[INFO] Patch v1.02

97PercentBeef

Fledgling Freddie
While in scenarios, players will no longer be able to select "Need" in their loot windows unless their career or race can use the item being offered. Please note: players of a lower level than required by the item are still able to roll.

best fix yet, no more pesky loothorny kids\o/

Great change - I'd like to see this as a global change though, PQs seem full of really Needy people.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Anyone know what the Alliance limit is? I've seen mention of '10', but not found anything official on this. Am really hoping its not 10. 20 guilds in DAoC was cripplingly low at times.

EDIT: And oh yeh, a very welcome patch :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Which classes did you have in mind and why nerf them?

DOK for sure and why?

Well i am a level 20 white lion and earlier a lvl 14 DOK wiped the floor with me his heals just mitigated my damage to the point where i just stood there and let him kill me in the end.

Not the first time this has happened either.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
DOK for sure and why?

Well i am a level 20 white lion and earlier a lvl 14 DOK wiped the floor with me his heals just mitigated my damage to the point where i just stood there and let him kill me in the end.

dok are overpowered, but not for the 'omg one killed me' reasons you give

and also, viewing class balence at anything but 40 is stupid

pikeh

Resident Freddy
DOK for sure and why?

Aye it would be overpowered....if the game was balanced for 1v1 combat.
In large group play there are classes that do DPS much much better, and there are better healers.
When your slowly chopping HP off a DoK, they can easily negate it with their HoT ofc.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aye it would be overpowered....if the game was balanced for 1v1 combat.
In large group play there are classes that do DPS much much better, and there are better healers.
When your slowly chopping HP off a DoK, they can easily negate it with their HoT ofc.

Even in group combat DOK are overpowered they are always the last ones to die and the second they are damaged they go into heal mode and bam full health and back to DPS while gaining the stuff they need to heal.

Something is wrong with a class when they can heal like this and do very good DPS like the DOK does.

I see people saying the DOK DPS isn't that great well i think it is TOO good for a class that can heal.

Incase some of the dougnuts on this forum didn't notice i was 6 levels higher then the DOK and you are telling me i shouldn't be able to kill him?

:lol:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Even in group combat DOK are overpowered they are always the last ones to die and the second they are damaged they go into heal mode and bam full health and back to DPS while gaining the stuff they need to heal.

Something is wrong with a class when they can heal like this and do very good DPS like the DOK does.

I see people saying the DOK DPS isn't that great well i think it is TOO good for a class that can heal.

Incase some of the dougnuts on this forum didn't notice i was 6 levels higher then the DOK and you are telling me i shouldn't be able to kill him?

I'm sorry but you must be in some pretty shit groups if you can't kill a DoK, who can die from a well played burst WH.

Well, certainly in T3 they even out a lot more.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

You were only 2 levels higher, not 6.

Aada

Part of the furniture
You were only 2 levels higher, not 6.

I'm lvl 20 he was lvl 14 get those chubby fingers of yours and start counting.

No this was not in an RVR area it was in Pheniox Gate Scenario and we both just happened to be going round the back and had a fight.

Soazak

Part of the furniture

No this was not in an RVR area it was in Pheniox Gate Scenario and we both just happened to be going round the back and had a fight.

Scenarios just happen to be rvr areas :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy

he got the bolster buff to the effective level of 18.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't give too much about DPS comparisons for now.

The game is so laggy and so full of shit often to me, that you get melee spiked and you wonder from where.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Scenarios are scenarios RVR areas are zones in the world that you walk into.

Bolster buff in RvR areas, including scenarios, stop being a **** and start reading what people write, and if you don't know what bolster is, just don't write anything about war at all :<

When in a RvR area or scenario you get the bolster buff up to a certain lvl, in T2 it's 18, so he was effectively playing as a lvl 18, therefor 2 levels below you, not 6.

Seriously...way to make yourself look stupid.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Scenarios are scenarios RVR areas are zones in the world that you walk into.

Scenarios are areas, that happen to have RvR combat enabled. :)

Lets not be pedantic now.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bolster buff in RvR areas, including scenarios, stop being a **** and start reading what people write, and if you don't know what bolster is, just don't write anything about war at all :<

When in a RvR area or scenario you get the bolster buff up to a certain lvl, in T2 it's 18, so he was effectively playing as a lvl 18, therefor 2 levels below you, not 6.

Seriously...way to make yourself look stupid.

To play the know-it-all-game: he didn't have level 18 equipment nor the new spells up to level 18, nor the human experience from playing up to level 18, so he was NOT effectively playing as a level 18.

I got busted by a Squig Herder today, he was 30, me 21 on Archmage, I had no chance whatsoever to even outheal his damage and I think it would be a bit different when I would have been real 28.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
To play the know-it-all-game: he didn't have level 18 equipment nor the new spells up to level 18, nor the human experience from playing up to level 18, so he was NOT effectively playing as a level 18.

I got busted by a Squig Herder today, he was 30, me 21 on Archmage, I had no chance whatsoever to even outheal his damage and I think it would be a bit different when I would have been real 28.

He was using the abilities he did use at the effective level of 18, he obviously didn't need any of the ones he missed.

You can't know what "human experience" he had, maybe he played DoK up to lvl 40 in closed beta, and besides you learn at different speeds, and there's less to have learned at lvl 14 than 18, so that's not an argument but at best an assumption.

So he did effectively play as a lvl 18, in that everything he did do, was calculated at a base level of 18.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
and also, viewing class balence at anything but 40 is stupid

and why is that stupid? so just because we are still leveling up the game doesn't have to be balanced?

its just as important for the classes to be balance from lvl 1 to -1 from cap as it is to be balance AT cap. and even more so in WAR as you can pvp (and are encouraged to do so) from lvl 1.

healers in general are pretty retarded atm, not so much because of their killing power, because really, they dont have much of that. but because of their ability to heal more then pretty much ANY dps class can dish out, and if they have even half a head, can do so indefinately while DPS have to rely on action point regeneration to sustain their DPS, a healer just have to throw a HoT or 2 and wait for their AP to regen, or as a WP/DoK, whack at something a few times..

i ended up rerolling as a squig herder and abandon my Chosen/Marauder/BO because as a SH, atleast those retarded healers cant grind me to death 1v1 if i dont want them to. i'l just punt them away and run.

but this might all change when the interrupt system actually WORKS. because right now it sure as hell isn't. 2 second castable heals/spells/bow abilities still takes 2 seconds to cast no matter how many ppl are pounding on me and my cast bar gets pushed back.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yes he was, his spells, stats and armor level all gets boosted up to the level the boost buffs you up to. so just because he didnt have the few other spells doesent mean he isnt effectively lvl 18 in scenarios.

you dont see it on the character stats screen but they are.

had a 1v1 versus a true lvl 18 ironbreaker on my BO when i was lvl 12 he won with just under 5% health left. and as far as i could tell he used whatever he had at the right time. the only thing that made him win was that he used that 100% chance to block for 7 seconds skill and i didnt.

the only thing that ISNT getting buffed is the white hits from the melee/bow/gun weapons. THAT dps is still your true levels DPS.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
and why is that stupid? so just because we are still leveling up the game doesn't have to be balanced?

its just as important for the classes to be balance from lvl 1 to -1 from cap as it is to be balance AT cap. and even more so in WAR as you can pvp (and are encouraged to do so) from lvl 1.

healers in general are pretty retarded atm, not so much because of their killing power, because really, they dont have much of that. but because of their ability to heal more then pretty much ANY dps class can dish out, and if they have even half a head, can do so indefinately while DPS have to rely on action point regeneration to sustain their DPS, a healer just have to throw a HoT or 2 and wait for their AP to regen, or as a WP/DoK, whack at something a few times..

i ended up rerolling as a squig herder and abandon my Chosen/Marauder/BO because as a SH, atleast those retarded healers cant grind me to death 1v1 if i dont want them to. i'l just punt them away and run.

but this might all change when the interrupt system actually WORKS. because right now it sure as hell isn't. 2 second castable heals/spells/bow abilities still takes 2 seconds to cast no matter how many ppl are pounding on me and my cast bar gets pushed back.

The interupt system works fine, the 3s cast takes forever if pushed back, and most of the healing comes from hots, it's easy to out damage heals if you're working as a team

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
He was using the abilities he did use at the effective level of 18, he obviously didn't need any of the ones he missed.

You can't know what "human experience" he had, maybe he played DoK up to lvl 40 in closed beta, and besides you learn at different speeds, and there's less to have learned at lvl 14 than 18, so that's not an argument but at best an assumption.

So he did effectively play as a lvl 18, in that everything he did do, was calculated at a base level of 18.

Don't dig yourself into a deeper hole than you are already, if you go around and write about making oneself look stupid if you haven't even checked how the spells scale, they don't scale just up to level 18, some do, some stop before (check the description). You could also check out the meaning of effectively, alone the amount of spells/abilities a level 18 has over a level 10 (minimum level to enter tier 2 scenario afaik) makes a HUGE difference.

So here goes your effectiveness: POOF! Add the better equipment stats from real bolster-level-players instead of bolstered ones and we go again: DOUBLE-POOF!

I am by no means of friend of Aada, but if you want to sound smart do it right please. By your logic, 12 level 1 players would have a chance against 12 level 8 players. That might be the case when the 12 level 1s are played by 12 Edlinas and the 12 level 8s played by Aadas, but it still would be utopian.

Bolstering is a boost, not bringing on par to level 8, 18, 28, 38.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

I will not comment on your stuff regarding the bolstering, as I did it in my other two posts in response to Edlina.

On damage vs. healing, as witnessed by others (e.g. Andrilyn) you can't heal the damage done at higher levels/tiers.

2 assisting DPS classes will fuck you up as a healer in no time, regardless of if you get support heals or not.

I died to a Squig Herder today in Tier 3 on my Archmage, he just trashed me badly with your supposedly super bolstering, that wouldn't have happened in Tier 1/2.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie

aw poor you...and what about chain cc?tanks rooted to the spot unable to move and nuked down by BW's 5-6lvl's lower, are you telling me we shouldn't be able to kill them?i asked this..i too forgot about the bolster buff.Why would they give the boost if it did nothing?seems kinda pointless don't ya think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom