[INFO] Patch v1.02

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Additional Patch Notes

Our Development Team has been made a number of fixes and additions to Game Update 1.0.2 to resolve some recently identified issues and to improve game experience. These notes will also be incorporated into the existing 1.0.2 notes.

General Changes and Bug Fixes

• Guild Recall Scrolls have been fixed so they can be purchased and used correctly by guild members of a Guild Rank 17 Guild. This fixes an issue where the scrolls were potentially being purchased ahead of time and could not be used until Guild Rank 17.
  • Addressed an issue which was causing the servers to crash.
  • Fixed an issue in which graphics settings sometimes did not save properly.

Realm vs. Realm

• Players will no longer erroneously receive the "Bolster" buff when entering the Destruction war camp in the Chaos Wastes.

Crafting

• One of the things we’ve been hearing from players is that our Talisman making system was a bit more time-consuming than we wanted it to be. So, in an effort to make Talisman making more accessible to lower/mid-range crafters, our Items team changed Gold Essence (originally a product of Apothecary) to Gold Dust and added Gold Dust to crafting merchants to eliminate the need for a third crafter to level their skills. Unfortunately, this change was released slightly ahead of schedule and Gold Dust had no sell price. Rather than change everybody’s character, we decided to leave the change live. However, in order to avoid an impact on our economy, we have made it so that Gold Dust, that had been purchased prior to server restart cannot be sold but it can still be used. This item can still be traded. So, since Gold Dust could previously be bought for no cost, well, you haven’t lost anything.
  • Players who previously had Gold Essence will notice that it has been converted to Gold Dust, which can be used in all recipes that previously required Gold Essence.
  • As a result of this change, Goldweed, which had previously been an ingredient used to create gold dust, has now been converted to a stabilizer for Apothecary. This is a boon to Cultivators, who could not previously create a stabilizer and it will help make tie Cultivation and Apothecary more tightly together.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
THANK FUCK they are fixing the 'graphics not saving' problem!

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see a graphics fix for the Sorc's. Alot of times when I use Pit of Souls the graphics for the spells wraps around me and the mobs/players I'm sending to their dahooom! But then it stays there. This big pink and purple puddle of death surrounding me wherever I go. Until I logout, zone or die. However I've been told by my group mates that sometimes they can see it when I can't. Meaning that the bug is not limited to the caster. I really hope they fix this soon. Really does my nut in.

And as a personal request. Please reduce the damage from backlash @100 DM. Or give me exp/rp for killing myself. Oh and of course add the entry to my Tome for how many Dark Elves I've killed :drink:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would like to see a graphics fix for the Sorc's. Alot of times when I use Pit of Souls the graphics for the spells wraps around me and the mobs/players I'm sending to their dahooom! But then it stays there. This big pink and purple puddle of death surrounding me wherever I go. Until I logout, zone or die. However I've been told by my group mates that sometimes they can see it when I can't. Meaning that the bug is not limited to the caster. I really hope they fix this soon. Really does my nut in.

And as a personal request. Please reduce the damage from backlash @100 DM. Or give me exp/rp for killing myself. Oh and of course add the entry to my Tome for how many Dark Elves I've killed :drink:

Is that like a bunch of rocks appearing around the target? If so I have been getting that graphic stuck on my character in PvE until I zone or relog... annoying.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Is that like a bunch of rocks appearing around the target? If so I have been getting that graphic stuck on my character in PvE until I zone or relog... annoying.

The bunch of rocks is a root cast by some mobs as well as players and that can stick as well. But the Sorc bug is more like a huge purple pool which in scenarios says kill me please and in pve stops you being able to see quests items on the floor. Drives me mad and was reported during the closed Beta - thankfully I group with a Shaman all the time and so if it's a huge pain I just suicide to get rid of it - there's a title for being rezzed :)

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
So, regarding the GOA news section on this - why does it end part way through the list of 'Highlights'?

Specifically, the final lines are :

"Edit that file with Notepad or Wordpad (double clicking on it will usually result in Internet Explorer showing the file and it will not be editable)
Find the line that says, "

And that's it!

Now I suspect they tried pasting all the text into their webpage, and the glorious Flash pile of..... that they are using hit a character limit, but that's just a guess, of course.

Any chance we can get the rest of the text on a page we can read? Apart from the US Mythic one, of course... :p

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
The bunch of rocks is a root cast by some mobs as well as players and that can stick as well. But the Sorc bug is more like a huge purple pool which in scenarios says kill me please and in pve stops you being able to see quests items on the floor. Drives me mad and was reported during the closed Beta - thankfully I group with a Shaman all the time and so if it's a huge pain I just suicide to get rid of it - there's a title for being rezzed :)

Yeah ... looks like all these animations can get stuck on ya ... also been reporting it and hope for a fix soonish.

Mumia

Fledgling Freddie
What game are they talking about?

This is a boon to Cultivators, who could not previously create a stabilizer and it will help make tie Cultivation and Apothecary more tightly together.
:lol:

Exsqueeze me?
Cultivators can produce very nice stabilizers, if they use soil/watercans/fertilizers and is at lvl 100+, so this is totally bullfertilizer.
What will be next? cultivators not being able to make pigments?
This is a major change to the economic system, and has not been warned or even talked about, further, all the containers and quicksilver apothecary makers had in the bank is now "no icon set" and is not even sellable for the price it was bought for.:(
So, again very bad handling of paying players and game mechanics not even fully tested yet.......

"The chat will now not return to standard setting...."
Yes, it still does........ ( 2'th time they have announced that fix )

And as a sorc I still backlash 8 out of 10 times, and still only crit 2 out of 10 times, when running on full dark magic, would be nice if that got fixed to the 50% on both they claim in the tooltip. ( or at least fix the error on my client, as it seems noone else has this problem....):(

Rest of the patch : perfect ( if it works )

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you on the "oups we forgot to write that in the patch notes" changes we still havent found.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
So, regarding the GOA news section on this - why does it end part way through the list of 'Highlights'?
<snip>

Any chance we can get the rest of the text on a page we can read? Apart from the US Mythic one, of course... :p

GOA seem to be watching and listening, or proofreading - just noticed today they have split the patch notes in two, so you can read the initial bit and use the link to get to all the rest, without going anywhere but the GOA site :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom