Other Catacombs classes revealed-kinda

Frealaf

Fledgling Freddie
Could be a wind-up, but apparently the names of all the new catacombs classes were found by someone in US by opening up a code file in notepad. See below for details:

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=74972487

It seems genuine if only because of the stuff mentioned about female only classes.

The Alb class is the Acolyte and is discussed elsewhere on this forum. The other classes are called: Banshee, Vampire, Warlock and Valkyrie.

Warning-pure speculation:)
Now I'm guessing that the Banshee will be the hib female only and sounds like a stealther/caster type with stunning/damaging screams (shouts). Obviously, the Valkyrie would be the Mid female only and could be anything, although I imagine a Paladin-type class.

Difficult to speculate on the others, although if the Banshee was to be a stealther then Mids could get a Vampire for a 3rd stealther, perhaps with the ability to mezz and lifetap (or have lifetap procs). This would leave the Warlock as another Hib mage type. Alternatively, the Warlock could be pet-spamming class Mids have been longing for!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
banshee: hib stealther with reaver like pbae???
vampire: mid stealther with insta dds???
warlock: hib caster with melee abilities????
valkyrie: paladin look-a-like??

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Interesting...if these are really inside the game.dll file, that is...

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
hmn he says he just opened up the game.dll in notepad, well when i do that i just get shed loads of code and a find doesn't come up with even clasic classes, so not sure where he's getting his ionfo from there.

One thing i did find thought is a little file called 'co-op rules' which contains the following ...

You have chosen to play on one of the servers that Mythic Entertainment has specifically designated as a Cooperative Server. These servers differ from the standard DAoC servers in the following ways:

-No Realm affiliations. Players are free to join groups and guilds with any member of any other Realm. Players of all races can communicate freely with one another.

-No PvP or RvR. All gameplay on this server is in a PvE environment with limited PvP options.

-Relics do not exist on this server. Instead there are many epic-level encounters located in the frontier zones.

-Players can shop at any store, although they can not use items that require skills they don't have. They can, however, sell loot at any store.

-Darkness Falls is open to all players at all times.

-Realm points are awarded to players through alternate advancement tracks.

All rules from the DAoC Rules of Conduct apply to this server. Welcome to the Cooperative Server, and have fun playing Dark Age of Camelot!

probably left over from the original mythic code and just not taken out tho :/

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Ashash Saleem said:
hmn he says he just opened up the game.dll in notepad, well when i do that i just get shed loads of code and a find doesn't come up with even clasic classes, so not sure where he's getting his ionfo from there.

One thing i did find thought is a little file called 'co-op rules' which contains the following ...

You have chosen to play on one of the servers that Mythic Entertainment has specifically designated as a Cooperative Server. These servers differ from the standard DAoC servers in the following ways:

-No Realm affiliations. Players are free to join groups and guilds with any member of any other Realm. Players of all races can communicate freely with one another.

-No PvP or RvR. All gameplay on this server is in a PvE environment with limited PvP options.

-Relics do not exist on this server. Instead there are many epic-level encounters located in the frontier zones.

-Players can shop at any store, although they can not use items that require skills they don't have. They can, however, sell loot at any store.

-Darkness Falls is open to all players at all times.

-Realm points are awarded to players through alternate advancement tracks.

All rules from the DAoC Rules of Conduct apply to this server. Welcome to the Cooperative Server, and have fun playing Dark Age of Camelot!

probably left over from the original mythic code and just not taken out tho :/

I checked the game.dll aswell and there are the classic Classes. You just have to search abit. Btw, our Version doesn't show the new Classes yet.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Vampires? In Midgard? o_O

Well, have to wait and see what Frior says...t'others sound feasible though.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
vampire: mid stealther with insta dds???

I'd guess somthing more along the line of Lifetaps (obviously ;)) and some form of CC. Oh yeah, and stealther - We can only pray for the ability to transform into a bat and fly :D

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
notice its a vampiir not a vampire so im thinking its some sort of semi vemapire class, prolly half human half vamp.... ohhh hope its like blade ;)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Why is everyone taking it for granted that there will be new stealther classes?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Why is everyone taking it for granted that there will be new stealther classes?

Because we want to be there to say "I told you so" ;)

Seriously i'd guess its going on assumption really, the idea with the Catacombs classes is (apparently) to make the other realms more attractive to prospective new players (and old ones who will magically want to give up 2-3yrs worth of work just to play these sexy new classes) - one of the areas both Mid and Hib lack in compared to Albion is stealth.

Of course your right, it is mostly guess-work. But a boy can dream can't he? Won't you let me dream!?!?!

feac

Fledgling Freddie
another stealth class for mid & hib kinda make sense all realms would have 3 stealth classes, thankfully we get 2 extra char slots so no need to delete any chars to test the new ones :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Another stealther class in both Hibernia in Midgard would not be wise.

feac

Fledgling Freddie
:D when have Mythic ever been wise on a launch of a expansion.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Another stealther class in both Hibernia in Midgard would not be wise.

#1 reason stealthers of mid and hib are whining is cuz of the minstrel... since mythic wont take classes or speclines away it is most likely they will simply add a stealther/caster hybrid to the other 2 realms...

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
But following that logic, you would also have to add a fighter to Albion and Hibernia, and another support to Albion and Midgard. The Skald has superior weapon skills, the Bard has support spells and the Minstrel has stealth. The Skald is a Viking, the Minstrel is a Rogue and the Bard is a Naturalist.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
just wondering why people presume banshees will b hib and vampiir mid? is there any "mythical" reason for this? i would love a vampiir class in mid (just seriously hope it isnt too overpowered, coz id love a stealther balance) i wreckon banshee will b a hybrid caster with savage sum sorta duel wield skill (maybe like savage, spec 1 line and strong swinging 2 weapons) and 1.5 spec points or summit :D.

vampiir i can c having

thrust (a weapon i feel midgard needs/wants)
Vampiir spells - such as lifetap, mezz and maybe sum sorta pet/maybe sum sorta shape shift
and then stealth

(with ofcourse axe/sword weapon lines also in there)

wonder what these 5 classes rr5 RA will b :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
But following that logic, you would also have to add a fighter to Albion and Hibernia, and another support to Albion and Midgard. The Skald has superior weapon skills, the Bard has support spells and the Minstrel has stealth. The Skald is a Viking, the Minstrel is a Rogue and the Bard is a Naturalist.

that is different, in the stealther scene each realm has a archer and assassin, the minstrel is unique and a source of whine from mid and hib...

like mythic stated; they design their classes based on realm balancing population wise, they might add a new stealther to both to pull people away from the 'infil and minstrel fotmness', and mythic knows albs have much more stealthplayers in general...
it would be logical from a devs point of view... (tho i think whatever they make will be a screw-up anyway)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
What I see happening is them making a stealther that unlike the Minstrel, is a pure stealther, and one that cannot get groups. Most Minstrels will run in a group given the option, so this will probably fuck things about if it is the case.

Lethul

FH is my second home
The Estonians do not have a very developed belief in vampires. The type that seems to be the most domestic is the one called Vampiir. It torments people by lying on them and suffocating them. It does not drink blood. According to Felix Oinas (p. 54) it is most likely that the blood sucking vampire; Veripard (blood beard) or Vere-imeja (blood sucker); was ‘imported’ from their neighbours.

^^^^^^^^ that could make some pretty intressting styles :p and if vampiir is a estonian legend then , i guess it would fit better in to midgard than hibernia

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
What I see happening is them making a stealther that unlike the Minstrel, is a pure stealther, and one that cannot get groups. Most Minstrels will run in a group given the option, so this will probably fuck things about if it is the case.

at least they will be good in stealth... take the valewalker or necro for example, they have no spot in rvr at all...

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
the vampiir might not be a stealther, im seeing potential for a reaver-esque hybid, insta lifetaps debuffings auras ect :)

Sigurd

Banned
I can confirm that, in the US version TOA game.dll, the following exists:

Warlock Vampiir Forester Valewalker Animist Stalker Naturalist Guardian Magician Ranger Nightshade Bard Druid Warden Champion Hero Blademaster Mentalist Enchanter Eldritch Banshee Seer Mystic Viking Valkyrie Zealot Savage Berserker Bonedancer Runemaster Shaman Spiritmaster Healer Hunter Skald Shadowblade Warrior Thane Disciple Reaver Mage Rogue Acolyte Elementalist Fighter Cabalist Necromancer Mercenary Friar Infiltrator Sorcerer Wizard Cleric Theurgist Minstrel Scout Armsman Paladin

Of course, it could just be a joke or something (vampires? get a grip, where's our bloody werewolves!) but I don't see why Mythic, being american, would waste their time doing that when they could be busily voting Bush out.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Sigurd said:
(vampires? get a grip, where's our bloody werewolves!)
All over Skona Ravine, Varulvhamn (werewolf haven) and Askheim

Sigurd

Banned
Obviously, as a player-race :rolleyes: I'd love a werewolf toon - the battlycry would be "Hwarr! You not can be here!"

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Obviously, as a player-race :rolleyes: I'd love a werewolf toon - the battlycry would be "Hwarr! You not can be here!"
In varulvhamn when they die they say " Bite ....... me.."

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
The type that seems to be the most domestic is the one called Vampiir. It torments people by lying on them and suffocating them.

Bring on the new troll class! :flame:

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
"We are the wolves of the deep caves, we are strong and we are brave!"

Vampires? Oh god, it'll be mascara wearing angsty blimps sighted over Aegirhamn next :(

Seriously though, surely this is a joke. Banshees and valkyries I can cope with, vampires argh and warlocks sound a bit dodgy....theres no suggestion they are going to be male only, which is surely the *point* of warlocks. Otherwise they're a witch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom