PC Gaming, what we Playing?

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Not seen any threads on now playing. So with covid work from home blah blah, what we all firing up on our battle stations?

For me I'm playing some old games with my mates including the rabbit hole of Paradox games EU IV. For some mind numbingly boring crap, World of Warships.

Dabbled with Cyberpunk and I didn't think it was as bad as it's been painted but certainly room for it being a better experience.

I guess the game that snatched my attention over Xmas was Wolcen Lords of Mayhem. It came out around Feb last year and had quite a huge following but dropped off pretty quick as due to all sorts of bug fixes. I pulled the trigger and got it over Xmas and it's quite a decent A-RPG especially in single player. If you like games like Diablo, Grim Dawn etc it might be worth a punt.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA7z3S1-Xvw&t=630s&ab_channel=Rhykker

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Xcom 2, DAOC (though not a lot atm) and lots of Civ6

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Any good? Was reading about it the other day... looks like Diablo?
It is. I played it for a while. I hate these season things that you make a grind a char then kit it out only to have it made usless by the gear in the new season so you do it all again.

just completed story of ac valhalla, playing immortals fenyx thing. I just like solving the puzzles and all. Its easyish but my heads not on hardcore fps atm.

will get 2077 some time after. I want it on steam but gog launcher u can get it for half price. So struggling with that mind set.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
How is Valhalla? I got it on release day but found it a bit sluggish so put it down until patched and forgot about it.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
It is. I played it for a while. I hate these season things that you make a grind a char then kit it out only to have it made usless by the gear in the new season so you do it all again.

just completed story of ac valhalla, playing immortals fenyx thing. I just like solving the puzzles and all. Its easyish but my heads not on hardcore fps atm.

will get 2077 some time after. I want it on steam but gog launcher u can get it for half price. So struggling with that mind set.

Think all the $$$ Goto CD Project Red via GOG. Could be wrong

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Any good? Was reading about it the other day... looks like Diablo?

PoE is much more complex than Diablo and feels more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 did. It's basically where Blizzard is stealing ideas from for Diablo 4.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How is Valhalla? I got it on release day but found it a bit sluggish so put it down until patched and forgot about it.
Valhalla is good but you have to put time in it. Took 100 hours to complete the story and i got loads of other stuff to do should i feel the need to go back. Much more story driven than the previous ones and with the area not as large it felt much better than odyssey

Ono

Part of the furniture
I've been playing Valorant

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weOrw7xiBFM

Yup - we've been on most nights together.

Game feels so much better than CSGO in gunplay and we don't take it too seriously. Mainly because we are both shit. But still enjoy it. T-bagging etc.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Valorant looks quite good. I tried Rogue Company on Epic and that was a pretty dull boring affair.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Do you need to grind a few levels to be able to play Valorant properly or is everything available from the start?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Do you need to grind a few levels to be able to play Valorant properly or is everything available from the start?

Everything is pretty much available.
You have to grind to unlock other Agents/Characters. It doesnt take long to unlock them though.

It takes long to get items such as graffiti sprays or a gun skin.

Ono

Part of the furniture
If you want to join us Wijmeister - just let us know and we can add you and get you on Discord.

As long as you have played CSGO before you will feel at home.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Well I opened the Rabbit Hole of Death Stranding last night and I have to say it is an extremely unusual gaming experience. I am probably only just scratching the surface having done the intro and act 1.

As a visual experience it is well just stunning, cannot fault it. The world feels massive and lonely which I am guessing is what Kojima want's to portray. As a gaming experience the first hour or so is hugely frustrating. There is a LOT of cut scene's, it feels like being in an interactive movie. The game play is also awkward as there is a dynamic to keep moving the cargo on your back from left to right, right to left.

Saying that there are some hooks and I will throw some more time into it. I can't say it is bad, it's just unusual it almost feels that it's trying to ram a really visceral cerebral experience down your throat.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well I opened the Rabbit Hole of Death Stranding last night and I have to say it is an extremely unusual gaming experience. I am probably only just scratching the surface having done the intro and act 1.

As a visual experience it is well just stunning, cannot fault it. The world feels massive and lonely which I am guessing is what Kojima want's to portray. As a gaming experience the first hour or so is hugely frustrating. There is a LOT of cut scene's, it feels like being in an interactive movie. The game play is also awkward as there is a dynamic to keep moving the cargo on your back from left to right, right to left.

Saying that there are some hooks and I will throw some more time into it. I can't say it is bad, it's just unusual it almost feels that it's trying to ram a really visceral cerebral experience down your throat.
Tis how i found it

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
PUBG, Hearthstone, Town of Salem

I'm a normie :(

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Playing me some Breath of the Wild at the moment. Enjoying it apart from anything that gets me stuck - have to cheat through those bits.

Well I opened the Rabbit Hole of Death Stranding last night and I have to say it is an extremely unusual gaming experience. I am probably only just scratching the surface having done the intro and act 1....

Yeah i agree.

The story confused me a bit. Wish there was a rewind button for the cutscenes (i suppose they'll be on Youtube thinking about it).

The sound track for it is nice.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Started cp 2077 last night. Default setup gives me 20fps. Ouch that hurt my eyes. Got a 1080. Now i have to go through and find settings that dont make it look entirely shite cause i cant get a 3080 :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Gears Of War Tactics took up quite a bit of time along with finally giving Monster Hunter World a go. Then gave Dauntless a go.

PoE, Destiny 2 and The Division 2 are my usual go to games if nothing else takes my fancy but have not played those for 6 months.

Have CP 2077 but not played it yet. Also have The New World and Outriders on pre order ready to go.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Gears Of War Tactics took up quite a bit of time along with finally giving Monster Hunter World a go. Then gave Dauntless a go.

PoE, Destiny 2 and The Division 2 are my usual go to games if nothing else takes my fancy but have not played those for 6 months.

Have CP 2077 but not played it yet. Also have The New World and Outriders on pre order ready to go.

Wasteland 3 is good if you liked gears tactics and it's on the Xbox pass, if you haven't used a free trial for it yet :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Kingdom come deliverance. While waiting for gpu availability before i play cp 2077

Ono

Part of the furniture
Erm, Valorant. Maybe a bit of CSGO now and then.

Going to buy the new Ghosts & Goblins remake and have a go at that this week.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Playing my way through days gone. Liking it so far about 20 hours in

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Playing my way through days gone. Liking it so far about 20 hours in
Completed days gone. Great game. only killed 3 hoards but they were pretty intense. donno why it didnt get liked more on ps. .

biomutant started now

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Stomping my way through Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries and the newly released DLC, highly recommend it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Completed days gone. Great game. only killed 3 hoards but they were pretty intense. donno why it didnt get liked more on ps. .

biomutant started now

Days Gone good then? I got it when it was free on the monthly games thing, haven't had a chance to play it yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom