PC.....

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So decided to build my first pc.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - ATX / Intel Z77 / DDR3
Asus Intern SATA Bluray
Cooler Master PowerSupply (PSU) Silent Pro M2 1000W (if i decide to got q-fire or sli)
Corsair Intern SSD 120GB Force 3 Series SATA III 2.5"
Intel Core i5-3570K - 4 trådar / 3,4GHz (3,8GHz Turbo) / 6MB / Socket 1155 (Boxed) (77w)
Corsair Cooling Hydro H70 CORE CPU - Socket 1156 / 1155 / 1366 / 2011 / AM3 / FM1 (does not fit the cpu, so will be returned or traded with mates H60, the pc took bout 1½ hour to assemble, the cooler bit spent 3 hours trying to fit :D)
NZXT Guardian 921RB - Blue LED
Western Digital Intern HDD Caviar Green 2TB
Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 3GB Windforce 3 (GV-R797TO-3GD)

Installed WIn7 under 20 min, browsing the internet you hit enter and the page loads sure i got 100mb/s line, but never seen the speeds in origin and steam i got now while downloading..

So if anyone looking to build a system i can recommend this, 1100 euro. Seen the parts on several EU sites, but being in Sweden i choose my usual www.webhallen.com. Got a bit of a discount since ive spent about 10k euro the past 13 years.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Corsair Cooling Hydro H70 CORE CPU - Socket 1156 / 1155 / 1366 / 2011 / AM3 / FM1 (does not fit the cpu, so will be returned or traded with mates H60, the pc took bout 1½ hour to assemble, the cooler bit spent 3 hours trying to fit :D)

I found the H80 equally a pain to fit, the instructions were very bad. Luckily I found a vid on youtube and then took 10 mins. However although the temp drop was good it was bloody noisy. So bad that I eventually swapped it for a Antec Kuhler H2O 620. Similar performance and a lot quieter.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I found the H80 equally a pain to fit, the instructions were very bad. Luckily I found a vid on youtube and then took 10 mins. However although the temp drop was good it was bloody noisy. So bad that I eventually swapped it for a Antec Kuhler H2O 620. Similar performance and a lot quieter.
Might look into that one then :D

Syri

FH is my second home
Get the Arctic Cooling i30 and then crank your new 3570K up to 4.5ghz
Why? stock speeds are perfectly fine. I've got an i5 running at stock 3.4ghz, and it manages anything I've thrown at it so far. The stock cooler also keeps it running at decent temperatures. I don't really see the point of overclocking in the current PC market. Sure, when the PC was the leading games platform it did make a difference, but since most games are now made to run on 5 year old consoles, what's the point in overclocking, besides bragging rights? I'll keep a longer lasting and more stable CPU myself thanks, and still have games that look just as good, and a system that responds as quick as I could ask of it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Get a CPU cooler even if you don't overclock. Will be glad you did in the summer. They cost £15 so it's not much

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Why? stock speeds are perfectly fine. I've got an i5 running at stock 3.4ghz, and it manages anything I've thrown at it so far. The stock cooler also keeps it running at decent temperatures. I don't really see the point of overclocking in the current PC market. Sure, when the PC was the leading games platform it did make a difference, but since most games are now made to run on 5 year old consoles, what's the point in overclocking, besides bragging rights? I'll keep a longer lasting and more stable CPU myself thanks, and still have games that look just as good, and a system that responds as quick as I could ask of it.

Why? Because you can. Why bother buying a 3570k when you can buy a cheaper CPU that's still far more powerful than consoles which most games are made to run on? It's additional performance which can be obtained for a relatively small cost. As for the stability and longevity of the CPU mine runs at the same voltage as it did at stock speeds and at the same temperatures as the stock cooler manages. If it dies before I get round to upgrading it isn't going to be because of an overclock.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Fafnir said:
Nice, my brother has the same one.

Was a bastard for me to set up. Also turns out a fan is broken and I need to ring Microsoft to sort out my windows 7.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Was a bastard for me to set up. Also turns out a fan is broken and I need to ring Microsoft to sort out my windows 7.
The problem i had was to fit the gfx card, had to unplugg all connectors in the computer and remove the leads to get space for the card and my hands, but when it was in place there where no problems reconnecting. Would have been a bastard thou if i didnt have a modular psu. :) Didnt have any probs with my win 7, used the cd i got with my last comp, took a week for it to authenticate thou... And the tower fits my Ikea desk nice. :D

leggy

Probably Scottish
Can I ask why you guys only went for an i5? Not built a PC in about 10 years so I'm out of the loop with regard to processors now (other than roughly knowing the names :)).

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Because the i7 isn't always that much faster but it is more expensive.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I also don't need a beast of a machine, just want one that will run the newest games. An i5 seems to be the best for value for money. Windows 7 is sorted and overclockers are sending me a replacement fan so happy days! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom