Palm Vx Battery Change

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Ok, I haven't charged my Vx in about a year (Left it in the box when I last moved.)

I dug it out recently and tried to charge it, but it seems the battery has died,lost its memory,got farked,etc.

Now, I found this tutorial for removing the casing of the Vx and replacing the battery, but I'm a little scared of putting a hairdryer (Or Fryer as it's refered to at one point) that close to my bit of kit.

Basically, has anyone ever performed this repair and if not anyone want me to document my attempt?

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
it should* be OK... the heat won't damage the battery or and other hardware, at least it shouldn't... :D

*note: i'm no expert, if it brakes don't come crying to me

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Before you do any of this, check that the charger is still working. Get a cheap multimeter, and measure the voltage across the output.

B

bemuzeduk

Palm Vx fix works OK

undefined
I tried this method and it worked fine for me. Although I had to resort to my black & decker heatgun, as my wife's 1200 watt hair dryer wasn't up to the job.

I used a normal kitchen knife to lever the case apart, if you have to use any force, the glue isn't soft enough, when its soft, it peels quite easily. Also be careful not to push the knife inside, there's lots of delicate parts in there!

Good luck if you try it too, I had nothing to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom