Parking Fines

The Verdict

• Pathetic sub humans, Vultures - Thier only usefull function is to cash in for the state/city/region

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Simply doing thier jobs, Doing the city a service - Take goddamn responsibility for your own actions

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have a thing for parking attendants, to go along with my animal sexfarm fetish!

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So,
Whats the FH verdicts on parking attendants ?

- Is there a difference between private and public officials, Should private parking companies even be allowed ?

- How do you deffend chewing off someone who are simply doing thier job - shouldn't you take responsibility for your own actions ? aka took a chance, got busted - Therefor accept it and move on ?

- Would you ever concider taking a job as a parking attendant/officer ?

Your thoughts?

ps: the poll is anon, so you can be honest :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Once had a council street warden walk in to the SEGA private car park and ticket my car.

He tried it again the next day so obviously I went mental at him, fortunately I caught him in the act. Fucking moron. Managed to get him to cancel the ticket he was writing and soon got the other one overturned.

Absolutely disgusting use of bullying tactics.

Also once saw a warden ticketing a disabled badge holder for being parked where they're allowed to be just outside some shops. I called him a soulless cunt, he claimed he was "just doing his job" (he wasn't).

Have reported some cunt who has been parked on the pavement near me for the last two months. He hasn't been ticketed once or made to move his vehicle.

Also had a ticket once because my wheel was 0.5cm over the private space slightly over the crack in the pavement.

Don't have a problem with them as long as they stick to their areas of control. But in my experience they never, ever do. They ticket anything they can.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We've got a thing over here with super-markets using private firms for parking tickets, but they're practically optional fines most of the time, ignore them, and they don't chase you up on it.

Chilly

Balls of steel
The whole point of parking restrictions (in theory) is to keep traffic flowing and improve safety. That part I'm all for and parking on double yellows on the side of a busy road is simply retarded in most cases.

However, the huge monetisation of residential streets is OTT. Ok, local residents parking needs to be protected, but you don't need to charge hundreds of quid a year for a permit and guest permits should be way easier to get hold of.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I often have to warn visitors to the area to pay attention to the parking signs.

The worst place in my area is Rhyl. There are a lot of one-way roads and most parking is limited to 1 hour, no return in 2 hours. I've seen an attendant walk past my car 3 times in the hour and lining himself up for issuing the ticket as I get back in the car at 59 mins. The look on his face was one of sucking lemons while my smile was beaming. So in his particular case, he took pleasure in issuing the tickets and he typifies my low opinion of parking attendants.

opticle

Part of the furniture
They're doing their job.

But unfortunately a lot of them are absolute cunts about it - or just do it wrong.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
on the "public highway" in the UK you are bound by the council control, if you get warden-ed you are pretty fuck (assuming its a legit ticket)
in private places, like supermarket carparks, you are ticketing for "breach of contract" in parking, its not an actual parking fine. And if you dont pay it they wont chase it beyond a few rude letters

(i got done in sainsburys a while ago, raised it with them, and they apologised for the cunts behaviour, TCP are shit eaters :) )

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I was helping a mate move last year. Was parked in the loading space outside his flat as it was the centre of town. Despite there being a shit load of boxes in and around the car a warden rocked up and started to write me a ticket. When I pointed out that we were clearly loading he said "I don't care, you're getting a ticket anyway." So I took a photo of him, I took photo's of the car as it was and I sent them, along with the ticket to the council. I of course inlcuded and a letter explaining that we were clearly loading and teling them what the warden had said. Told them I expected to see some action taken against the warden in question. 4 weeks later I saw him heading into the Job Centre, which made me smile.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
He was probably just giving the job seekers tickets for being illegaly stood in line

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Do wardens still get performance related bonuses? I know they used to get more money the more people they ticketed, but I'm not sure if there was enough outcry to pressure them to drop the scheme?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Trouble is that often, traffic wardens are low-skilled poorly-educated workers who are employed for their ability to be a total jobsworth. I've been ticketed three times in the last few years and I've defeated them all at appeal. Two because the bays were incorrectly painted (thus, no offence) and the third because I was ticketed for "causing an obstruction" in a car park, when the car park's Traffic Order contained no such offence. So the traffic warden simply made up an offence and expected me to pay. Nope.avi

But there's a real issue in this country with people who drive cars believing they are entitled to drive wherever they like, and park wherever they feel like parking. The first you can partially solve by giving people more options (real, Dutch-style cycle routes and better public transport). The second would be partially solved by the first change, but we also need more off-street parking in the form of proper car parks.

And there absolutely should be rigorous enforcement against people who park their vehicles on the pavement, or grass verges, etc. Because that is a problem (for disabled people particularly) that is becoming endemic. Sorry, but if you buy a house and can only park your car on the pavement outside that house, then you bought the wrong house.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Personally I simply don't get it!
When did it become socially acceptable to bark and threaten some occupations
and not others ? I sympasize with people that have been screwed over by a parking attendant.
or had a frustrating situation at a supermarked or store, but it to me none of it excuses the kind of behavior you see every single day targetted at these people!

I'm basicly not fond of privatly run parking wardens, as this quickly turns from being a traffic and safety issue, to being a revenue driven buisness.

If you're banks foreclosed you, a lawyer sued you or your boss screws you over, you most likely woldnt treat them in the same manner you would a parking warden/ store clerk.

The same holds true for ticket wardens, busdrivers, taxi drivers - etc and so forth

I often find my self pondering when exactly western society took this "turn" where it became socially acceptable to disrespect people doing a puplic service!

And as for disrespecting and mouthing off at the police ? - Really!???

I cant speak for Britten or the rest of europe, but in DK "for me" Egoism and self righteousnesshas taken a turn for the worse! It's increasingly
all about me me me me and myself and how it reflects on me, but maybe that's just me ?

I'm kinda disapointed that no one has voted for the last poll option yet :p

Last edited:

opticle

Part of the furniture
Do wardens still get performance related bonuses? I know they used to get more money the more people they ticketed, but I'm not sure if there was enough outcry to pressure them to drop the scheme?

I'm curious about this too - it was pretty ridiculous. Was this just for private attendants or public ones too ?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I think private ones do.
As for public wardens "in DK"? No!
They get the same pay, no matter the amount of fines written out.
- This is also why a public warden will try and find you, wait as long as posible or if your in your car, let you know that you need to move!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm curious about this too - it was pretty ridiculous. Was this just for private attendants or public ones too ?

Definitely used to. Islington and Westminster both had wardens on PRP.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
to expand on what i said before, im sure it comes down to the person in question, some are right cunts, some are ok, just luck of the draw

said cock i got into a dispute with in sainsburys ticketed me for obstructing/being parked (while sat in car with engine running, while picking someone up) in the "waiting" area..

this being the same waiting area that his car was parked in whenever he was at work, i pointed this out to him and he went apeshit, so i photographed him and his car, and he got very stroppy

though after i sent the rude letter in , he stopped working there..

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
If you're banks foreclosed you, a lawyer sued you or your boss screws you over, you most likely woldnt treat them in the same manner you would a parking warden/ store clerk.

The same holds true for ticket wardens, busdrivers, taxi drivers - etc and so forth
Yes, I would. Having been screwed over in court by my old landlord in 2009, his solicitor came over to speak with me. I looked him in the eye and told him to go fuck himself. I welcome the day my old landlord dies so I can piss on his grave. I really REALLY feel that strongly about how he wronged me.

As for store clerks or telephone helpline operatives, I make it clear that my anger/frustration is with their company and not with them personally.
I've not been on a bus in years, but my wife has a number of tales of bus-drivers either driving straight past her because she had a pram, or ordering her off the bus because she "can't control your noisy child". You can't discipline your child any more without getting evils from some do-gooder, and you can't just let the child run around without getting evils from some do-gooder. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, so my wife now looks straight at them and says "What?" when they tut and give disproving looks. They ALWAYS act uncomfortable and look away.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Parking wardens I can cope with. Even the sneaky fuckers who hide until you're round the corner before pouncing. At least they're real people (of sorts). Its the CCTV and camera cars that piss me off. I once got done by one of those cameras for leaving my bike on a single yellow for something like 40 seconds. With me on it. Engine ticking over.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I once got done by one of those cameras for leaving my bike on a single yellow for something like 40 seconds

and that is legal to do ?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Yes, I would. Having been screwed over in court by my old landlord in 2009, his solicitor came over to speak with me. I looked him in the eye and told him to go fuck himself. I welcome the day my old landlord dies so I can piss on his grave. I really REALLY feel that strongly about how he wronged me.

well fair enough, but apparently you also left it at that, you did not make a scene of it - which is kinda my point.

As for store clerks or telephone helpline operatives, I make it clear that my anger/frustration is with their company and not with them personally.

Good !!

I've not been on a bus in years, but my wife has a number of tales of bus-drivers either driving straight past her because she had a pram, or ordering her off the bus because she "can't control your noisy child". You can't discipline your child any more without getting evils from some do-gooder, and you can't just let the child run around without getting evils from some do-gooder. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, so my wife now looks straight at them and says "What?" when they tut and give disproving looks. They ALWAYS act uncomfortable and look away.

This last bit very much hits the nail, your arguments are souly centeret on how the situation aplies to you/your wife. Given I wasn't there, so I can't really comment with any certainty. Have you ever concidered that the bus went passed because it didn't have room, and not simply to undermine you or your wife? Is it fair on the remaining bus passengers and the driver if you children are overly noisy, dis-obedient or just generally behave in such a way that theyare a nuisance to other passengers.

Now I know that sounded harsh, but it really does illustrate what I'm trying to say, that we've become so focused on how life and the world around us reflecs on our selves, that we've completely forgotten to take the very same world around us into consideration. When our surroundings demand ssomething of us, our initial reaction is to be as un-inconvinienced by it as possible, or immediately assume the worst.

I find my self struggeling more and more with the "mind your own buisness" attitude that seems to flurish in modern society. When people are in need I'll help as best I can. when some one is being treated unfairly,
I refuse to simply butt out! And yes at times that might put me in harms way, but you know what! I hope others would do the same for me.

Last edited:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
A few years ago when I was living in Winchester, everywhere is restricted parking and I couldn't get a residents parking permit because there only 2 between our block of 6 flats. The parking official were actually very reasonable.

One time my car wouldn't start and they didn't ticket me for the day.

Another time I did go 45 minutes over my time, I got to my car and found that the car next to mine had been ticketed while mine had been left. The official was a few cars further down. I made a comment about being just in time and he said something along the lines of:
"I have seen your car before so I know you live here, also that car is a Mercedes so he can afford the fine."

What does piss me off is the automatic systems. The pay machines still only accept coins and the pay by phone parking is unreliable. I really don't understand why they don't accept debit/credit cards.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Busses only have room for 1 or 2 prams or wheelchairs. So if they have that many on the bus already they won't stop or let you on.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Driving past her could just be a full bus, but it happened a lot when she had a kid in a pram. More often than what you would normally expect of a full bus.

The driver telling her to get off is his prerogative, since he can't afford to be distracted by a loud sound behind him. The difficulty is trying to calm down a noisy/screaming toddler who doesn't want to to calm down for whatever reason. My personal opinion is to tell my child firmly what they should be doing, and if they carry on, make like I'm ignoring them. Other people nearby may see this as just letting them cry on, while they seem to forget what it was like when they had kids themselves. You can't take the time to explain that your child is hyperactive and wants to run around the bus like a loony, so you're holding them on your lap and THAT'S why they're screaming. No-one cares why, even when you've explained, so to hell with them.

Don't think that she's the kind of person to be like that normally. She's normally quite reserved, but she's found that people don't care any more, so she gives as good as she gets.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Has anyone actually experienced a parking warden hiding ? - as in a first hand account ?
The ones I've met in Denmark have always been in plane sight! they'll even let you know
if your facing a ticket and be willing to void it as long as you move asap.

On the other hand, I dont really have any experience with private wardens, so maybe thats why ?

Killswitch

FH is my second home
on the "public highway" in the UK you are bound by the council control, if you get warden-ed you are pretty fuck (assuming its a legit ticket)
in private places, like supermarket carparks, you are ticketing for "breach of contract" in parking, its not an actual parking fine. And if you dont pay it they wont chase it beyond a few rude letters

(i got done in sainsburys a while ago, raised it with them, and they apologised for the cunts behaviour, TCP are shit eaters :) )

This. Sort of. The reason they won't pursue the fine is that they would have to prove the damages in court. This is how I got one overturned, because they were essentially claiming that me parking in the wrong space in an empty car park (the spaces for customers of a nearby restaurant were badly signposted) meant that they incurred a cost of £150. Which is silly.

Councils can levy punitive fines against motorists for parking offences which are enforceable by law. Private companies can claim for damages incurred through breach of contract where you have agreed to abide by certain terms (your agreement is assumed because you parked there, EULA style) but have to be able to prove the damages they are claiming if it goes to court.

(EDIT: talking about the UK here...no knowledge of other nations laws is implied. Also, I'm not a lawyer and I'm most likely wrong anyway!)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And as for disrespecting and mouthing off at the police ? - Really!???

In my experience they're a bunch of violent jobsworths who deserve all the shit they get.

That's why the majority chose to be cops in the first place, and it doesn't take long for the idealistic to conform to standard workplace practice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is it fair on the remaining bus passengers and the driver if you children are overly noisy, dis-obedient or just generally behave in such a way that theyare a nuisance to other passengers.

Now I know that sounded harsh

It didn't sound harsh. It sounded idiotic.

It's public transport. If you don't want to be surrouded by smelly oiks, screaming kids, drug users, politicans and off-duty cops then get a fucking car.

:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Has anyone actually experienced a parking warden hiding ? - as in a first hand account ?

Parked up in Nottingham earlier this year. Time was 17:58. Parking zone was until 6pm.

I figured "nobody will ticket me now" - but, just in case, I looked down the two main streets (I was on a corner) - no parking attendants to be seen.

It was now 17:59. I wasn't going to pay the £3.50 for less than a minutes parking and anyone in a reasonable mind wouldn't wait an extra 50 seconds because only a massive arsehole would try ticketing you then.

17:59. Must have been +30 seconds too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom