Help Outlook signatures

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Hi folks,

I'm sure someone awesome on Fh can help me out!

We have recently added a signature including logos and various other bollocks about how supposedly awesome we are to our emails. Now while the signature looks as the directors intended there is a problem.

When I click reply or create an new email, I can keep typing text so that it goes beyond the extents of the signauture margin. I've tried messing around with the template/signature but it just won't stay within the signature extents.

I've been sent emails with said set up, so I know there is a way. but when googling, I come up blank :(

So if anyone has any knowledge it would be appreciated!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
what format is your email (HTML, RTF ?)

Not sure what you mean when you say the typing goes beyond the extent of the sig - are you actually typing IN the signature area as opposed to the Mail Body?

Calaen

what format is your email (HTML, RTF ?)

Not sure what you mean when you say the typing goes beyond the extent of the sig - are you actually typing IN the signature area as opposed to the Mail Body?

Format is HTML

No typing in the actual email body, as you can see below the email body allow the text just just keep going, i'm looking for it to warp at the same extents of the signature.

example

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

------------------------------------------

signature blah blah we are awesome (logo)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have never done it but it sounds like you might need some sort of stationary with the signature included rather than just a signature. With Stationary you can set frames ect so it would keep the text within the border.

Calaen

ok so after a bit of mesing around I can get the text to fall in line with the signature extents. However it relates to me switching the default view of the new email to normal view instead of web view.

Is there any way to change the default view of a new email to normal instead of web?? I have modified the normal.dot file that all new files are created from and changed the view to normal. but for emails it seems to over-ride the change!

Calaen

h cool i'll have a look into that.

Calaen

Having looked into it further, even with the stationary and the table inserted the text will not warp within the correct settings of the created table unless the view of the email is shown as normal.

Just gotta find out how to set that to the default.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Honestly (probably is my poor understanding of English Language) i can't get exactly what's happening (some screenshots of the behaviour might help), anyway which version of Outlook? And it is happening only in Replies (hence you want signature even in replies) or even in new messages?

Calaen

Honestly (probably is my poor understanding of English Language) i can't get exactly what's happening (some screenshots of the behaviour might help), anyway which version of Outlook? And it is happening only in Replies (hence you want signature even in replies) or even in new messages?

Outlook 2003, no it happens on new emails as well as replies.

Basically you have a signature and it's extents might go to here >
But when it comes to typing out your email message instead of wrapping onto the next line it carries on beyond the extents of the signature, making it look horrible.

It appears that if I change the default view of an email to normal then the text will wrap around perfectly, however I cannot seems to find a way to make the normal view default!!!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
People who put graphics in Outlook email sigs should be burned at the stake.

Calaen

People who put graphics in Outlook email sigs should be burned at the stake.

Please don't get me started, they spent a fortune on a marketing company and this was part of the *You must have*

There does not appear to be anyway to set the default view of a new email to normal :(

Balls!

Thanks to everyone who responded :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom