Ottar (Skren, Vares and their friend Uhmer) Missing?

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
hmm,maybe i'll dl that client too and check it out.got some free time atm anyway ;)

kain

Fledgling Freddie
Damn lads, I was in EoO from the start and by the time I got all grown up and leveled you all ran off!!

Was it something I said :eek7:

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Noita said:
Kalgarn :wub: :)

BTW the Guild Wars server is now open as Chodax announced to all in another thread... Ive had the client for some days now and checked it out for an hour b4 going out...

:eek2:

Bit good I think

I dont get the movement system? Other than that, it seemed.. boring.

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
kain said:
Damn lads, I was in EoO from the start and by the time I got all grown up and leveled you all ran off!!

Was it something I said
we got tired of waiting mate ;)
you'll have to level a new toon in another game now :D

just dl'ed and tried guildwars,and my pc crashed first time.second time it went fine but gf just got home now so will test it later tonight ;)
look out for kalgarn bjarki elementalist/ranger (no idea how i got those classes but hey... :p)

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
been playing it all day and love it, alot. will definatly buy it and *gasp* NO MONTHLY FEE ;)

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
lol,wtf?just saw who you are.what kind of chat are you playing now tind? :D

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
sucks that the demo came out now.just got late shift so can't try it alot.ah well,might try it when beta starts.but for an alpha client it seems really nice anyway :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
bah, neither bluebies nor assassins in it!

...but me thinks there'll be a lil' Ranger/Warr running around in Guildwars the next days called Cylian ;)

Ottar

Fledgling Freddie
Trying it out now as well.. A really wierd game that. Graphics pretty much beat L2 even and with no lag even in cities. Maybe because its just a small part of what it'ss going to be in retail but right now the world seems wierdly lacking any.. continuity? Is that what instancing does to games?

Ottar

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
from what I heard it's still in very early stages so I guess this promo beta thingy is just to show off the graphics :p

kain

Fledgling Freddie
I've just started the game, some really nice ideas... i like the load on demand stuff.

but seems like the usual thing to me, but hey for free... how the hell is that going to work?

Noita

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I can make out... and Im completely blonde as far as these things are concerned but...

They will make their money from initial sales, and regular ie every 4 to 6 month x-pansions...

The beauty (or so Im told) of the streaming and instancing technology they are using is that they dont have to keep track of 3000 or so ppl on a server at all times - the only "persisntent" bit of their game are the Hubs where you go to train or pick up grps or team missions etc... this means less bandwidth, fewer servers, less expense and more quality/quantity poured into your particular "instance".

Now, I may have got this totally wrong BUT its how I had it explained to me and it makes some sense.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
mmmm maybe i should try that thing to ^^ :]

And tbh we should all start to idle in #eyeofodin on irc again?
Can be fun never know what happends if new game etc.. :)

I will and i hope u all do that to! :]

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
mmmm maybe i should try that thing to ^^ :]

And tbh we should all start to idle in #eyeofodin on irc again?
Can be fun never know what happends if new game etc.. :)

I will and i hope u all do that to! :]
didn't knew that channel was still there.but i'm on it now ;)

Noita

Fledgling Freddie
Heheh

Well... in a previous post in this thread I said something like.."Oh wouldnt it be nice to be able to turn the clock back ... " or something similar... well...

When I left a year ago it was like...

Hibs doing alarm clock raids in RvR forum

We hate BO cos tehy r teh s00k an der eeebilest ov de eebil in Mid forum

H8 for teh Durgi cos he r teh eeebilest of der eebilest egosmurph in der whole wide world on Mid forum AND RvR Forum

I had a look through the forums today for the 1st time and...

Hibs doing alarm clock raids in RvR forum

We hate BO cos tehy r teh s00k an der eeebilest ov de eebil in Mid forum

H8 for teh Durgi cos he r teh eeebilest of der eebilest egosmurph in der whole wide world on Mid forum AND RvR Forum

LOL I think I deja'ed this Vu before :p

MORAL of this story: Be careful what you wish for... it just might come true :)

So funny :p

Ottar

Fledgling Freddie
> LOL I think I deja'ed this Vu before

You forgot the "omg plz n3rf shavages and while ur at it omg plz n3rf pwndancers as well" threads..

Ottar

Ottar

Fledgling Freddie
> I've just started the game, some really nice ideas...

So.. the E3 GW event is over. What did you guys think? To me it looked like french put it.. "extremely possible" :)

Ottar

G

Grizlas

nostalgia just isn't what it used to be

Hi guys,

Long time no see I guess. For some obscure reason, I decided to type my nick into google to see what'd turn up, and then I stumbled upon this forum. Seeing all those familiar nicks brings back memories.

Being a part of Eye of Óðin was the most fun I've had since childhood. During the I was active, I hardly left my apartment and time was passed in front of the screen only interrupted by the occasional bath room break, or by the arrival of Azim. Besides being on a first name basis with the pizzaman, I wore down a chair, and almost my girlfriend, during that period.

But still...

It was a great time for me, and it warms me somehow, to see that i'm not the only one who cherishes memories from that time of innocence. As far as I know, most of us were pretty new at all this MMORPG stuff - at least I was. We didn't even know what we were supposed to do, only that we wanted to form a guild. I remember collecting that crucial first gold piece (or was it silver?) And picking up random fellow adventurers that we'd happen to cross paths with, just so we could form a full group and get that guild up and running.

And then from there it turned into something that I'd never expected. People were really willing to put an extrordinairy effort into something that was bigger than themselves, working together to build some sort of community that didn't really find a focus until later on. From an online perspective, this all seemed completely alien to me who, comming from fps games was used to the exact opposite.

There are so many specific moments that I come to mind....our first time in emain...our first raid..times when i laughed so hard I'd nearly fell out of my chair...times spent waiting for pops and shooting the breeze with all you wonderful people.

Times change of course, and i'm now too burdened by work and school to be able to play any computer game. Some people are able to do a little of everything and be content, but I suppose i'm one of those all or nothing people. I either do it all the way or not at all, and as such i'm currently not able to play any game the way I want to play it. Maybe someday when I get my degree and a job that allows it, I'll don a helmet and brandish a sword once more :) (one of those uber purple ones)

very nice to see all of you again. If anyone has some screenshots from back in the day, I'd really like em (grizgjk@hotmail.com)

Cheers

Grizlas

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Wow, great to hear from you Griz, I still remember when you invited me into EoO (I joined coz of the nice colours on the cloak :p)
Btw, Eroma here (the authentic one)
I'll search my hdd's for some old screenies too

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
St.Anger said:
Wow, great to hear from you Griz, I still remember when you invited me into EoO (I joined coz of the nice colours on the cloak :p)
Btw, Eroma here (the authentic one)
I'll search my hdd's for some old screenies too

mwuahahaha :D

but true, all those yellow/purple cloaks on the ground in Malmo was a nice view.

<waves to Griz>

nice to hear from you again :)

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Please post more of those like kallie did :)

It's fun to see the old screenshots :)

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
i got some eleet DF screenz still of eoo time :d
someone gib webspace

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom