Passwords Deleted/billled

D

Denarius

wtf? ive been billed and i havent pld this load of shit for 4 months i check my passes all changed and no email telling me it was changed? no im getting billed for a game i dont play? WTF goa get ur head out of your ass and fucking sort it!

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Denarius
wtf? ive been billed and i havent pld this load of shit for 4 months i check my passes all changed and no email telling me it was changed? no im getting billed for a game i dont play? WTF goa get ur head out of your ass and fucking sort it!

QQ

use rightnow

C

Coim-

Wtf? Stop whining, send an email to subscription@goa.com explaining your situation, and wait. How are they meant to sort it if you don't do anything your self? :rolleyes:

O

old.Jable

Re: Re: Passwords Deleted/billled

ah fuckit

O

old.Jable

Originally posted by Coim-
Wtf? Stop whining, send an email to subscription@goa.com explaining your situation, and wait. How are they meant to sort it if you don't do anything your self? :rolleyes:

he shouldnt have to do anything himself. stop defending a company that bill people after they tell them not to.

cancelling his account should have been enough.

O

old.Jable

Originally posted by Addlcove
QQ

use rightnow

and maybe you would like to explain what query he should use for rightnow to find the information he desires???

he cant send them anything because he doesnt have a rightnow password, due to them changing all the passwords, and hes changed his email.

all for a game that hasnt been played for months. you shouldnt have to update your email for any game you have no intention of playing.

C

Coim-

Re: Re: Re: Passwords Deleted/billled

Originally posted by old.Jable
he shouldnt have to do anything himself. stop defending a company that bill people after they tell them not to.

cancelling his account should have been enough.

i think people that stick up for GOA in this situation are total wankers btw.

just so you know.
He never mentioned anything about cancelling his account. He just said he hadn't played for 4 months. :rolleyes:

I think people who flame GOA in this situation are total wankers btw.

Just so you know. :rolleyes:

D

Damini

To be honest, I'd be fuming if a company can manage to bill me for something FOUR months after quitting, but can't manage to forward on passwords. GOA have some serious customer service issues, they have to be aware of this, so it's pointless defending an obviously faulty system. Let the guy vent.

On a helpful note, do try subscription@goa.com - try to keep the rage out, just lay bare the facts in short sharp statements so they can't read it wrong.

I cancelled my account on ___________

This was four months ago. On the ______ of this month, my account was billed for x euros by your company. I have not allowed you to re-open my account, and so would expect this money to be refunded.

Something like that?

B

BlitheringIdiot

Denarius! I wondered where the heck you'd gone, Xip the gimpy skald here. You know you arent even in the top 20 hunters list anymore... :eek:

Ignore these people, coim is strugglign with puberty and addl has a beard.

Did you actually cancel your sub though mate? If not you cant expect them to guess at whether you have actually quit or not. As the others have said though email them with as much info as possible, the mroe info you put in the email (literately please :p) the quicker it will get sorted.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
Ignore these people, coim is strugglign with puberty and addl has a beard.
Pfft. :p

O

old.Jable

Re: Re: Re: Re: Passwords Deleted/billled

He never mentioned anything about cancelling his account. He just said he hadn't played for 4 months. :rolleyes:

I think people who flame GOA in this situation are total wankers btw.

Just so you know. :rolleyes:

i removed that comment about you being a wanker 30 secs after i posted it, because i figured it was heat of the moment so i replaced the comment with the phrase "fuckit" instead. now i wish i'd left it in because i think you need to come to terms with it.

if you cant work out from his original statement that he was implying that he had cancelled 4 months ago and has now been billed for a new month, then you are too thick to be offering anyone advice.

if you think back, alot of people who cancelled their accounts months ago have been billed recently because since the hacking incident, GOA hasn't known its arsehole from its elbow, and have reactivated the autorenew on alot of accounts without the customers authorisation.

so that leaves you, having a go at a guy who once played the game, and has now been billed months after he stopped playing. is this the service you desire? are you looking forward to getting money removed from your credit card (or your parents) months after you cancel?

:m00:

C

Coim-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Passwords Deleted/billled

i removed that comment about you being a wanker 30 secs after i posted it, because i figured it was heat of the moment so i replaced the comment with the phrase "fuckit" instead. now i wish i'd left it in because i think you need to come to terms with it.

if you cant work out from his original statement that he was implying that he had cancelled 4 months ago and has now been billed for a new month, then you are too thick to be offering anyone advice.

if you think back, alot of people who cancelled their accounts months ago have been billed recently because since the hacking incident, GOA hasn't known its arsehole from its elbow, and have reactivated the autorenew on alot of accounts without the customers authorisation.

so that leaves you, having a go at a guy who once played the game, and has now been billed months after he stopped playing. is this the service you desire? are you looking forward to getting money removed from your credit card (or your parents) months after you cancel?

:m00:
Ever thought he might have just put it on auto-renew by accident? It does happen. Some people are that stupid. Oh, and the only reason I was slightly harsh is because I'm fucking sick of coming here and seeing nothing but "whine about GOA" threads. If you're that bothered go do something about it. Send them a letter, an email, anything... just stop whining here. And really... it's probably best not to include phrases like "get your head out of your ass".

O

old.Jable

i think GOA do need to get their head out if their ass tbh. this whole issue of keeping the customers happy with an email address and the rightnow tool is purely bad business, and an insult to the paying customers.

now they have billed lots of people who havent played for months, and the only way they will know is if they check their statements. whats to stop GOA getting hacked again and the same occuring? they havent acknowledged this problem at all. they could at least have opened a phone line for people who had issues with random billing to call, to sort it out sooner rather than finding cd-keys and getting sent old passwords.

there should be an advert made about this. something along the lines of "If you dont spend any money on your credit card this month, check the statement anyway. companies like GOA charge when they feel like it, so beware."

its lucky there have been no cases of people going overdrawn or having mortgage repayments fail etc, with extra money dissappearing from peoples bank accounts without their knowledge.

its people that accept this kind of service that let these companies continue in this fashion, without a care in the world because they know that people will keep buying the services they offer. i just hope that more companies don't catch onto the idea of saving money by offering NO customer service whatsoever, because if that becomes the norm, the whole commercial planets going to hell in a handbasket, and it'll be the fault of people like you.

C

Coim-

if he had forgotten and left it on autorenew, he would have been billed for the last 4 months, not just recently. thats not hard to grasp is it?
Erm, that was my point. He said he hadn't played it in 4 months... and that he's getting billed for a game he doesn't play. Therefore he could have left it on autorenew 4 months ago, and it's been billing him ever since.

O

old.Jable

btw my housemate stopped playing months ago. didnt leave it on autorenew. he got billed on 10th october for a month for no reason. there is no way he refreshed the account.

he sent an email to GOA to get them to cancel his account and refund his money, and instead they "misread" it and rebilled him. thats 6 days after the first rebilling.

all the time there is no phoneline to call, its all done by email and from this example, its absurdly possible that they employ some staff members that can't read, or at least, need some practice before they reach the title of "completely literate".

C

Coim-

btw my housemate stopped playing months ago. didnt leave it on autorenew. he got billed on 10th october for a month for no reason. there is no way he refreshed the account.

he sent an email to GOA to get them to cancel his account and refund his money, and instead they "misread" it and rebilled him. thats 6 days after the first rebilling.

all the time there is no phoneline to call, its all done by email and from this example, its absurdly possible that they employ some staff members that can't read, or at least, need some practice before they reach the title of "completely literate".
Well... I've never had any problems with GOA, nor have my friends... and the majority of people who came on here and whined about not having their passes etc, were people who didn't keep their information up to date, so it's their own fault. I kept my information up to date, got all my passes swiftly... brother didn't, he sent an email to GOA... got his passes the next day on his new email address.

M

marathor

Coim did you know that the sub pages were down a month before the emails were sent ? It wasnt possible to change account information in that time. No warning was given .. they just changed it and told the players sorry.

Like my friend had changed his service provider in this time. He managed to get the new passwords 2 days before the old email was closed.

And futhermore the autorenew system sucks big. Im happy I know it. When my account ran out I had to manually remove the autorenew 3 times on the next day so it wouldnt bill me.

Think it like this: What would you do if a month after you buy a new car you get billed again ? And you have nowhere to call or go and you can only send emain saying "wtf". Then you get rebilled again for the car.

The fact that Im playing again doesnt mean that the service would be any better. Im just addicted and hoping I would have started on the us servers.

S

Spinky

hrm, Coim i don't know where you're heading, GOA aren't perfect but they have billed peopel where they shouldn't have sometimes, myself included, i found my account renewed when autorenew wasn't on (Know this for a fact because in the 1.5 years i've played daoc not once have i used autorenew) yet when i look in the account pages it's on for both my accounts where it shouldn't be, sending an email to GOA and all they had to say was it's my responsibility to make sure that it's not on.

I suppose me switching it off and leaving it like that believing it to stay that way was fairly naive.

Whatever the hack did somehow in the chaos of Sub passes being sent, autorenew was reset also. and peopel were billed for dead accounts.

make of that what you will.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by marathor
Coim did you know that the sub pages were down a month before the emails were sent ?
More to the point, do you know why? Wouldn't you feel more comfortable knowing that your account was at least safe, or would you rather the sub pages being put back up straight away, running the risk of some people getting their account hacked?

D

Damini

Heh, because if it wasn't safe then people could take money out of your account without even asking you...

G

geysor

Personally, I'm really sick of reading posts from the people who have never had a problem with GOA and so therefore just assume that anyone who does have a problem with GOA is an idiot.

I cancelled my DAOC account a month ago, and have now had three emails from them containing my password information (which I obviously did not request). Every time I get one I have to check whether they've renewed my account without permission.

There is no way to remove your credit card info on the account pages once you've entered it, so I won't know for sure that GOA haven't autorenewed my account unless I keep checking, or cancel my credit card.

Also they put the wrong reply-to email address at the bottom of password info email.

GOA ARE SHITE!

L

living

Go to your bank, tell them the situation and they will get ur money back :>

O

old.Jable

More to the point, do you know why? Wouldn't you feel more comfortable knowing that your account was at least safe, or would you rather the sub pages being put back up straight away, running the risk of some people getting their account hacked?

Sometime after the hacking incident, when everything was up in the air, someone at GOA made a decision to roleback to a previous version of the accounts database, or just plain messed up and rebilled a load of people who had cancelled. thats not the action of a responsible or professional company.

also, im sure alot of companies are in danger of being hacked into. banks for example, lots of other companies that really have serious issues, but they don't get hacked into like a knife through butter, and they certainly don't shut down their servers all weekend just in case they get hacked again. it happened to valve recently, but they had people writing keylogger programs that were unique and therefore unrecognisable by virus scanners.

GOA unless im mistaken, sent the wrong passwords out to people in the first place(im talking about GM passwords being sent to normal players) and pre-empted the entire business.

they also lost alot of money when they got hacked. its very fortunate from their perspective, that they managed to rebill lots of people accidentally, because all that money will be sat in their accounts till its reclaimed by the owners, paying GOA interest until its refunded.

thats got to have a smile on their unhappy little hacked faces, certainly its unfortunate, i can just imagine them weeping thinking of all the people whose money they have at this very moment, making them more money for nothing.

O

old.Tohtori

Well...personally...

I keep the auto-renew on even when i'm not playing. It's what...30 euro for three months(got it on three month cycle)? Hardly what i call a big loss. And this way, when i feel like coming back(like i did a month ago), i don't have to do shi-et and can just log in and have fun.

Just my personal thoughts.

O

old.Jable

we aren't all living off the monies given to little seal charities, some of us have to MAKE our money :p

F

Fafnir

I find this pretty strange, i've read about the same issue on both swg soe forum, Eve Online forum, Planetside soe forum, well and a few other forums where people whine about how they stopped paying but still got billed and cash drawn from their cc.

J

Jiggs

dont bother telling goa anything

tell you bank/credit card company what happened and query the payment..

if credit card companies start getting enough complaints about goa then they will be threatened with removal of their online debit facilities, that'll make them sit up and take notice =)

S

Sibanac

Sometime after the hacking incident, when everything was up in the air, someone at GOA made a decision to roleback to a previous version of the accounts database, or just plain messed up and rebilled a load of people who had cancelled. thats not the action of a responsible or professional company.

also, im sure alot of companies are in danger of being hacked into. banks for example, lots of other companies that really have serious issues, but they don't get hacked into like a knife through butter, and they certainly don't shut down their servers all weekend just in case they get hacked again. it happened to valve recently, but they had people writing keylogger programs that were unique and therefore unrecognisable by virus scanners.

Valvue was hacked thru ms outlook/exchange exploits thats how the hacker(s) got access to the rest of the network, verry sloppy of them not to have their machines patched

they shut down most of their network for days and it took them weeks to get back to full opertional speed.

Shutting down systems and rebuilding them is the first thing you do when a network is compromised

Users who are viewing this thread