Pbuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dook_Pug

I know I'm not the only one who has noticed something seriously dodgy about him.

Yes, I've been getting owned almost constantly by this guy and I am convinced he is doing something illegal to gain the upperhand in battles.

On more occasions than I can count I've seen him lag cast down hills and I can't count how many times I've been nuked by him, only to /face and try to QC stun only to get "Target is too far away" with him STILL casting at me.

Yesterday at AMG he continuously lag cast infront of more than 10 Hibs. During that battle, an E&E even alerted to us to the fact that he was doing it.

He also seems to be able to run a hell of alot faster than most people. Somethign that was commented on by the GM of NP in IRC.

His 'friends' always put it down to lag, but this 'lag' is a little too coincidental for my liking.

Your thoughts, please?

O

Oldbone O

Burn him alive I say1!!11

btw who is this guy Cbuck?

B

Brannor McThife

I wiil say, that I have noticed a LOT of lag-ghosting since SI release. Today I had an enemy player warp 20 feet out of a keep and axe my pet in melee.

I have watched PBuck, as I've watched Walker, and I honestly can't say one way or the other. I've seen lots of people lag ghost when casting, and I do know that PBuck and Walker have extremely low cast times when buffed.

As for moving fast? Dunno, not seen anything like that happen, as most times I went up against them I was dead before I got the chance to check. :p

-G

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by old.GeForce
Theurgy speed maybe? :)

I was sprinting with Bard speed so I could put my pet on him and get down to PBAoEing and he ran faster than me. :x

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by Dook_Pug
I was sprinting with Bard speed so I could put my pet on him and get down to PBAoEing and he ran faster than me. :x

prehaps a mincer used SoS?

D

Dook_Pug

SoS = 200% speed.
Speed 5 = 203% speed IIRC.

+ me sprinting.

It's no small feat to outrun me then. He literally seemed to spring off. Oh, he ran behind a tree and was casting at my group members after this incident, I targetted him, /face, tried to nuke...

...lo and behold, "Too far away".

O

old.GeForce

if what your saying is true, theres something dodgy there.

D

Dook_Pug

The thing is, this doesn't happen all the time so there is the chance that it is just coincidental lag.

And there really isn't anything I can do to prove he is cheating, maybe he's not.

I just think something -very- dodgy is going on. :|

D

Dioz

Pbuck is a DAMN GOOD player and many of us would love to have his skill!!!

we have about 30 ppl playin daoc from our net cafe ...ask them
about Pbuck's skill

Vermillon,Toxii,Purificator,Soz,Shorti,Phreakz,Rambo,Bullveye,Nerion,Sheridans,Booerx,Tasos,Sousi,Pazuzu,Evita,Dedalos,Ruud,Havocas,Deedrah,Teoz,Solarflare,Warlock and many others r playin from the same LAN.....
r u sayin we r all doing this?

oh btw Pbuck just trained his new RA.....the bip bip coyote RA.
Really good RA imo.

M8 i think u r a great guy and personally i have nothing against you, but plz give us a break!!!....this is ''lol'' u r talking about!!!

i wish one day u could visit Greece and our LAN and look Pbuck playing in RL......and dare to speak to him while he is in hot action .....oh man!!!....u would regreat the moment u decided to open your mouth!!!

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Dioz

about Pbuck's skill

I'm sorry, but being able to run faster than normal people and being continuously out of view or too far away while still being able to cast at me aren't 'skills' you pick up from being experienced.

Vermillon,Toxii,Purificator,Soz,Shorti,Phreakz,Rambo,Bullveye,Nerion,Sheridans,Booerx,Tasos,Sousi,Pa
zuzu,Evita,Dedalos,Ruud,Havocas,Deedrah,Teoz,Solarflare,Warlock and many others r playin from the same LAN.....

Who said anything about you all doing this? Nobody? Ah.

O

old.mattshanes

I have seen the same hibs lag and mids,might not be their fault so it doesn't really bother me much.

A

Artemls

Originally posted by Dioz

about Pbuck's skill

Vermillon,Toxii,Purificator,Soz,Shorti,Phreakz,Rambo,Bullveye,Nerion,Sheridans,Booerx,Tasos,Sousi,Pazuzu,Evita,Dedalos,Ruud,Havocas,Deedrah,Teoz,Solarflare,Warlock and many others r playin from the same LAN.....

oh btw Pbuck just trained his new RA.....the bip bip coyote RA.
Really good RA imo.

M8 i think u r a great guy and personally i have nothing against you, but plz give us a break!!!....this is ''lol'' u r talking about!!!

i wish one day u could visit Greece and our LAN and look Pbuck playing in RL......and dare to speak to him while he is in hot action .....oh man!!!....u would regreat the moment u decided to open your mouth!!!

Give me the address then pls, going to Greece in a few weeks. I be happy to talk to Pbuck.

I

ImLestat

Well just report time/date and other needed data to RightNow. I'm sure they can pull up some logs to see if there really is something fishy going on. If he really is using a speedhack it should be quite easy to see in those logs I think.

C

Cadire

I've heard of the people able to speed, but never seen it until tonight.

I was running with Healer speed, when I was overtaken by a very low level Bonedancer. They were alone, and weirdest of all, their feet were walking at normal speed. They ran (walked) across the bridge at Aer, and up into the town... leaving me far behind.

D

Donlo

:m00: :m00:

You could be right, or you could look at the fantastic groups pbuck sets up around him on a constant basis, having pretty much everyone with ranged attacks #At Least him+wind theurg/fire wiz btw# constantly assisting his attack, 2 cleric s a minimum, and usually and often some daft minstrel who is trigger happy with SoS #Cough#

Benefit of the doubt i think can be given here, just unlucky with the lag in my most humble of opinion.

Love the #Someone else commented on it so there MUST be something wrong# attitude.

Ho hum, nasty wind nukes comming your way soon i spose :clap:

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Donlo
:m00: :m00:

You could be right, or you could look at the fantastic groups pbuck sets up around him on a constant basis, having pretty much everyone with ranged attacks #At Least him+wind theurg/fire wiz btw# constantly assisting his attack, 2 cleric s a minimum, and usually and often some daft minstrel who is trigger happy with SoS #Cough#

Benefit of the doubt i think can be given here, just unlucky with the lag in my most humble of opinion.

Love the #Someone else commented on it so there MUST be something wrong# attitude.

Ho hum, nasty wind nukes comming your way soon i spose :clap:

Well, first off...

I don't see how having a good group can cause his DD range to be so much greater than mine, and I also don't understand how it could cause him to outrun me so easily.

I mentioned someone else commented on it to back up a point, not once did I say "Someone else has also seen it so it must be true". Putting words in my mouth won't help anything here, especially since all can read what is said.

So anyway, did you have a relevant comment or did it get lost somewhere along the way? :)

D

Donlo

Its late, im abit worse for wear, and sticking up for a mate, there could be some sort of reason there, i dunno :(

You seem to have allready mind up about bucky, so not out to have an argument and such, just posting my views.

Yes, I've been getting owned almost constantly by this guy and I am convinced he is doing something illegal to gain the upperhand in battles.

^^ That was my reason for putting in about the good group bit, shoot me down when im trying to explain why doncha :)

Z

zapzap

Is the Trick

Finnally got a caster so I can use it also who needs purge and moc :p

walker is still the master of it but I try to run daoc with g-force 2 64 rams use IRC 2 buff bots and play 3 movies and Iam getting close to it :p

Careless
Zapsis
Zapsi

D

Demonblade

Been in a few groups with Pbuck, if he is using a speed hack would the group not notice? He was leading our group in emain the toher ngiht and i'll testify he is a damned good player. We were pwning left right and centre because he's so fast on his keyboard. BUT we did die more than once. I think with the amount he plays, and the good groups he sets up, if he was cheating or doing sumin dodgy then Albs would start to notice. After all he's a theurg he cant go out there alone <grins>

Oh and wot Donlo said is right. 2 clerics 2 minstrels and Pbuck constantly checking to see if boF and SoS are up. hehe. The guy just knows how to play the game i think. We've all been lagged out by enemy realms. Hibs always appear from nowhere, bards mezz us from seeming miles away. Just the way things are

P

pudzy

Aye hes a fucker alright dook, when he kills me, strangely hes killed by my shadowblade within 30mins later :m00:

S

shortarse

hmmm sm1 make a whine threat about me plzzzzzzzzzz :( i feel neglected ;(

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by shortarse
hmmm sm1 make a whine threat about me plzzzzzzzzzz :( i feel neglected ;(

And me :( noone hates me <sniff>

M

Makwaerk

Very high run speed can bee achived by hack... hate a m8 playing a another game using a speed hack, when I logged into DaoC I was running like hell (was bugged on horse though, they ran like hell then stopped and waited for a while)

C

cHodAX

Pbuck is legit end of story, the guy was butchering Mids months before SI came to Europe. Hell he was over the 1.5mill realm points mark before new year and no one complained. He has made a further 1.3 million in the 3.5 months since then, any lag is on his behalf is being caused by his connection or his ISP. Lets not start a witch hunt against good players just because they lag occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom