Over-rated?

M

Moving Target

Does anyone agree with me when I say that this game is over-rated?

S

Summo

I don't think so. This is the best single-player game since Half-Life, imo.

M

Moving Target

Sorry, but HL SP was actually fun whereas MoH, is just plain annoying. The AI of your team-mates is abysmal tbh, and the enemy have a distinct advantage that they can spawn out of thin air. The Omaha mission just got repetitive after the 10th death ( I died at least 100 times :/ ) and I'm currently on the most annoying mission, the sniper one in the destroyed city.

O

old.urbanlegend

Just because you didn't finish the game the first time you played it dosn't make the game over-rated, the point of the game is to present a challenge, long overdue in my opinion.:rolleyes:

M

Moving Target

It's not that hard actually, it's just that the AI has a distinct advantage as they can see through walls etc. I could have finished it in one day seeing as I got to the 5th mission in a day but I've got better stuff to do in my life than complete a game in that short amount of time.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Moving Target
Sorry, but HL SP was actually fun whereas MoH, is just plain annoying. The AI of your team-mates is abysmal tbh, and the enemy have a distinct advantage that they can spawn out of thin air. The Omaha mission just got repetitive after the 10th death ( I died at least 100 times :/ ) and I'm currently on the most annoying mission, the sniper one in the destroyed city.

I seem to remember the enemies in HL sp spawning out of mid air, literally, so how you can denigrate one but not the other for the same crime is a bit ?

Anyway, it's not over-rated in the slightest, I think it's the best single player pure FPS ever.

Multi also rocks bells. Big ones at that.

M

Moving Target

If you actually play HL SP you'll find that they do not spawn out of thin air, or at all. I should know, I've played it at least 10 times.

W

Will

Err, the green glowing, them the monsters appearing?

W

Will

Name, sure...

The little crab-things, and the green-lightning shooting monsters would spawn out of mid-air.

M

MrChumble

Try the 'walk' key. The enemy aren't so hot if you don't run around Q3 style trying to Rambo your way through the game :p

Stealth has won almost all of the missions I've tried so far, only occasionally has a 'do or die' been needed.

M

Moving Target

I crouch, walking very cautiously around the level, and still get slaughtered :/

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I think it's very good to be honest.

Best single player game since HL.

O

old.ignus

As I've already said its not much different to the original medal of honour. And the Omaha level was such a let down, what annoyed me was the lack of men on the beach, I know there's a limit to the amount of people on the screen, but the fact that only 4 people make it to the bunker is just silly. And no blood, boring.
As I said its nothing compared to operation flashpoint and hopefully this WW2 mod for operation flashpoint will be better if they're still making it.

All in all a good fun game but not what it was hyped up to be, thankfully not as bad a fps as red faction turned out to be.

M

Moving Target

The ending was bollocks too.

n00b: WELL,WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!!11

O

old.EasyGroove

Moving Target you talk shit, the only real fault with the game is it is too linear, I won't get involved with the HL debate because IMO I didn't like it that much but appreciated it was a good game just because you struggle to play it doesn't mean you should slate it. MOHAA is a dam fine game, the first actual PC game I have felt like wanting to complete the single player game since DOOM :D

G

greendemon

Single Player - lol!

Does anyone really care if Single Player is any good or not?
Most of us I'm sure, are only interested in multiplayer, which is why we come to BW! Personally I gave up playing Single Player stuff 2 years ago.

My view is that MOHAA Multiplayer DM and TDM is fairly slow moving and unexiting, but great if you wanna camp around sniping all night.
Objective is better, ok for newbies, but sooner or later you'll want the player classes provided by RTCW.

Still this is only my opinion so far, I've only had the game a few days, so my opinion may change!

:puke:

K

*Kornholio*

poo, crap and shite spring to mind immediately... there is no way that MOH is better / even close to the standards of HL... just look at the clipping & the AI ffs... shite, shite, shite... don't even mention multi-player... :puke:

S

Sar

And I happen to think HL mp is the shittiest mp on the face of the planet.

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Sar
AI & clipping seem fine to me?

The AI is either shite or unfair, the games far too short, can't imagine many mods coming out for it, DoD v2 (which is free) multiplayer is better, missions aren't particularly good and the Omaha map is over-rated.

K

*Kornholio*

10 minutes worth of semi-decent gaming makes it a brilliant game ?? As for the clipping, how far are you with the SP Sar ?

S

Sar

Originally posted by Kornholio[UC_UK]
10 minutes worth of semi-decent gaming makes it a brilliant game ?? As for the clipping, how far are you with the SP Sar ?

Er, where did I say that 1 bit made the game brilliant?

Mission 3 so far.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Moving Target

In what way? I didn't find it particularly amazing.

Tense, exciting, a feeling of "phew thank god for that" when I made it to the bunker etc...

K

*Kornholio*

Originally posted by Sar
Mission 3 so far.

I think at mission 3 I still thought the game was great... it gradually gets worse & worse... sad but true

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Sar

Tense, exciting, a feeling of "phew thank god for that" when I made it to the bunker etc...

I was a bit disappointed that only 4 people made it past the beach, I was on 9 health, and I didn't realise that you needed at least 10 health to make it past to the trench, so I died many a times there. It was good for about the first few times, but then I died so many times it was annoying

M

MrChumble

Tried the multiplayer?

Axis shotgun seems a bit overpowered, but otherwise it seems to work out well. Only game I've ever played where I curse myself and not the lpb h0 when I get sniped :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom