Origin

Nate

FH is my second home
Windows Live tried this, it's shit. EA won't do any better then that, it'll be a lot more bloatware then what Valves come up with.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am surprised one of the more established online distribution companies haven't come up with one.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Most people don't want to install multiple platforms and most people already have a lot of games/friends on steam so I can't see any new platform making much of an impact

dysfunction

FH is my second home
hmmm...Interesting.

I like having everything in one place ie on Steam.
I'm certainly not going to be installing another download steam wannabe store.

They have lost me as a customer already. Not that it matters to them but it could do if many people do the same thing...

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
It isn't really though is it?

The price difference more than makes up for the convenience.

You pay like £5 more to buy your game while scratching your arse over your morning coffee, a few hours later you are playing your recent purchase.

Who the fuck cares about high street game shops theses days? Who really wants to wair 2-3 days for Play.com or whoever to get around to delivering your game, Who wants to rummage through cupboards and drawers when they fancy playing an older game?

Steam is the current and the future, personally I welcome competition...but competition from EA is just going to be terrible.

This. I have enough crap in my house, don't need another 100 game boxes laying around. Plus, :effort: when nostalgia hits you and you wanna re-install that special game - with Steam, you just re-download it.

Digital age, boys.

Agree they are taking the piss with pricing, but it's fast, convenient and flexible. Well worth the 5 pound difference.

Who doesn't feel like a kid in a candy store when Steam has their deals for packs or producer games? It's like "OMG, ALL THQ GAMES FOR 40 quid!". Get that in a physical store, I dare ya.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Who doesn't feel like a kid in a candy store when Steam has their deals for packs or producer games? It's like "OMG, ALL THQ GAMES FOR 40 quid!". Get that in a physical store, I dare ya.

What if I'm not a mug who impulse buys games just because they're cheap?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
It's not impulse - See my relevant example (THQ pack). It's a good deal, for a good pack of games (mostly). Pretty sure there are other good examples.

What if you didn't troll though?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm more than happy with the service I get from steam, and won't be using any alternative system or buying games on it so that's lost sales from me if it happens

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
What if I'm not a mug who impulse buys games just because they're cheap?
I bought the box copy of Left4Dead from Amazon because the pre-order price was £6 less than the Steam new price.

Steam have a Christmas Sale each year and they have some damn fine reductions and packs. In December I spent about £42 on the following:
Blur, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Gridrunner Revolution, Gravitron 2, FEAR complete pack, Lucasarts Jedi Knight bundle, Hitman collection

If you only buy games when they're on promotion or reduction then it becomes worthwhile.

And if EA make the download version of Mass Effect 3 an Origin exclusive, then there WILL be rage.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gamesindustry.biz have a really good article up on the subject. Think I can get away with a copy and paste? Main site is members only, so a link won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom