Overclockers.co.uk

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Do we know of anyone that works there?

Poag

m00?
No, but if they send me another faulty 4600 X2 i wont be pleased!

/gets pitchfork

Yaka

Part of the furniture
no but tbh thier custmer support has improved a heck of alot compared to 2 years ago

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Docwolfe lives just down the road from them, I can send him around to torch the place if you are having problems with them :D ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm sure there was someone on BW who worked for them, although it might well have been theoverclockingstore.co.uk so not overly helpful I'm afraid. :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
throdgrain said:
Trem lives pretty close to them.

I live 5 minutes from them and I still order my stuff online. It makes me cry going in the store, you know you are in trouble when you open the door and it hits a bloke on the arse because the line is so long.

Amazing online service though.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tis ok.

I have sorted out my monitor issue and a new one is gonna be replaced by some engineer on Tuesday.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I've used overclockers.co.uk quite a few times. Their RMA's have always been excellent.

I had an OEM Leadtek 6800GT from them nearly 2 years ago now. It became faulty after about 10 months so I RMA'd it and they sent a RETAIL boxed replacement within a week.

That one also went tits up after a similar period of time (no idea what's going on there as I don't overclock them in any way). So I got in touch thinking I'd be out of luck since I assumed the replacement was only covered by the length of the original card's warranty. Anyway it did take a couple of weeks for them to test the card thoroughly but they kept me up to date and eventually sent me a retail boxed BFG 7800 GS which as some of you might know comes with a lifetime warranty.

Nothing but good things to say about them tbh.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I've used them a number of times before, the difference being every time before I've never had to send anything back. A friend of mine had a tale of woe when he needed to send something back, but they'd been fine for me.

Then...

I ordered a load of kit from them to build my gf's PC. They sent a processor (retail so in a nice big box with the heatsink) in the same box as some loose RAM. There was no other packaging material in this rather large box.

Needless to same the RAM was totally and utterly fucked. I attempted to contact them to RMA it via email and phone, I think they'd turned off email to use phone only.

I left my mobile on auto-redial for 3 hours without getting through. Later that day I did it again for 4 hours and eventually got to customer services. The customer services guy then told me that I had the wrong phone number and needed to call technical support. I asked him if he could reroute me without making me redial he said he couldn't.

I then spent the next day trying to get to technical support. After numerous hours I got truely peeved and did the only thing I know how to do well -- write a grumpy letter of complaint.

I wrote a 2 page letter of complaint detailing how they had packaged it, with photos, and also detailing how RAM should be packaged. I gave my contact details so they could contact me and politely asked that they do so. I then sent this letter to them first class signed for.

The next day they phoned me, yay. The guy said he'd sent me a RMA number while I was on the phone and then said bye. I checked my email, and waited. It still hadn't arrived the next day, so I prepared letter of complaint number 2.

This time I quoted some UK and EU distance selling laws and invoiced them for the time they'd made me waste, the cost of paper, toner, envelopes, postage, and the full price of the RAM (as I now wanted a full refund and not a replacement).

The total invoice was actually about double the cost of the RAM so I said they could totally refund me or pay the invoice, I didn't mind which. Once again, sent first class signed for.

The next day they called again, I kept the guy on the phone until the RMA details arrived. They arrived within a minute or two.

I sent the RAM back, they credited my money back to me.

All was well in the end, but I won't ever use them again.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yeah Ive bought untold amounts of stuff from them, all no problems, and the one time something failed (a video card) the replaced it with a new one within 5 days.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be fair it is not overclockers replacing my monitor but the manufacturer.

My monitor actually comes with a 3yr onsite swap within 48 hours warranty \o/.

When I rang OC I got put thru to some scrote who was left behind when his parents went to get brains. Didn't really know what the fuck he was doing. I believe that the chimp assigned to train him was having a tea break.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Deebs said:
When I rang OC I got put thru to some scrote who was left behind when his parents went to get brains. Didn't really know what the fuck he was doing. I believe that the chimp assigned to train him was having a tea break.

Yeah, all these call centres seem to be employing from the Brooke Bond chimps tea party these days. I got a call from my credit card company the other day, the moron at the end of the phone asked if he could speak to 'Mrs James Finlan', to which I replied 'not until he has had his sex change you can't'. I mean seriously, what kind of fuckwit doesn't realise that a customer called James is going to be a bloke? Nevermind actually reading the fucking screen which cleared said Mr. I didn't get an apology though, he just said 'oh' and then quickly moved on to the script he had to read, which he managed to fuck up as well. :D

Customer service gets worse and worse in this country :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I've had to send a letter to someone before called Mr Emma <lastname> before, thought that was just a computer fck-up so changed it to Ms on the letter. It came back with the Ms scribbled out and replace by Mr.

Besides, isn't that the formal name for female spouses? or is that just when it's being introduced as "Mr and Mrs"?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Female spouse is formally Mrs <husband's name>, not Mr anything. Mr is only used to address men, who are generally not called Emma. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom