ouchies

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Do hope you're feeling peaky and perky and all better soon.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
thought Teedles could do with some company so I tried to match him for it.

Although I was too much a mouse to take it to the extremes that he did :|

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Get well soon!!

Strange... I've been riding my bike for about 15 years now and I have never broken anything...
A friend of mine broke his arm on his first ride a few months ago though :D
Guess I'm just lucky ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hello everyone!

firstly much thanks for all your well-wishes! These have cheered me up loads reading through them just now and together with the gws cards I've gotten in the past couple of days et al are helping me to feel slightly positive again.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been a bit frightened in the past week, as my leg is (or rather was, but I'll get to that in a sec) severely broken and now contains all manner of iron-mongery holding it together. I was scared that I'd need more operating, that something invisible was going on under my plaster that would hurt me, that alien entities were watching me somehow when I tried to sneak in a wank now and then, but mostly that I'd have a limp or other strangeness with my leg that would hinder me walking, biking or doing the myriad other things that I enjoy.

Well, I've just come back from the hospital where smiling (but still frightening) doctors have looked at me, xray images of me and other signs and portents in lizard entrails and bat wings, and have told me that I'm going to be fine! Woot! There were new touchy-feeley events, and a couple more xrays which I have now seen, including (frigging huge) screws and other nasty things embedded in my bones o0. A nice doc explained the significance of what I was seeing, and answered all my questions.

They are not going to remove the metalwork from my leg unless it starts to bother me in some way. The broken bits in my ankle and the lower parts of my shin and leg bone, which more or less were a bunch of bone shards after my accident as per the first xray set have been rebuilt (by a bloody good doctor, if I may say so), and tacked together with metal in a way that doesn't hinder the ankle actually working. This has been done so well (sayeth the explaining doc) that, apart from there being metal in my leg, you can't actually see that it's been broken at all (unless you're a doctor heh)! This, and because the joint of my ankle isn't damaged in any way, causes the docs to generally have the idea that there will be no permanent damage! Yay! Also, because the workings of my ankle aren't damaged or hindered there will be no physio to go through, or the little that may be needed I'll be able to do at home / at the gym or in a swimming pool. Much gladness :)

On ther other hand I am most certainly *not* allowed to put any kind of load on my right leg for a 5 week period now. No standing, no walking, no nothing as the docs want the bones, together with the screws and things to set properly. This means that my leg will come out of the plaster looking like a thin twig (as far as it's possible for my legs to look thin heh) and feeling prolly not much stronger than said twig. And smelling like week-old roadkill tbh, but the bliss of being out of plaster will make me not care at all :)

Well, that's all the news I have for now regarding my leg. I *may* be going home tonight, where the is the ever yummy phat pipe to the interwebnet, and so my bright self may be gracing these green fields a lot more quickly than I expected. Which is good ofc :) and pr0n! lots of pr0n is good for me too. very theraputic :)

edit: hehe also I've emptied my inbox! those who wish to upbraid me in private can now do so once more!

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
You have a decent excuse for not doing any work now.

"sorry love, cant do any work. Cant put weight on my leg".

Get well soon chum :D

TdC

the docs took my plaster off today o0 my leg looks like a sack of rotting suet, but they tell me I can walk on it again, or even dance if I'm so inclined.
I'm slowly coaxing myself back into moving my foot and I've even stood on it (twice!) just now. it hurts like hell but it works.

I have to go back in two weeks to show the docs that I indeed can walk again, and to pick up a cdrom with the xray pics. if you're all nice I may even post them ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
They always look manky, its the lack of sunlight Im told. My arm looked like it too when I had the plaster off that.
Glad to hear you're getting better mate :)

TdC

it's all crusty and smells like a good camenbert :/

TdC

I'll see if I can post some pics of it to gross you out :) (the foot that is)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
throdgrain said:
They always look manky, its the lack of sunlight Im told. My arm looked like it too when I had the plaster off that.
Glad to hear you're getting better mate :)

At least it gives you a good idea of what your average daoc player looks like.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hope you're feelin better Andy mate.

TdC

cheers guys :)

sorry, no pics atm, but I'll hassle mrs teedles for her camera so I can get my mitts on them! in a small update on the world of me, my foot is like a scarred balloon ffs. I am Frankenteedles!!!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I'd be interested in what is on the CD they give you TdC. We recently had a patient pitch up with a CD from America. No one in A&E coulkd view the pictures at all :)

The pictures were in a DICOM format, and the CD came with an autorun viewer that none of the network PCs in the hospital would allow to install!

My guess is that your CD will be the same, but will probably contain a folder with the actual pics in it that will open with other DICOM readers, and can be easily exported as .jpg.

Irfan View with the plugin will open them but I have found that DicomWorks is better. I had a proprietry Siemens CD with a viewer that didn't run on XP and a folder of images with no file extension. Adding .dcm to them allowed Irfan View to open them, but incorrectly; DicomWorks opened them with no problem at all.

I have no idea why I've told you all this, but let me know how you get on!

RB

TdC

I have no idea mate. Their image viewer app is like nothing I've ever seen before, and I have no idea how their xray machine exports the pics. I'll be sure to let you know though. I have to go back in two weeks, and I'm bringing in a cdrom for them to burn. I've checked, and they let you do this (for a token fee).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom