Other Catacombs classes revealed-kinda

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry if I missed it, but does it say anywhere that all 3 realms are getting something? I mean perhaps Mythic are finally going to give hib and mid the missing chars we have always wanted. I could be wrong tho (like normal)

The balance thing mentioned, well how about a mid pet spam char, maybe the Vampiir is for us too and spams killer bats or something. Wishful thinking? Its probably an alb lifetapper again, who knows.

Banshee I think would be albions zerk / moose equivalent.

Warlock, well out of the 3, again Id say Mid has the less casters, hib has mostly casters so doesnt need anymore, and alb has its fair share..

Valkyrie are definately Mid,

Whatever they all are, they sound liek more hybrids of some kind. Perhaps the next fotm or maybe the next locked in a closet thane/reaver/necro...

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
Sorry if I missed it, but does it say anywhere that all 3 realms are getting something? I mean perhaps Mythic are finally going to give hib and mid the missing chars we have always wanted. I could be wrong tho (like normal)
1 class to alb, 2 to hib (1 female only) and 2 to mid (1 female only)
Matt Frior said:
Our current plan is to have one "standard" class per Realm in Catacombs, and then Midgard and Hibernia get one extra "special" class. These classes will be limited to females only and are, incidentally, two of the most-requested classes back when we were first designing Camelot that we never implemented.

old.Whoodoo said:
Banshee I think would be albions zerk / moose equivalent.
Already stated that Zealot, evil cleric, will be albs class, so Banshee will prolly be hib.. ;)
Matt Frior said:
I'm happy to say - for the first time in public - that Albion's new class will be called the Zealot. The backstory for this class is that it starts out as a member of the Church of Albion (as an Acolyte), but at 5th level renounces the Church and becomes and adherent of Arawn, the lord of the underworld who was introduced in the Shrouded Isles expansion - and becomes in effect, an evil Cleric

old.Whoodoo said:
Warlock, well out of the 3, again Id say Mid has the less casters, hib has mostly casters so doesnt need anymore, and alb has its fair share..
Well, Warlock doesn't fit in mid, at least not as good as Vampiir and Valkyrie.

Edited for the Frior quotes. ;) Read all here: http://camelotvault.ign.com/?dir=interviews&content=catsept04

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
:twak:

a hero arises !! non zerg one woho..
ofc this is only a dream

Attachments

• 432.jpg
    432.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 86

Ormorof

FH is my second home
perhaps the "normal" classes for mid and hib are an extra stealther? Vampiir being one with lifetap? :p

banshee with some sort of shouts? :D

edit: wonder if mythic have been reading Oro's stories about vampires in midgard though? :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
No offense, but that's the worst logic I've ever heard.
They at least attempt to follow some of the mythology and lore from the norse countries. Valkyries have never been dark... ;)

yes i knew that because i dress like one irl when i- errrrrrrr nm

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
They should give Nightshade another race to use as we only can use 2 races Elves and Lurikeens. In Albion you can use 3 races for Infilrators and 3 races in Midgard for Shadowblades.

Then again if we hibs were able to use Celts or Shars for NS some mids and albs would whine about it.

Anyway i'm looking forward to these new classes, I was talking to my guild before this thread appeared about it would be cool for a Stealther/Caster type class coming to Hibs.

Lethul

FH is my second home
ill say it again, vampiir is not vampire. vampiir is an estonian legend which have alot in common with vampires. but they do not suck blood but suffocating their victims. atleast thats what i have read. but nm me :m00:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Then again if we hibs were able to use Celts or Shars for NS some mids and albs would whine about it.

hey i would rather have troll SB's than valkyn sb's ANY day of the week, doesnt mean im going to get it though :)

Lethania

Fledgling Freddie
but tbh vampire sounds more like a "race" then a class doesn't it?
And banshee's too :p But we already have banshees in Hibby ^^ They are in the Bog and kinda transparent.. wonder if the banshees are anythign like that.. kinda funny tho is you start a Norse woman at at level 5 when you are supposed ot "turn into a vampire" you see some cinematics about your trainer Biting you :D damn that would be cool huh? ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Derric said:
...We could play this game all day.

Yes, unless all 3 realms had exactly the same classes and numbers there could never be truly balanced combat (one reason DAOC RvR was doomed from the outset, it was built on a foundation of imbalance).

And if you just have Red, Blue and Green Teams, why not just play Quake anyway?

Having new and different classes between realms gives this MMORPG a chance to have a more unique character for each realm. If we accept that RvR will never be balanced anyway, then new and different classes is the way to go.

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
well there has been alot of speculation about this. you can also trace back bram stokers writng to a very old fair tail of a lord in Ireland who would only come out at night , and Virgins in the area had a habbit of going missing from time to time. he was to of aledegly had a hankering for blood of wild boar, think this lord lived up near stonehenge too.

thats onther place he got his insparation from... Bram stokers house where he wrote the masterpiece is about a 10 min walk from my house, and i pass it every day on the way to work =)

Um.. Stonehenge is not in Ireland :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
And if you just have Red, Blue and Green Teams, why not just play Quake anyway?

perhaps because Quake is not a mmorpg?

look at lineage 2, all have the same classes availible (about 20 or smt) and no one is whining about a Red, Blue, Green quake issue either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom