Help PC TV Cards

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have dusted off the PS2 to play through some old final fantasy games which obviously works fine on the TV but it pisses the wife off no end as I keep hogging it. I would like to get to get it to work via my PC, I have an old MSI TV@Anywhere card which works up to a point, the picture can get a bit choppy and distorted now and again and the sound is crap.

Its got an old school RF socket so I am currently using this, the PS2 is plugged directly into the TV card.

I have managed to route the sound through my soundcard which makes it crystal clear but I can't figure out how to get the picture properly, its not unplayable just really annoying.

Does anyone have any experience with plugging a console into a PC and playing via a media player window? Preferably microsoft media centre.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Most media player stuff is a bit ropey at best - have you tried using some ubersimple vid capture stuff? Try something like Amcap.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The one I have should be a simple video capture card. I bought a PS2 S-video cable from Amazon, though it does not fit the S-video socket on the card due to a silly little plastic peg. I snapped that off and it fits, though I can only get a crystal clear black and white image. I think I will just have to get a small flat screen from Argos or something to sit next to the monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom