Advice Over ear wireless headphones

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
anyone got any experience with these? Looking for suggestions. None of those in ear things hate them. Noise cancelling a bonus.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
for general use music etc. or gaming?

Gaming Razer Man O'War and they are excellent. Come in Wired or Wireless.

General use I have the Bose QuietComfort 35's Wireless II, again excellent.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
For general use. How long do the batterys last on the bose?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
QC35's - They have lasted an entire flight from DXB - LAX - 16.5 hours always on. Review/Spec says 20 hours wireless and 40 hours wired. The thing I love about Bose is their repair/replacement policy. If it costs more than $80 to repair they will replace for that price. I got a brand new pair of QC15's last year when I needed 2 new cushions and a jack lead + spare, they added it all up and just made the offer to replace instead. Ithought I'd lost them (15's) on a trip and ordered the QC35's but later found them at home :) Wife has them now.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bought a pair of qc35s. Very nice first impressions. Will give them proper tryout on my next flight. But all good so far and got the mark 2s for 50 quid off what most were selling them for :)

Himse

FH is my second home
Bought a pair of qc35s. Very nice first impressions. Will give them proper tryout on my next flight. But all good so far and got the mark 2s for 50 quid off what most were selling them for :)

You won't regret it, I was pondering for ages about getting some good over the ears, really glad I went with a slightly higher price ranger & got the QC35's rather than a cheaper similar brand. Was looking in Gatwick airport and the QC35 were the first pair I tried on. The other brands & models then just seems inferior, so glad I spent the extra money I use them for everything now.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Coworker has em - they're bloody marvelous, but too expensive item to consider, personally.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Coworker has em - they're bloody marvelous, but too expensive item to consider, personally.
Yeah they are xpensive. But i checked out a 100 quid pair of phones and it was just too many yeah they are ok but ...

So i convinced myself to shell out.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yeah they are xpensive. But i checked out a 100 quid pair of phones and it was just too many yeah they are ok but ...

So i convinced myself to shell out.

I went through so many 80-150 GBP models before shelling out for the Bose. They have lasted longer than any other travel headphones I had. Given their policy on repair/replace I dont regret spending the extra. I've easily made that back over buying cheaper models. All the previous ones I had from Sennheiser, Panasonic, Beats (Monster ones not the newer shit), Parrot and Sony only lasted a few months of travel abuse. Bare in mind I travel 2-3 times on 7+ hour flights and 2-3 trips of 4 hours or less a month. So travel abuse level is high.

Having seen the new Parrot Zik's, they are a lot tougher than previous models and maybe worth a look. Audio wise Bose are better.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Main issue I have with the Bose is that, typical of anything that company offers, the sound quality is...well..meh. Flat and inoffensive sure, but not much in the way of dynamic range.

I was inches away from buying the Sony equivalent in LAX, as the noise cancelling and sound quality were stunning (plus love the fact you can turn noise cancelling off by holding the ear you want to listen through), but they were out of stock :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The Sony ones I had in the past lasted no more than a few months. Typical I will admit to stay clear of them as a manufacturer but occasionally give them the benefit of doubt and when I do I am always disappointed. At least that had been the case for the last 10 years

Although, I hear good things about the MDR 1000X.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm on my 3rd or 4th year with a set of wired Extra Bass models, cost 60 quid from Dublin airport and still going strong. Sound is a bit bass heavy, but they work well on planes by just drowning everything else out :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I am no audiophile and dont know the difference between flat and inoffensive and anything else. They sound fine to me and are better than the ear buds style of phone.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
QC35s are good for wireless sound/noise.
Sennheiser Momentum II is better if cabled. Probably 90% as good as the QC35s over wireless.

Also works on Skype and other appy things.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thanks @Hawkwind for the qc35 suggestion they are working perfectly and making a 6 hour airport wait much more pleasant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom