PC Issue

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, so basically, I was on my pc, all working fine, went downstairs for a couple minutes and returned to find my mouse and keyboard not working. Restarted the pc and now th
e monitor isn't working either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ok, so basically, I was on my pc, all working fine, went downstairs for a couple minutes and returned to find my mouse and keyboard not working. Restarted the pc and now th

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
power surge ? does it post and give you beep code ?

What bios is it so we can diagnose beep code?

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Beep code? Whats that? Lol.
I dunno what BIOS It's on tbh mate.

It seems to of started working again, but i assume it's likely to do it again.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
When the pc starts it can beep before windows starts.

1 beep usually means all is well.
Other beeps can mean the keyboard, monitor, mouse etc are not working

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I get that sometimes. But my PC is years old, so I expect shit like that. I usually find a power-off then re-start sorts out most issues.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Check the event viewer, which is a series of vital logs Windows keeps.
start > eventvwr (or start>run>eventvwr)

Under the Windows logs, you should have 5 or 6 sections including Application and System. Check under both of those around the time of the crash and see if anything looks unusual. Errors are reported with a red mark next to them and if there is any of those nearby, it could signify a problem and point you in the right direction of the cause and fix.

Unfortunately with a majority of issues like this where it just stops responding rather than crashes/bluescreens it often doesn't leave behind any useful information but it's certainly a place to start.

If you look at the above logs and can't decipher anything feel free to post them here. You can right click the log (where it says application or system) and save as a file - again feel free to upload somewhere.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
If I can just hijack this thread for a minute or two, I have an issue too if anyone can help.

My pc is 5 or 6 years old now and i recently put a new graphics card in, last week i finallly got round to putting windows 7 on and now my pc crashes overnight and the diagnostic lights indicate an unseated graphics card.
I didnt have this issue until installing win7 and ive ran tests on memory and motherboard and everything comes back fine. Also once i rebott the pc it all works fine until some time when i'm sleeping :/

Embattle

FH is my second home

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

How old is the machine?

If I can just hijack this thread for a minute or two, I have an issue too if anyone can help.

My pc is 5 or 6 years old now and i recently put a new graphics card in, last week i finallly got round to putting windows 7 on and now my pc crashes overnight and the diagnostic lights indicate an unseated graphics card.
I didnt have this issue until installing win7 and ive ran tests on memory and motherboard and everything comes back fine. Also once i rebott the pc it all works fine until some time when i'm sleeping :/

A number of graphics cards suffered issues when the system goes to sleep under windows 7, is it an Nvidia gfxs card?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I disabled sleep and hey presto everything is working as it should this morning. It's an ATI/AMD card by the way :)
Thank you for the advice

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah I suffered it with an Nvidia card for a while and disabled it until a newer driver fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom