pc bootings issues

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
it works, when its on, most of the time
but it takes ages to turn on, power button wont register, have to turn it on and off at the mains a few times, hold in the power button, pray, and eventually it turns on.

any thoughts ?
power supply, or is the case/button/inside lead likely to be knackered ?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Clear the CMOS, that may help you dirty wolf! ;)

You overclocking? What power supply do you have, and what the specs for your system? Over time they lose efficiency (normally due to the capacitors degrading), so it may no longer be able to supply enough power for the peak draw of all our components on cold boot.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Mabs

Can you consistently restart using the start menu? Also, when you say it takes a long time to boot, do you mean it takes a long time to physically switch on, or a long time to startup once powered on? If you can restart okay, and the boot process is okay, then maybe it's just the power button (it's happened to me in the past). Try opening the case and having a gander.

If the boot process is taking a long time, or restarting without the power button doesn't always work, then perhaps the power supply needs looking at. As inactionman says, your BIOS settings, and any overclocking, may also cause problems. However, start with the simple things first (e.g. the power button), test one possible cause at a time, and progress from there.

Kind regards

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
mean it takes lots of power on/off and "ON" button pushing and eventually it just boots

its not mega speced, 500w PSU, all reasonably new, so er dunno really :(

taking it into a man on monday so he can poke it, its an old case so getting that replaced anyway, hopefully in doing so it will fix itself,

cheers for input :)

damien11

Fledgling Freddie
Do you think it is a ram issue? I had a similar problem with my old pc not starting up, turns out all my ram somehow fried up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom