Outlook express and attachments..

Salteh

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there.. just got home after freeing another friends computer of browser hijackers.. It's all sexy again now :)

However, there is another problem..
She uses outlook express for email.. and whenever she recieves an attachment.. outlook blocks it - every attachment.. saying it's blocked access to a possibly evil virus/file.
In this picture(my computer), there is a checkbox to disable this 'feature'.. but on her computer this checkbox cannot be unchecked - it's greyed out! :eek6:

Does anyone know how to.. ungrey the checkbox? :p Or how to fix the problem of 'blocked' attachments? Please don't tell her to use other mailsoftware.... she prefers to use this version of outlook.. and she sort of understands how to use it :)

Thanks,

Salteh!

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
please divulge some info

Windows Version (including any service packs)
Outlook Express Version

all would be handy

[EDIT]

If it is Windows XP Pro do the following...

• Click Start > Run > Type gpedit.msc > Hit Enter
  • In the User Configuration Section expand Administrative Templates
  • Expand Windows Components
  • Click Internet Explorer (left hand window)
  • Scroll down to Configure Outlook Express, double click to open
  • To allow attachments to be opened choose the Enabled Option and make sure the Block Attachments that could contain a Virus line is Unchecked, click Apply then OK

i think you can also use the Disabled option instead

you may need to log off or restart before the settings become effective

[/EDIT]

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I had this problem. If you do a google, you'll find software that modifys OE and Outlook to allow attachments, even to the extent that it won't prompt you to save first. If you can't find it, look on the MS newsgroups, there are some helpful people on there.

BTW Outlook 2003 allows attachments by default.

milou

Part of the furniture
I also found that by clicking the forward button on the email, the attachment showed itself. But as Tom says, Outlook 2003 allows attachments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom