PC Cases

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Guys,

Looking for a new case (gonna build my daughter a PC for herself) and need a case.

Whether for myself and she gets my old one, or one specifically for her.

I was checking ebay for some bargains and came across :

Terra Byte Viper

RaidMax Cobra

Terra Byte Lite

these are a few of the ones - any comments.

Not looking for any thing really special - not a "looks" person. Would rather spend more on the internals rather than making it look good.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I like the last one out of all of those. It doesn't matter about looks though, so any cheap one should do. Beware of getting cheap tat though, as the insides can be pretty sharp and you can cut yourself if you aren't paying attention.

If you want to save yourself the bother, have you tried looking at a pre-made machine? Dell did just the boxes for under £200 and there are some cheap ones on OcUK.

Kind Regards,

Jonty

;)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry Clown that infringes my copyright, I'm going to have to sue ;)

As for cases, Laz, I'm not honestly sure what to suggest beyond the basics. Naturally, if the case comes with a PSU ensure it's suitable for usage in the UK and of an adequate spec. Also, as Clown says, cheap tat can be problem if it has hinged doors and the like which may break over time. Also, note the postage costs which may be high given the size and weight of the item. Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest, sorry!

Kind Regards

Jonty

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
no worries - appreciate the feedback.

Only person who will be messing about inside will be me. AS for the postage costs - max is £9.99.

Considered the option of buying the whole thing, but I have bits and pieces here and I aim to build her a new PC for under £100

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think I'd be brave enough to use a PSU which came with a £10 case! imho the quality of a PSU should be taken seriously.

Maplins have a pretty large selection of cases, worth checking out if you have one local to you.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I built a pc for my son recently, from the stuff out of mine, an XP3000+ and a 9800pro amongst other things, and I bought a Jeantech case from the local pc world (ew) for about £25.00.
It looks ok (who cares anyway) , but more importantly has a huge amount of space inside and a nice fitting for 2 exhaust fans directly beside the CPU.
A nice case I think, and good value for money considering I had to buy it from them :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I still plan to shove my PC underneath the floorboards at some point. PC cases are just fecking ugly, all of them.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
There're some nice cases about, I liked the Coolermaster Stacker enough to buy one:

image_02.jpg

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Ive built 2 pcs using PC WORLDS JeanTech Phong case. Its cheap and the design is very good imo. You have to buy a PSU for it but it has a filtered intake at the front with 120mm fans fore and aft so its not too noisy.
The front fan cools the HD bay that can take up to 5 HDs (from memory).
It got some good reviews in a couple of mags.

It has a funnel on the side panel that basically vents the cpu fan exhaust out of the case. Now thats not bad at all and was well thought out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom