Patch notes?

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Hold your horses the pally love patch aint much loving to be honest.

The celerity chant cant be casted in combat (but will work if u cast it before entering). The celerity chant is not twistable, it will cost 15% pow each time you press it. And with a range of 350 it wll only be an option for 2H pallys.

The magic abla - value of 40 (noone will spec 50 chant) every 8 sec. Hmm under 8 secs I will get nuked by 3000-4000 HP.

The end range increase is very nice and the better rezz to, but the rest is not fixing the main problems with the class: double speccing, autotraining, twisting and piety as 2nd stat.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:
and all BM's need is higher DPS, chain armour, spec AF, highlander race, and a good anytime, not to mention dmg add. Grass is always greener on the other side konah :p. BM dmg is way behind mercs in general.

and zerks are behind both in grp performance :p

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Megalodon said:
Hold your horses the pally love patch aint much loving to be honest.

The celerity chant cant be casted in combat (but will work if u cast it before entering). The celerity chant is not twistable, it will cost 15% pow each time you press it. And with a range of 350 it wll only be an option for 2H pallys.

The magic abla - value of 40 (noone will spec 50 chant) every 8 sec. Hmm under 8 secs I will get nuked by 3000-4000 HP.

The end range increase is very nice and the better rezz to, but the rest is not fixing the main problems with the class: double speccing, autotraining, twisting and piety as 2nd stat.

celerity: if solo, slam. come out of combat run behind in position to use back slash, turn on ze celerity and open a can of baked beans on them

magic ablat: i guess it can be kinda nice vs leg weapons in the long run of a fight, prolly absorbin 400 or so dmg in total (IF it works vs leg weaps)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Right, so no sooner do they improve heavy tanks then they make armsmen obsolete again for pallies.

Then they give mids another Charges class

Then they add another bloody disease/ easymode kiter class.

Sooo much fun to be a tank.

Whine whine moan moan...omg this is unlike you Kagato!

:puke:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Agree with Eggy tbh. Both Valkyries and VW's needed a boost and none of them make heavy tanks obsolete in any way. Same goes for pallies, they will not kick back friars to where they came from, it's just that Alb is more open to different combos now ( still not as nice as Hib/Mid imho, but an opted team has more abilities at hand in alb ).

So what, do you think charge on Valks is OP'd? What does it serve if their damage doesn't come close to a Warr/Zerk? You think disease is OP'd on VW? Well I'll tell you something, while he casts disease, he can't deliver his huge 2h blows. You think magic ablative is OP'd on Valkyrie? I say it's a medium deal for trading in melee dmg ( the ablative is not really high value and the best specs don't include 50 odin imo ).

And really.....calling VW easymode is....I can't find the words. You've played armsman for years now with partially sub-par abilities ( and I say partially cause I still say that Armsman is a devastating soloing char, which is what you use it for ). Now you get a boost and you're happy, but you whine on Valkyries and Valewalkers getting the long deserved love? The class is like 1 year old in US now and people had to live with a lot of negative aspects so I think it's right that they get the boost now ( and this is only a start, many of the stuff is fluff more or less and not so much what Valks asked for. Weaponskill is a much bigger issue, but you as heavy tank have ofc never any problems like that ).

Calling any of these changes OP'd is pretty crap imho, cause a lot of them are useful fixes that are either good for all realms ( healing changes ) or are well deserved for underperforming classes. Yes I say underperforming cause that's what the named classes are, especially Valks. It's true that I can destroy a stealther with a huge chance, simply cause I'm a tank with better damage, shears, insta DD's, Warlord etc.....but this does in no way represent the problems of a class in 8v8, cause else all albs would be running Infiltrators and mids would run Warlocks all day long.....personally, I haven't seen many of these two options.

Next things to do is give Valks more WS ( for both, sword and spear spec, but still higher WS for spear cause of 2 attributes ofc =)) ), give their sword line better styles and exchange the RR5 RA for something better, cause then we're talking about a balanced class.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
MrBic said:
What merc's need is a lil nerf :( same goes for vamps ofc :twak:
They might be tough solo, but so are zerkers and bm's. If you're on about fg-wise, get a clue. If anything, their styles should get boosted, as there's fuck all useful styles in there. I'd give a pretty penny for a behind style snare.
Cloudz said:
mercs really dont need a nerf compared to half the other class's out there, cant even believe you just said that :s

bm>merc>zerk atm.

Zerk needs the most love atm imo.
Well, vendo mode is pretty cool at least, I still think that > DT, but style-wise zerkers seem about as fucked as mercs :D
Vladamir said:
While you're bg'ing like a fag?
Hey, just dreaming :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:
Grass is always greener on the other side konah :p. BM dmg is way behind mercs in general.

i got 2 bm's one on pryd and one on camlann i know how green the grass is :p

bm dmg is lower for a number of reasons: a) you spec pierce which gives crap wepskill b) conc haste c) reroll firby!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
some garbage to long to quote

Firstly, I never mentioned Valks, though I don't think theres anything wrong with the class to start with, there just underestimated, I'd play one myself if I could access mid/pry.

Nor did I mention over powered, though mids getting another Charge class seems a bit sick to me also.

As for easy mode? Absolutely, VW are already CB/Grapple/Cast abusing class as it is, without being able to now desease, run and heal. Easymode? I don't see what else you could call it. The ideal cheesy fighter class.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
As for easy mode? Absolutely, VW are already CB/Grapple/Cast abusing class as it is, without being able to now desease, run and heal. Easymode? I don't see what else you could call it. The ideal cheesy fighter class.
Use your crossbow/charges to interrupt them?

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
on a side note ... wonder which patch ments finally get some lovin for rvr ...

*buggers off*

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
e: hitting albs with spec af :)

i would think ppl with half a brain use spec af charges, i do on glasto. or get an af proc [shock horror]

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Meradesh said:
d: Growth Rate

ye if u just spam the low-dmg cd rear snare, there is another rear style available, but then u dont use the snare for the dmg do you...

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
ye if u just spam the low-dmg cd rear snare, there is another rear style available, but then u dont use the snare for the dmg do you...

<3 i miss joo captain

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
Firstly, I never mentioned Valks, though I don't think theres anything wrong with the class to start with, there just underestimated, I'd play one myself if I could access mid/pry.

Nor did I mention over powered, though mids getting another Charge class seems a bit sick to me also.

Ah I'm sorry, you just mentioned "another Charge class" which has ofc nothing to do with Valkyries getting charge in this patch and if you ask me, making a list like that using these words is indirectly calling it OP'd.

And wow...calling VW's the new super tank is pretty exagerated aswell I think.

Btw....just saying: "everything you wrote is garbage" is really a good argument, I'm used to better stuff coming from you tbh :(

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

I don't deny bm styles have higher utility but you can't deny merc styles deal greater dmg, once slam lands at target merc side styles are devastating, only supernova can compete, that's 3rd chain and of course you need to spec 50 CD 50 main hand as supernova will hit for very low damage if you try a wyrd spec > spec 50 CD 50 main hand you are losing shield spec or 2 different dmg spec like crush & slash 50 composite, 50 cd.
I don't say merc is better or worst than bm, just merc hits harder.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
spear 7 sec stun is more fix in my eyes.
so far speccing to 39 in weapon have give you only 5 sec stun, when same time theres several weaponspecs what give 5 sec stun allready 25 in weapon.
example CD give 4 sec stun allready lvl 18, dont even speak mercenarys anytime 6 sec stun when spec 18 to crush.

Shenysh

Banned
I'll be happy when my scout with 44+15 thrust can hit hunters(who hit me for 250-500) for more than 70 dmg! until then he can suckadonkey cause he aint doing nothing but crafting until that day comes!

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
I forsee valks in trains with charge interupting EVERYTHING :)

Now givz wizz love

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
- The Salamander Tail is now able to be dyed. FINALLY :D

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
spear 7 sec stun is more fix in my eyes.
so far speccing to 39 in weapon have give you only 5 sec stun, when same time theres several weaponspecs what give 5 sec stun allready 25 in weapon.
example CD give 4 sec stun allready lvl 18, dont even speak mercenarys anytime 6 sec stun when spec 18 to crush.

its not rly anytime when its second in a chain tbh. you've gotta land that first through defense/guard/bodyguard/strafe blabla

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Shenysh said:
I'll be happy when my scout with 44+15 thrust can hit hunters(who hit me for 250-500) for more than 70 dmg! until then he can suckadonkey cause he aint doing nothing but crafting until that day comes!

Try using legendary weapons. My ranger with 44 pierce can easily hit hunters for ALOT more then 70, mainhand only.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Eluvia said:
and all BM's need is higher DPS, chain armour, spec AF, highlander race, and a good anytime, not to mention dmg add. Grass is always greener on the other side konah :p. BM dmg is way behind mercs in general.

whats wrong with firbolg?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
lol lol ... kagato calling vwers an abusing easymode class hehehehe

Never mind him, he always was bitter and probably always will be.

As for vales, it's a shame there's still little reason to have one in a group, unless they get something like the celerity chant the perception will always be that BMs do it better (and given the MLs, RAs and Artis BMs that perception is probably true imo :()

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Mirt said:
Never mind him, he always was bitter and probably always will be.

As for vales, it's a shame there's still little reason to have one in a group, unless they get something like the celerity chant the perception will always be that BMs do it better (and given the MLs, RAs and Artis BMs that perception is probably true imo :()

Was discussing it in /gu lastnight while playing my Valewalker: At the moment, there is little reason to include my VW in a group (obv. beside the point that I totally suck as VW). We where discussing also WHAT would be needed to get into the group.

Easiest solution seemed to be: Give us Banelord. We would then be a good competator to Champs, who do get groups. Backstun on VW (7 secs compared to 9 on Slam/Annihilation on Champ), also Banelord and Determination. No debuffs, but two insta interrupts like Champs. Ranged interrupt/damage. Not the uber BoV RR5 RA, but very nice other FG-RA's like BAOD, Ichor instead of STemptest.

Groupcelerity would do the trick aswell. And would be an easy fix --> give us a haste-buff like Wardens have, which lasts 20 minutes, and replace our current haste-shout with a group-celerity shout. Hell I would settle for just replacing our selfhaste with a groupcelerity, then I just grab the 20% haste from the buffbot for myselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom