Advice Parrot mki9200 Bluetooth in-car

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I've been toying with the idea of a professionally installed in car Bluetooth system

Does anyone have experience of the parrot mki9200?

Key issues for me are good call quality, music streaming from phone, ability to work with iPhone or android.

But primarily; reliability.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
AVOID anything by IOplay. I have one of their units in my company car and it unreliable, terrible call quality and the controls frequently spaz out and reset the system.

Parrot have a better reputation for their units. When it comes to in-car bluetooth, make sure you get to road test the features before having it fitted into the car. I had a look at the features and it seems you can tweak the equalisation settings so you should be able to make it as squeaky or bassy as you want. You're going to be paying for a premium unit so it should be damn good quality.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
all good points :) and as for paying for it... not so much... christmas present :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wolfeh, I simply got a Sony bluetooth / iphone ready headunit for my car. Good call quality requires an external mic. Much better IMO than a separate bluetooth unit as you get a great stereo for your car as well :)

Android support via bluetooth is fine, just as good as with iphone. Added bonus is I can put all my music on my galaxy in FLAC format and play in great quality via bluetooth.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
replacing the head unit isn't an option unfortunately dude. that would have been my first choice.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan, even though my IOplay is a piece of shit for making/breaking calls, it does output bluetooth music through the speakers. The quality is surprisingly good and while you can't change the equalisation, I can hear the difference between an MP3 or a FLAC from my S3. I'd agree with you though... a Sony head unit with bluetooth/USB is a good way forward as I had one in my last car. I'm not allowed to change the head unit in my current car so I had to sell the stereo with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom