Help Panic!

Helme

Resident Freddy
One thing I know happened to a mate of mine who had a computer rebooting when starting certain games was that Asus OSD has serious conflicts with the codecs in some intro movies and crashes the game - this is only relevant if you have an Asus GFX card, else ignore it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i dont :)

but i'm 99.9% certain i figured out what it is now tho. its heat related for sure. had a few days of rain that cooled the air in my apartment alot and it havent shut off once no matter what i do on it.

and another thing i noticed is that my 8600GT dont have a dedicated fan. just a bigass heat sink that points down (all my fans are on the other side of the card so only ~10% of the heatsink actually get cooling).

got another fan from my brother in law but its not doing any good as i only have 1 extra system fan outlet on the motherboard :(

guess the only solution is to change to better fans instead of adding more.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I'm not entirely sure but there's fans you just plug in with your PSU, have a look around.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I'm not entirely sure but there's fans you just plug in with your PSU, have a look around.

What he says, shops should have fans at different sizes, you should be able to find one matching the distance between "holes" in your radiator.

They come in various voltages, so have a look at your PSU, and see what rails you have free. Hooking up a 5v fan to a 12v rail would not be smart.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

ooh i'l do that. thanks for the tip :)

/edit: hah! i just added a dot on your cool'o'meter! :)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
If you are buying add on fans, get Noctua ones if you can, they may be a bit pricey, but they cool well and are extremely quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom