This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p800 help.

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by Ch3tan, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Okies got myself a p800 today. As I know a couple of you here hae one, can you give me any tips on things (software wise) I should get for it, any important settings changes I should make? I am a little overwhelmed at the options at the moment.

2. gypsycurse

gypsycurse Guest

Tracker 3.2 is a must, when you purchase that you get taskman and fileman free. Worth every penny you can even completely reskin your phone.

Personal Jotter is another great app for writing longer docs or SMS's. Basically predictive handwritting recognition, offering most used and nearest fit predictions.

Opera browser is worthwhile addition

Xavier: Just added the links Gypsy gave me over MSN for the above, he's at work right now and can't be seen on the forums all too much ;)

3. Xavier

Xavier Can't get enough of FH

Cheers Gypsy - talk about a quick response :D

4. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

cheers guys, will have a looksee after some QW :p

5. Xavier

Let us know how you get on. Did you get sim-free in the end?

I'll be getting my SE engineers kit on Monday, so I'm going to have fun reflashing my P800 and trying to bust my T610, if I find any new stuff in the new firmwares you'll hear about it here first ;)

6. Dozi

Dozi Fledgling Freddie

Oooo - a p800 thread!

Random question for people more in the know than me - some time ago mine crashed and as a result I "lost" all the Vodafone branding (ie the start up / shut down movies), the other day i had to go back to an old backup and it all came back - anyone know an easy way to remove it again?

7. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

I found the Ir remote app, quality :) Got nearly every device in my house set up on the p800.

8. wyrd_fish

wyrd_fish Fledgling Freddie

whats that thing called???

9. Shovel

Shovel Can't get enough of FH

You can do that? Oh Lord I want one.... *sobs at bank balance*

10. gremlin

gremlin One of Freddy's beloved

Why the P800 over the P900? The new model has infinitely better software and feels more solid (looks better too ;)

11. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

This cost me £230 second hand, but in perfect condition. The p900 on an upgrade (within the first 3 months of my contract) would have cost me an absolute fortune. I am wheeling and dealing and working my way to more cash and then I will get either the p900 or another smartphone. Tempted by the spve200's featurers, but it looks ugly.

12. Xavier

XDA-II>SPV-E200>SPV-E100>*

imho :)

13. Xavier

actually SPVE100>SPVE200

The SPVE200 joystick is only 4-way which makes gaming impossible.

Xav

14. Dozi

Dozi Fledgling Freddie

My p800 was 68 pounds for an upgrade the week they came out - the store manager swore when it came up on the computer - thats what getting drunk and phoning abroad does for you:D