Outlook Mail Blocking

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Is there a way of blocking mail using MS Outlook? I am using XP Office Outlook version :)

Thanks

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Darthshearer said:
Is there a way of blocking mail using MS Outlook? I am using XP Office Outlook version :)

Thanks
Which email exactly? All email?

Xav

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Just certain email Im getting. I keep getting one from "Microtoss" but it aint a microsoft email addy just spam with a couple if gifs that are virus infected!

They say the are "critical" updates for windows! So I wanna stop them They are from my NTL account!

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Outlook has a built in junk mail filter, in 2003 this certainly performs very well when set to "High".

As for this specific email, you could just make a rule that says "If sender address is xxx, permanently delete".

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Darthshearer said:
Just certain email Im getting. I keep getting one from "Microtoss" but it aint a microsoft email addy just spam with a couple if gifs that are virus infected!

They say the are "critical" updates for windows! So I wanna stop them They are from my NTL account!
As long as they're from the same address, or use a keyword like 'microtoss' just create a rule to automatically delete them.

Alternatively, use an antivirus client which is capable of integrating into Outlook and have it flag and purge virulent emails itself.

Xav

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh I have AVG that stops the virus its just bloody annoying thats all :(

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Use "delete from server", that way you dont waste time downloading.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
Or see this Anti-Spam Thread that I had the other week. It had a good response as to two different ways of filtering spam.

And the Mailwasher thing mentioned, there is a free version at www.mailwasher.net that only does one email address.

It works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom