ouchies

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
some of you may have been wondering where I'd gotten off to...well, monday evening I had a slight mishap on my bike and managed to break my right leg in three places. leg, shin and ankle are all fu><ored, and I've had to have an emergency operation where doctors have inserted metal bits, screws, cogs, springs and other scary stuff into my leg to make sure I'll (hopefully) be dancing about again one day.

I've spent two days in hospital flaked out on morphine after which the docs suddenly wanted rid of me and told me to bugger off home, come back in a week and we'll check to see if your toes aren't black and smelly sirrah. meaning I'm now staying at my lovely mums. I've broken things before, so I know that there's about a 6 week 'mucking abaaht in plaster' period followed by a few months wondering why it still hurts so f*****g much when you're supposed to be better. well, I've got crutches but I'm more or less totally dependent on my mum and gf and that's utterly doing my nut in (I love them, but I'm fairly active when I'm not being lazy and it freaks me out that I can't jump up and make a cuppa or whatever for my mum when she's tired after doing some housework but need one of them for that, as I can make a brew but I can't carry it out to the livingroom cos I sadly don't have a third arm :/)

anyhoo, you'll not be seeing much of me for a bit. have fun, good luck with the bf2 on monday you bf2 peeps -I'm sure you'll do a lot better without me on the team ;) and stay safe everyone!

-(broken)andy

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Feck me matey, pleased to hear your still alive at least.

Hows the bike?
Was it that tiddely little ramp in the picture??
Were the parts they fitted in your leg Ti?? or anodized aluminium ;)

Now at least you have time to do some *ahem* other stuff ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That doesnt sound nice. Good luck on a quick recovery before you go mad with nothing to do.

Will

/bin/su
Aw...three places...did you drop down some steps wrongly?

I'll try and not break myself in the Alps. Going tomorrow, la la la. ;)

Tilda

Wheres that "This thread is worthless without pics" emote? :p
ofc, its not worthless because you're telling us how you are, but photos would be good! :p
I hope you get better soon :D Also, the 6 weeks mucking about in plaster, dosnt that mean you can play more games not less? Or dosn't your mum have net?

Tilda

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Will you are going to break something i can feel it. 50% of the mountain bikers I know of on this forum have broken bits of their body within 6 weeks. My collarbone, your leg (hope it heals sooner than you think). With Will trapsing off to the Alps I can only see one outcome and Wilier dont get out on your bike anytime soon.

/preminition mode off

Im going back to Woburn Sands tomorrow, where I battered myself 7 weeks ago to kick a large segment of turf out of the jump I attempted.

TdC, doctors will tell you it will take longer than it actually will to cover their own arse, get out as soon as you feel you can, dont let the boredom get to you, its the worst thing about breaks I have learnt.

Will

/bin/su
I got this holiday because my mate broke his collarbone, and another mate I borrowed a wheel off broke his ankle last week in a slow motion SPD topple. Surely no one else I know can break?

Sar

Part of the furniture
That's you & Bohdi off my chauffer's list for starters.

;)

Glad to see you're ok anyway TDC :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
I got this holiday because my mate broke his collarbone, and another mate I borrowed a wheel off broke his ankle last week in a slow motion SPD topple. Surely no one else I know can break?

Hehe SPD falls. Everyone laughs at me and my magnesium v12 DMR's (ti axle :p ) except when I fall I dont have the bike landing on top of me. IF I'd have had spuds on during the jump and I hadnt unclipped during my fall I dont think I'd be alive, Id have had 32lbs of extra weight forcing my neck to the right....

They did chew my shins up nicely tho, got home after hospital and noticed my right shoe had turned red and then the giant cut that I shouldve had stitched up while I was there :p

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Speaking of bikes, DJPringle, how are the fox forks you had off of me? :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
disturbing.jpg

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Ouch, you poor bastard. Sorry to hear that! I spent a month on a ward full of people with leg injuries back in the day (1985 I believe it was) and its not pretty. Recovery rates seem good though, so hope you are up and about soon.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
20 years ago the treatment of fractures was very different to today. Nowdays every effort is made to get people out of hospital as quickly as possible. Very few people spend a month in hospital mow, especially young otherwise fit ones.

TdC, hope it all mends properly and if nothing else try and post pics of the x-rays, I'd love to have a look :)

RB

Chilly

Balls of steel
work your leg muscles as early as it's bearable - atrophy smokes ass, especially for someone as active as you - you will be sickened at how quickly leg muscles deteriorate in plaster.

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
Any excuse not to get fragged :)
Get better soon.
IntroV5TDC.bmp

You know where you are ;)

Clown

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
some of you may have been wondering where I'd gotten off to...
Who? :)
I think I'm going to blame Will for this.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
Doomy said:
Speaking of bikes, DJPringle, how are the fox forks you had off of me? :)

Lush, awesome, gorgeous...unfortunately they're not on my bike at the mo but everyone is wearing huge grins.

Get well soon TdC and we need the obligatory x-ray pic please!!!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Trancor said:
Any excuse not to get fragged :)
Get better soon.
IntroV5TDC.bmp

You know where you are ;)

Class !

Take care Teedles - we miss you :)

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Hi There,
Hope it heals well and with no complications, and you can do a 'Norman Tebbit' sooner rather than later :)

Later

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I broke my ankle in 3 places back in march, was in plaster for 6 weeks, was walking after 4 weeks tho, however it's still blooody painful!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oooh - Sounds nasteh. But strangely arousing...

*don nurse uniform*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom