Ottar (Skren, Vares and their friend Uhmer) Missing?

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
meep,that list of names sure bring up some old memories. was a different game back then, much more relaxed :)

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
lol,i haven't posted here in ages.you just can't handle the fact that i'm he sexiest dorf ever in mid :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Retired since 28 Jan 2004
Formally known as

Prydwen
Blejsabambam 8l1 Savage
Blejsii 6l2 Spiritmaster
Blejsarus 6l1 Thane
Blejsisarus 5l2 Shadowblade
Blejsirosa 2l6 Healer

..pardon me but I thought you retired from daoc Blej...?

<Points at the date of his sig>

<Points at his liddul tiny clock on the right side of his screen>

<Hugs Blejs>

Zarff

Fledgling Freddie
hah kalgi that's such a big lie :eek: cutest dwarf in mid was/is Tindel, then me on 2nd place ofc :eek7:

Blood

Fledgling Freddie
he showed up about a week ago, to say hi and pay his house's rent

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Dommelsch said:
Retired since 28 Jan 2004
Formally known as

Prydwen
Blejsabambam 8l1 Savage
Blejsii 6l2 Spiritmaster
Blejsarus 6l1 Thane
Blejsisarus 5l2 Shadowblade
Blejsirosa 2l6 Healer

..pardon me but I thought you retired from daoc Blej...?

<Points at the date of his sig>

<Points at his liddul tiny clock on the right side of his screen>

<Hugs Blejs>

:] I have quit, and just cause i have quit doesnt mean someone else playing them tho... ;)

I miss it sometimes, the community most. Just to chat etc :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
blejs said:
:] I have quit, and just cause i have quit doesnt mean someone else playing them tho... ;)

I miss it sometimes, the community most. Just to chat etc :)

well daoc has been described as 3D irc.... ;)

Ottar

Fledgling Freddie
> so,did he show up yet or is he still M.I.A.?

Hello everyone and nope, I'm pretty much a goner. Subscriptions on both accounts ran out a few weeks ago and I aint renewing them for now.

Played a bit of Planetside with Toi/Kratt. A well designed game.. but I never was much into FPS's. Tinkered a bit with Lineage2 beta.. Pretty graphics but they still seem stuck trying to fix what went wrong in UO instead of embracing faction vs faction PvP.

WoW still seems strangely undecided about PvP in general. The game will probably be pretty and well populated but I have little faith in decent endgame in other forms than faction style PvP and that I believe has to be designed into a game from ground-up. Instead, WoW people speak alot about good questing system. That's confusing.

Then there's Dark and Light. Big world and they talk alot about PvP. Two factions, feudal hierarchies, organized into kingdoms, baronies and such. Apparently some sort of economical management system (a king can tax merchants and hire NPC guards). Then again, reading their dev chat logs, I somehow got serious doubts about what do they actually have. Their supposed release date is 2004, and they still seem to be having trouble with producing a preview of their class/proffession tree. They sure do have large world and can produce videos with flying dragons in them. Dunno. They are real proud about their in-house 3d software that enables them to computer-generate lots of nice virtual landscape. Whether they get anything other than 40,000 square km of landscape done by the time of release, remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, I've played some minesweeper ;)

So, fare well fellow mids. Give hell to albs and hibs.

Ottar

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
SKREN ! My old amg camping buddy :D Come back mate, we miss ya :D

(See siggy if you dont know who i am anymore :p)

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
Our temple of Kemor that we made is not the same without you skren.

hope to see you again someday

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
nice to see you ottar.hope i run into you in some other game one day.
good to hear everything is ok with you anyway :)

Krill

Fledgling Freddie
Ottar said:
Ottar

Bah farewell you old deserter, thanks for some good fun and very good arguments including my all time favourite justification for sticking with a thane rather than levelling a second 50 'Playing a weak class takes more skill'.

Kryin

Fledgling Freddie
Kryin

/target Ottar
/salute
/s Hope to see you in another game :cheers:

Khor

/target Kalgarn
/point
/laugh
/y GIMP!!11!!! :cheers:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ottar said:
> so,did he show up yet or is he still M.I.A.?

Hello everyone and nope, I'm pretty much a goner. Subscriptions on both accounts ran out a few weeks ago and I aint renewing them for now.

<snip>

Ottar

Pffft... all lies, I tell you. Everyone know he just finally went back to Albion, as he was always an Albion spy in the first place... just way to smart to ever really have been a mid... told you ages ago :p

Take care Ottar

/Salute

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
Zarff said:
kryin are you still playing :)?
judging by his sig i would say no... :p

heya kryin,so you're still alive too eh?
finally retired khor when you realised you were to gimped to go on? ;)
nice to hear from you anyway.still miss the old gang somethimes although i don't miss the game at all.maybe we'll run into eachother in some other game.or when you're ever in belgium give me a yell.then we can get drunk together and insult eachother the whole night :D

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
Kalgarn said:

nice to hear from you anyway.still miss the old gang somethimes although i don't miss the game at all.maybe we'll run into eachother in some other game.or when you're ever in belgium give me a yell.then we can get drunk together and insult eachother the whole night :D

Kallie you pass out after smelling orangejuice so you would prob. have to leave the drinking for me and Kryin!

then you go home to :sex: katteh :/

Zarff

Fledgling Freddie
Kalgarn said:

I'll have to whoooop your arse for that kalgi :twak:

Noita

Fledgling Freddie
Oh My! So many "Old Timers" - nice to see you all still alive and well :p - looking forward to revisiting many old frienships in WoW or Guild Wars I guess... would be very nice :)

Love n Hugz n Stuff

Noita
XXX

Ottar

Fledgling Freddie
> looking forward to revisiting many old frienships in WoW or Guild Wars
> I guess... would be very nice

Hey Noita. It will be one big "get together" when WoW goes live I think :)

So, hows US servers?

Btw, just finishing Horizons 7-day free trial. Funny game that.. Community is uber-friendly. Game itself is.. no PvP, lots of well-implemented crafting.. Tolerably good combat engine.. Lots of levelling and no endgame whatsoever.

Folks there talk about player housing like we do here about RvR. Been to a few player towns. They look like lifelike and well-simulated abandoned construction sites :) Also, server stability seems to be something they cant get hang of - during 1 week, there have been 2 major "scheduled maintenance" downtimes, 2 major crashes and 1 rollback.. about half of social activities revolve around inventing amusing wordgames on official forums while waiting for servers to come back up.

Was still worth trying if even olnly for seeing a half-giant cleric dressed in a wierd hat and pink heart-patterned underwear running around in a dungeon, wielding impossibly big hammer. Hows that for fantasy roleplaying? ;)

Ottar

Noita

Fledgling Freddie
Only thing I miss is the community I played with since those end of beta days... nothing else and as most of those guys and grrlz have quit the game...well it would be so nice to turn the clock back

The ONLY problem I have with US servers is that on most of the big ToA Raids you do have to set an alarm clock to play at US "Prime time" or be prepared to be playing from 10/11pm through til 4/5am. Luckily on the server I play on most of the time theres some Euros and a whole bunch of daytime US players so grouping and stuff isnt really an issue.

On the point of patches and no translations... well Mythic arent exactly perfect either... when we get a patch... which seems to happen every 3 - 4 weeks at the moment... there are then the post patch patches to correct the crap the pre-post-patch introduced into the game. So with 4-6 hours downtime in the middle of "EU Primetime" on patch day... then you have usually 3 or 4 days following where servers are also down for 4 - 6 hours in "EU Primetime" making DAoC at the moment only really playable 3 weeks out of 4 for me.

The CS issue is no biggie... I have had 3 or 4 causes to /appeal in the past year and every time I have done so (with one shocking exception) they were dealt with in less than an hour. The exception was with a bugged ML5 Raid.... the CSRs denied there was a bug (mobs not spawning) and fed us a whole line of total bullcrap about faction and shite... we spent almost 2 weeks farming faction and STILL no mobs popped... thanks to the insistance of 1 player (who almost got her account banned for hassling the CSRs) it was found indeed to be a bug... and as soon as a CSR took "ownership" of the issue it was fixed in a matter of hours...so they aint too perfect either but... Im inclined to think that the illustrated incident was very much a one off thing... all in all its much much much better CS wise in US than EU.

So really comes down to what you want from a game...

Patches ... really to be totally honest its a 50/50 call - GOA/Mythic... both have problems
Community... EU wtfpwns US
Customer Service... US wtfpwns EU

Im kind of dabbling in the Ryzom Beta too right now and just chilling really... have my PhD proposal in at the Uni and am waiting for the green (or red) light before I can really make any plans...

Have DLed the Guild Wars client so I can have a peek when it goes (temporarily) live for E3 - could be horrendous cos like a gazillion ppl will be on the servers... but... maybe it will be coos cos most of the game is instanced so... will just have to see...

Dunno what to do about WoW tho... heart says get the EU version when its live but my head says.. look at the problems associated with EU/US versions of DAoC and tells me to go for the US version - difficult call... depends really where ppl like you, kryin, kalgarn go... one things for sure tho...

Dwarf/Warrior OR Paladin/Miner/Engineer4tehwin - any game that allows you to build an exploding mechanical sheep has just got to be worth a go :)

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
Noita said:
Im kind of dabbling in the Ryzom Beta too right now and just chilling really... have my PhD proposal in at the Uni and am waiting for the green (or red) light before I can really make any plans...

DONT ACCEPT A Red light! (if it means bad)

//cheers, insomnia/hemulen

Noita

Fledgling Freddie
Kalgarn :wub: :)

BTW the Guild Wars server is now open as Chodax announced to all in another thread... Ive had the client for some days now and checked it out for an hour b4 going out...

:eek2:

Bit good I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom