Painworking

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
The dot is supposed to interupt every tic right ? sure doesnt seem like it when im on a bridge spammin it and every bugger around me still manages to cast 500 spells .

Atm am runnin about with 44pain 31sight, not actually as terrible as it sounds, the str/con aoe debuff is pretty slick (tho why the hell clerics get rp for buffsheraing but debuffers dont is beyond me) and the actual dot hits pretty hard with crits. Melee range dot seems to resist overly much even wth mof2 but altogether makes quite a nice support dmg char despite the fact that it needs to get close, tho generally necros arent the first target in battles.

Anyone else here persevered with Painwork b4 and what was your overall oppinion. (me hears painwork line gettin love in 1.89 btw ^^, but i wont hold me breath)

E

Eruptix

why u are trying to rvr on a necromancer is beyond understanding

edit: and dots never interrupt every tick
they interrupt on hit & break CC for 1 additional tick,thats all iirc

- English -

Resident Freddy
why u are trying to rvr on a necromancer is beyond understanding

edit: and dots never interrupt every tick
they interrupt on hit & break CC for 1 additional tick,thats all iirc

tut, so clueless u noob

necros rule in rvr, cant beleive u didnt know that.

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix, please go to the RvR Section --> fao:jaxxal

Please post about how rubbish necro's are in RvR as there's a few people who need convincing :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
No no no's , Normal dots dont interupt every tic, be it cabby shammy or poisens but the necro painworking one is SUPPOSED to , thats why unlike every other dot in the game that tics 6+ times, the necro one only tics 4.

Supposedly.. :p i guess ill have to get a caster to let me test it..

As for the high RR necros, well, while i agree the class is far from useless in RvR if played well, it is my firm belief , the only reason most of these high RR necros are high RR is cos they made it and started to RvR on it when SI came out. Back then people didnt know how to deal with it, meleers especially, that was a lot of free rp with people targetting shade. And cmon its been what 3-4years since SI, thats a long time to get RP's on a crowmancer yknow :)

Dont get me wrong tho Jaxx is very good, im just saying...

But back on topic :p givf people that have tried painworkin and some info on when theyre gonna actually give us a nuke in that line ^^

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Aint the monster rezz DoT allso supose to interupt each secound? at least it feels like it when i meet one :p

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
As for the high RR necros, well, while i agree the class is far from useless in RvR if played well, it is my firm belief , the only reason most of these high RR necros are high RR is cos they made it and started to RvR on it when SI came out. Back then people didnt know how to deal with it, meleers especially, that was a lot of free rp with people targetting shade. And cmon its been what 3-4years since SI, thats a long time to get RP's on a crowmancer yknow :)

Dont get me wrong tho Jaxx is very good, im just saying...

I started my Necromancer sometime after they made pet have LoS, and back then it was Servant spec to farm, got bored, respecced, and loved it in RvR.
Never tried Painworking tho, so if it works for you let me know :)

Aint the monster rezz DoT allso supose to interupt each secound? at least it feels like it when i meet one :p

Nope, its probably because the 'monster' is standing near you so is constantly reapplying the DoT :(

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Simply :

First DoT interrupts, every following tick of that DoT has a chance to interrupt - ya know, like being hit as a caster when you're casting has a "chance" to interrupt but isn't 100% (hmm beard). :)

Another unfixed thing basically.

=)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
got told today that valewalker dot supposedly interupts too per tick but im too low to test in rvrszor atm hehe

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Dot only rupts wen is casted on someone , even if resisted it rupts, and playing a necro is no longer a challenge tbh :p melee inmune, got a pet that cant be rooted, they hit damn hard with spells, got lifetap, self demezz ( very fast demezz tbh) , a nice class for the general alb player :p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, cabba pet dot interrupts every tick, and as I found out the other day in thid, the bleed that the bd melee sub pets do, also interrupts every tick.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie

As Drusus said, the monster renews the doting when pulsing it again and again... this is the reason why the monster rezzed toons tend to stick casters or seers, to keep them interupted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom