a LOT of rude people on Camlan, but I very much doubt that there are more than on any other server. The difference is that you pay a lot more for there rudeness. On other servers, the rude people still your camp spot or leech your xp etc, but on Camlan they kill you. I'd have to say that a lot of them are just plain silly as well: I don't see the point of a people an fg travelling all the way to Avalon City just to kill a couple of people. The reward/time spent just doesn't make it worth it...or maybe they just play to irritate people. Although I think Mythic have also not put much thought into making classes like Necros and BD's, I think you just had a bit of bad luck with that necro (if he was leeching off of your /lvl 20 char he couldn't have been too much higher than you and therefore a new-ish char on camlan. I've found most high-level necro players are in guilds and therefore only use there necro to pl other players/chars as necros aren't really very good to roam-pvp with in 8v8. I spend a lot of time in AC pl-ing my alts or others and almost every time that I've encountered other guilds there, they are quite happy to accept a temp. peace in AC if they are asked politely (you do get the odd exception, but they aren't regulars in AC and are just there to pk when you are pulling). Xp'ing takes a little more thought/planning than it does on other servers. One really needs to learn to adapt if you're going to get anywhere on Camlan.
I really don't understand why it it took you an hour to get 100m out of Caer Goth (methinks you're exagerating a wee bit). There is an horse that can take you anywhere in Alb Si from Goth Keep. People obviously camp portals like Goth/Aeg/Dom as that's where people congregate. Even if it's 1fg - I bet most fg's are just diing to have another fg come along so that they can have a bit of fun. I see Goth as a bit of a toll road/bridge. If somebody else "owns" Goth, I firstly try to get to that horse if possible, but mostly it wont be. Sometimes it's just good sense if you see and fg of enemies to just bind, sit down and get the death over with so you can carry on your merry way.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
Is it true that most people on Camlann dosent use buffbot? and if thats the truth, why? Must be easy to hide him in a zonewall corner somewhere.

And how is RvR on Camlann these days?

It's not as widespread as on regular server no, used but not as widespread. Well think like this...if you could not park youre bb at a PK or even close to it in Emain......would you find a speed char and search possible spots just to annoy the people using the BB's? ;)

There is no "RvR" on Cam. There are guild groups fighting guild groups in hib area, (TNN N, MM, Ardee, DL area) Prydwen Keep area and DF. And guilds attacking other peoples guilds. And smaller groups/animists/stealthers camping at mainly SI portals and some of the villages. Bit to few fg's roaming most of the time though. Could be real fun if many fg's were roaming since all can use all the classes they want and not whine about how overpowered the other realms are......

crazykobby

Fledgling Freddie
To Kelio: Levels 20-28 are absolutely without a doubt the most annoying part of camlaan. Many of the people playing at these levels come from others servers and whose soul purpose is too get some laughs for awhile b4 they go back to their normal servers. They have no qualms about chain killing u bcos they dont mind to reroll their char at this low level if they get to hated or just dont play for a few weeks while they play normal rvr server.

In my experience once you get past the initial lvl 20-28 gank fest people on camlaan are more polite overall. I absolutely hated how on normal servers people would be so stuck up and not allow you into grps for example if you are polearms armsman they will keep telling you sorry we only need s/s. This type of thing does not happen very much on camlaan and once u make a few real friends you stick together through thick and thin bcos you know that you need to in order to survive to level 50.

Exp in the most godforsaken places u can find at low lvl (and dont try to cross the extremely busy known pk areas or u will have no con). I suggest Cursed Tomb in midgard as a pretty empty starting xp spot. Also the first level dungeons are all no pk zones... u could perhaps get to lvl 22-23 in peace in mithra or Cursed Tomb(eh am i confused do they have cursed tomb in both places?) in hibernia.

To Jox: I know some people have buffbots but i have not seen anyone using them whilst doing pvp. To be perfectly honest unless unless you are a minstrel and can afford to hide ur bot in some godforsaken place it is generally a waste of time. Most bots get hunted down. The only way you could successfully use a bot imo is too go to svasud or drum ligen and then port to inner alb/hib/mid and hide your bot someplace in the tk, buff up, then port back to svasud or ligen this way you will still be buffed and can camp for unwary porters. Other than that i have only seen bots as tools to xp.
Someone mentioned aarball uses his bot to pvp (nope he only soloes ppl in aegir/goth and when he is down to 20-10% hp he ports back to city, heals himself full and goes back to fight more). If he was to bring his bot it would be so dead due to all the stealthers around.

I really enjoy pvp server due to stealthers fighting clean instead of all having red MOA5 buffs on em :twak:

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
remove relics and you have a totally even server to fight on.....

Ghorak

Fledgling Freddie
Shaman is quite a good solo class, soloed alot with mine :)
But i have to agree that friar must the best, u can both pvp good and solo exp extremly good with it :)

i actually have noticed that many ppl actually uses buffbot, anoying :)

Goldragon

Fledgling Freddie
Make a NECRO for first char, what so ever .P

in 16 hours played, i got my necro from level 1-30 and 2400rps, then if you are a lucky owner of two account, pl yourself, if your not, pharm money with the necro and give your lowbie some armor and stash (its FUN to play a twinked level 24 char on camlann, at least stealthers :D)

Cept that, dont be seen, dont pk (unless you want to delete the char), kill whomever you will win against (you learn that fast enough) and kill for reward, dont chain kill or some idiots will log on their mains (me for instance :D i love having a 45+ on camlann :flame: ) And enjoy thy stay. Camlann kicks ass

voskos

Fledgling Freddie
Jox: It was really fun when requiem had 2 separate FGs out at prime time and nightwish another FG + our Rare FG... Since these 2 guilds died some weeks ago the FG vs FG on this server died as well.

And yes stealthers/soloers are at 95% unbuffed. Some rp horny lamers still use buffbots tho to f*ck up the fun for the rest of us.

B

Ballad

20 - 30 is, without a doubt, the most enjoyable part of camlann. You need to pick a good spot (my choice was goth) and start PvPing. Exp will flow at those levels. I solo PvP'd my way to 30 in a couple of days and had tremendous fun. All you need is crafted gear and a tiny bit of skill ofc ;)

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
voskos said:
Jox: It was really fun when requiem had 2 separate FGs out at prime time and nightwish another FG + our Rare FG... Since these 2 guilds died some weeks ago the FG vs FG on this server died as well.

To bad but I think also very true...

<Fear< never run as opted as any of those 4fg's you mention but we been running fg latelly and as you say it's quite dead out there when it could be real fun. If relics was removed or guilds only allowed to hold 1 each and you had 10-15 guilds that mustered ok fg's most nights it would be super fun......

Inguz/GdE/Evolved and a fwe others must have people to do it but you dont see them to much. (Not been playing supermuch myself latelly but thats the info I have at least)

crazykobby

Fledgling Freddie
voskos said:

Sorry to be slow but which 2 guilds are dead Nightwish and Rare you mean? I noticed knoly joined Evolved and you (voskos) have posted to trade money to excal from camlaan... does this mean Rare is falling down? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom