Passively cooled Core2Duo :/

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aye my Thermalright XP120 can cool a Q6600 quad passively, not a good idea but it can do it. Some premium coolers are worth the money, we both chose well. :)

I won't advise on the hardware because I haven't looked at that range of motherboards yet, personally I would go for the 2500k CPU though, that is where the bang for buck is at the moment according to what I have read. Of course that may seriously alter your budget, the 2400k is still a cracking CPU at a great price.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Damn only last weeki I threw away my stock c2d cooler

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I just can't trust passive coolers.

You can't tell when it stops working until the PC mysteriously starts to shut down. With a fan it's easy, when it starts to squeak, get a new one... :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
I just can't trust passive coolers.

You can't tell when it stops working until the PC mysteriously starts to shut down. With a fan it's easy, when it starts to squeak, get a new one... :)

Well passive cooling should never stop working? Oo

edit: Thermalright HR-02 was the bomb for Passive Cooling when I last looked at computer hardware :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have a Zalman CNPS9500A-LED kicking about which I have replaced I an not sure if I have all the mounting brackets though but if its any use you can have it for postage.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's OK, think I'll take the chance to upgrade. I get my redundancy payment on Monday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom