PC hangs when exiting game

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I have the same problem with my 9600pro.
I asked hte guy from store what it could be since he used to work in the gaming-industrie...

He told me it was lousy programming cuz they need to reach there dead-line and wrap it up too fast. He told me it probably will never get fixed either coz the cmopany can't give a damn about stuff like that as long as ppl buy the game and can play it.

It started with ToA , so my guess is that something went wrong there, guess we will have to wait on catacombs till its fixed...

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
i used to get it when i played in fullscreen, now i play in windowed, i dont get it that bad, well, it hangs some times, if i been playing for a long time, then it hangs, other then that its fine for loggin now since using windowed mode
and my damn f key is stuck lol

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
i used to get it when i played in fullscreen, now i play in windowed, i dont get it that bad, well, it hangs some times, if i been playing for a long time, then it hangs, other then that its fine for loggin now since using windowed mode
and my damn f key is stuck lol

Aye i play in windowed now and havent had the problem since.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
CliffyG said:
I have quite a powerful machine and the wife isn't too shabby either..

With a little modification, we brought CliffyG's priorities up to date.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Xmi said:
This is almost certainly (99%) a bug introduced by Camelot in a recent patch, just need enough people to report it and it will hopefully get resolved... GOA are you listening ??

yep, im sure thats it, never had this problem before and it suddenly started appearing a while ago after some update.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Since I was bought another stick of ram, not noticed it happening, total amount now is 1gb.

Same system, only another 512mb added.

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
I recently tried, as was recommended by some, putting daoc in Windows NT mode. Then I started getting this problem 4 times out of 5 when quitting. Seemed more like almost always if I'd been on for several hours rather than just a quickie!

Since then I disactivated the Windows NT compatibility mode and I'm not getting this problem any more at all.

I've had 1Gb ram for ages now too - before and after the problem occured.

living

Fledgling Freddie
HerionNumenor said:
Hi

I have the same problem, and yes I am using an ATI card, here is my setup:

Pentium 4 Northwood 3.0Ghz 800Mhz Bus
Asus P4C800-E, Intel 875 chipset, motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb Gfx card
Dane-Ele 1024 DDR400 Dual Channel ram
Creative Audigy, sound card
Seagate 160Gb sATA HD.

Dunno why it does it, atm trying to get support/Right now, to help me, but dunno if they can : /
got pretty much the same spec and mine does it too, not always tho but happens alot, dosent work to log off and back on either, have to hit reset.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Lendan said:
I recently tried, as was recommended by some, putting daoc in Windows NT mode. Then I started getting this problem 4 times out of 5 when quitting. Seemed more like almost always if I'd been on for several hours rather than just a quickie!

Since then I disactivated the Windows NT compatibility mode and I'm not getting this problem any more at all.

I've had 1Gb ram for ages now too - before and after the problem occured.

Just did that yesterday and my performance ingame GREATLY increased.. came from lag in 800x600 to zero lag in 1024x768 with all graphics on.. nerf :>
Glad they fix it in 1.69

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom