Parking Fines

The Verdict

• Pathetic sub humans, Vultures - Thier only usefull function is to cash in for the state/city/region

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Simply doing thier jobs, Doing the city a service - Take goddamn responsibility for your own actions

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have a thing for parking attendants, to go along with my animal sexfarm fetish!

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Killswitch

FH is my second home

Actually...I've been wrong too many times today, so I'm going to try and wriggle out of this one. I presume the part you're arguing is where I said that a private firm cannot levy a fine and that any charges levies for "breach of contract" must be proportionate. You're right in that the Protection of Freedoms Act doesn't mention that. HOWEVER the OFT Guidance on Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts does state this;

5.1 It is unfair to impose disproportionate sanctions for breach of contract. A
requirement to pay more in compensation for a breach than a reasonable
pre-estimate of the loss caused to the supplier is one kind of excessive
penalty. Such a requirement will, inany case, normally be void to the
extent that it amounts to a penalty under English common law. Other types
of disproportionate sanction are considered below – Part III, Group 18(c).

I hope I'm right, because I'm having a miserable day in other conversations!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It didn't sound harsh. It sounded idiotic.

Silly pathetic troll attempt :/

It's public transport. If you don't want to be surrouded by smelly oiks, screaming kids, drug users, politicans and off-duty cops then get a fucking car.

And my point is well valid. who your surrounded by on the bus isn't the issue, but if a person or his/her children act in such a manner that it's disruptive/disturbing to the majority of passengers, then it's well fair for the driver to ask you to leave the bus. Also consider the magnitude of behavior required to be thrown off a bus! - You wont get thrown off simply due to a hungry baby screaming for boobies!
on public transport: The right of the Majority over shines The need of the individual

Now, crawl back into you hole troll, you sound..whats the word ? oh yes, idiotic!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
consider the magnitude of behavior required to be thrown off a bus!

The behaviour being described was a screaming tantrum-throwing child.

Now, I fucking hate children. I don't want any of my own (and at nearly 40 that's pretty good testament) - for that very reason - they're all whining, wailing bags of sick that never let up and when they get to 18 they fuck off - and rightly so - leaving their parents thinking that their kids "owe" them something.

But the whining and screaming is a fact of life - and if you're getting chucked off buses for it then the driver is a cunt. Unless your kid is being left to run up and down the aisles then no amount of noise should matter. It's just tough shit for the rest of the passengers - one of those inconveniences that comes with being a human being on public transport.

It's not a trolling thing. It's just an acceptance of kids being horrid little shits thing :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Noisy, spoiled children with some fashionable excuse to be little cunts are soon sorted with a roll of gaffer tape and a ball gag.

Himse

FH is my second home
Was loading into a venue for a show, dude gave me a ticket, then told me i'm allowed to park there to load in.

Honestly, most of them are complete pricks.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They're fucking morons employed by organisations run by more fucking morons. Croydon Council once gave me a ticket when I had a valid parking ticket on display correctly in my car and then when I challenged it had the cheek to write back that "they would use their discretion to cancel the penalty in this instance".

They need to stop all this fucking around with bays nonsense and start lifting the cunts that park in the red routes that grind whole areas of the city to a halt because multiple lanes have to merge together (normally a stupid cunt bus driver doing the merging).

:eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They're fucking morons employed by organisations run by more fucking morons. Croydon Council once gave me a ticket when I had a valid parking ticket on display correctly in my car and then when I challenged it had the cheek to write back that "they would use their discretion to cancel the penalty in this instance"
:eek:

Did you have the ticket handy or is it just worth a punt next time that happens? :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Did you have the ticket handy or is it just worth a punt next time that happens? :)
I don't follow mate? If you're asking if I pulled a flyer then no, I actually paid to park and the ticket was face up (so it could be read) on my dashboard and the stupid twat still slapped a notice on the car.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't follow mate? If you're asking if I pulled a flyer then no, I actually paid to park and the ticket was face up (so it could be read) on my dashboard and the stupid twat still slapped a notice on the car.

Sorry, I was unclear.

I mean, you've paid to park and got a ticket to put on your dashboard. Cunt comes along, fails to read the obvious ticket and gives you a fine. You contest said fine, presumably a few days later.

The question is: Did you still have the dashboard ticket that you'd paid for or had you lost/binned it? When you informed the council did you show them evidence of the ticket?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry, I was unclear.

I mean, you've paid to park and got a ticket to put on your dashboard. Cunt comes along, fails to read the obvious ticket and gives you a fine. You contest said fine, presumably a few days later.

The question is: Did you still have the dashboard ticket that you'd paid for or had you lost/binned it? When you informed the council did you show them evidence of the ticket?
Yep, still had the ticket and that was their response, basically "we'll let you off but don't do it again". I was steaming.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Actually...I've been wrong too many times today, so I'm going to try and wriggle out of this one. I presume the part you're arguing is where I said that a private firm cannot levy a fine and that any charges levies for "breach of contract" must be proportionate. You're right in that the Protection of Freedoms Act doesn't mention that. HOWEVER the OFT Guidance on Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts does state this;

I hope I'm right, because I'm having a miserable day in other conversations!

Read section 56 of the act:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

Right to claim unpaid parking charges from keeper of vehicle

4(1)The creditor has the right to recover any unpaid parking charges from the keeper of the vehicle.

Conditions that must be met for purposes of paragraph 4

5(1)The first condition is that the creditor—
(a)has the right to enforce against the driver of the vehicle the requirement to pay the unpaid parking charges; but
(b)is unable to take steps to enforce that requirement against the driver because the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver.

Essentially, the law now gives the landowner the legal right to go after the vehicle's registered keeper, should that person not inform the landowner who was driving the vehicle at the time the alleged contravention occurred. So you can still ignore the rude letters, but the old "I wasn't driving and I'm not obliged to tell you who was" line won't work. The landowner can recover the loss in court, presumably he can also recover his costs as well. So the choice is yours.

Personally, I've always preferred to park my car on public land, or in a private car park after paying for the privilege. I think those people who just leave their car anywhere are morons.

Here's more detail on the process:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-act-2012-recovery-of-unpaid-parking-charges

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
The behaviour being described was a screaming tantrum-throwing child.

Now, I fucking hate children. I don't want any of my own (and at nearly 40 that's pretty good testament) - for that very reason - they're all whining, wailing bags of sick that never let up and when they get to 18 they fuck off - and rightly so - leaving their parents thinking that their kids "owe" them something.

But the whining and screaming is a fact of life - and if you're getting chucked off buses for it then the driver is a cunt. Unless your kid is being left to run up and down the aisles then no amount of noise should matter. It's just tough shit for the rest of the passengers - one of those inconveniences that comes with being a human being on public transport.

It's not a trolling thing. It's just an acceptance of kids being horrid little shits thing :)

think someone needs to insert the word "SOME" in there at a few points

kids as a rule are as bad as their parents, by and large, certain age brackets notwithstanding, but as per usual youre using a very broad brush and a lot of assumption, so either youre making badly informed observations, or very bitter about something that happened to you ?
dunno, dont really care, just a bit sad youre still banging the same drum :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah. ALL.

They're annoying as fuck from day zero. When they get older they're boring and annoying to talk to as they've got no life experience.

Not bitter. I love my sisters kids. Love 'em. But after a few days I realise why I'm glad I've dodged that bullet.

Not everyone has to like 'em you know. It's not a crime or anything.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
think someone needs to insert the word "SOME" in there at a few points

kids as a rule are as bad as their parents, by and large, certain age brackets notwithstanding, but as per usual youre using a very broad brush and a lot of assumption, so either youre making badly informed observations, or very bitter about something that happened to you ?
dunno, dont really care, just a bit sad youre still banging the same drum :(

It's a classic case of isolated incidants = The gospel truth

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Spot on!
Just not in the way you intended it to be.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I returned yesterday to my car with a hilariously pissy passive-aggressive note on the windscreen.

I'll post it when I capture it, it's fucking hilarious. Seems the person took great offence to me parking in a small space next to their car (one that they'd probably left deliberately so no-one would park next to their car, not realising a good parker of a small car could easily fit in there).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yep, still had the ticket and that was their response, basically "we'll let you off but don't do it again". I was steaming.

I've had that line from them more than once. Its just legalese to ensure they don't admit any liability and subsequently get sued for damages.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've had that line from them more than once. Its just legalese to ensure they don't admit any liability and subsequently get sued for damages.

Yep, see this reply I had:

1524028404_c860666c60_b.jpg

It is, of course, utter bullshit. That a council would feel it "inappropriate" to re-request details based on their mistake. The reason they caved in was because their parking bays were legally unenforceable, being a mixture of the only two designs of parking bay that are enforceable in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom