Order posible 6 men setups

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Remember at the moment, the only stats that healers need to get is ini,toughness and wounds

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
having 1 class protect the healers isnt gonna help if said healer gets called primary by your enemies (and its the first thing they will get).

healers, while having decent survivability in a 1v1 game WILL die if they get more then 1 player mashing at it. and if even 1 of the enemies thats attacking it have a -50% heal effect ability to use, not even 2 healers will save that 1.

and iirc, ALOT of classes will have that ability in end game along with detaunt immunity tactics. which is why 6v6 "setups" is pretty much doomed to fail because there wont be a setup that can protect the healers well enough. sure, "guard" helps i suppose but i very much doubt it in the long run.

"hold the line" ability of the IB is great for defending teammates. Especially against grouped attacks.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
After running open rvr and having some 6v6 (yes all lvl 40's) :

AM
RP
BW
SM (defensive)
IB (training with WL - enables WL to use loner)
WL

or

AM
RP
WP
BW
IB
WL

Need 2 primary healers, WP + healer isnt sufficient it seems. WH might be okay as mdps, however WE die far too easy and i'm guessing its the same with WH.

We are running that 2nd setup. AM+RP heals+some CC BW pure dmg+roots. WP WL do dmg+off heals IB freelance with snares+dmg oath friend on WP or WL for survival/grudge building.

Full 2 h spec on IB, does VERY nice dmg and can keep 2 targets more or less perma snared:)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I think you have to include a engineer for the Electromagnet skill. combined with BW it will be a pretty deadly combo.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Sm is pretty viable as defensive tank and no matter what if anything lower than 3 tanks trash you and your healer to hell without a single breath, there's something wrong in how you play the class, Taunt, MultiTaunts, Knockbacks and Morale Abilities all help to keep you and him up, while the rest of the group rampages if the MA calls good and Dps do their part.
Having a BWs now and then aoe rooting helps also (that said Sm got aoe root by himself).
It's all a matter of knowing what skill to use and to time em right, lately they turn to me frustrated after the 1st tank dies and they begin to wonder how comes it takes time to trash me also (hey Aethyric Armor i love you).

It's another story ofc if you are facing a warband of 2 groups with a 6 men tank group train on you both -.-

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Last night we played as:

Swordmaster
Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard
Witch Hunter
Warrior Priest
Archmage

Won 10, lost 2. Played more than a few against guild pre's similar to ours too, so I'm quite pleased how we did. This setup lends itself well to all out DPS but is quite fragile if engaged in melee. My job (Swordmaster) mainly involved slowing targets long enough for the BW's to either nuke or get out of the way.
In most of the games our BW's were 1 and 2 on the damage chart and our Archmage was top of the healing. Moral of the story: Bright Wizards are only any good if left alone, we lost the games where we didn't look after them.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Atm nothing beats EM Engineer

The setup i've run a few times is:

AM
RP/WP
BW
BW
SM
EN

We won all the scenarios we played 500 - 100 at T3.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
People seem to think Runepriests are purely for healing - I play mine as a healer first but I'm also there to look after the casters, knockback and snare off my DOT helps a heck of a lot.

Runepriest lack in DPS but they've far more utility to them than people seem to realise!

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
People seem to think Runepriests are purely for healing - I play mine as a healer first but I'm also there to look after the casters, knockback and snare off my DOT helps a heck of a lot.

Runepriest lack in DPS but they've far more utility to them than people seem to realise!

I think all of the classes are generaly a bit missunderstood by people who dont play them atm :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
dont know why people arent using white lions, with the pet they outdamage a SM

Tank

RP
RP
IB - defence
SM - defence/offence
WL/WH
WL/WH

Caster:
RP
AM
IB
BW
BW
EN

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
having 2 of the same classes in a group is just dull..

RM
WP
SM/engineer
IB
Kotbs
wizzy

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I have not tried this yet, and am not sure it would work, but I suspect WPs will make it possible to have strong all-melee groups. Having a front line and back line seems like an unnecessary liability if you can have your healers on the frontline with you safely.

Something like:

WP
WP
WH
WH
IB
IB

The IBs guard the WPs and OF the WHs. The idea is that as long as you move as a unit, everyone in the group will be pretty hard to kill. Your DPS is not as high as BW groups, but it should be high enough, combined with the soft CC IBs and WHs get, to take down just about anything with very simple (and therefore low risk) tactics.

Just a theory. Anyone tried something like this?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I have not tried this yet, and am not sure it would work, but I suspect WPs will make it possible to have strong all-melee groups. Having a front line and back line seems like an unnecessary liability if you can have your healers on the frontline with you safely.

Something like:

WP
WP
WH
WH
IB
IB

The IBs guard the WPs and OF the WHs. The idea is that as long as you move as a unit, everyone in the group will be pretty hard to kill. Your DPS is not as high as BW groups, but it should be high enough, combined with the soft CC IBs and WHs get, to take down just about anything with very simple (and therefore low risk) tactics.

Just a theory. Anyone tried something like this?

Actually this sounds like a nice idea. Don't forget that the tricks that WPs can bring in the frontline can be quite welcome.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
Actually this sounds like a nice idea. Don't forget that the tricks that WPs can bring in the frontline can be quite welcome.

if Im on my WP and I get in a team that allows me to be on the frontline to smite I will be able to heal more than any other healer :eek:

Martok

Part of the furniture
ive been playing my warrior priest a pritty weird way ive been told since i acturly stay back instead of charging in.

I heal primary single target heals and put tics on them. I then take the pets off the casters / other healers but i dont charge in on the front line not unless im in a tank heavy group.

im sure at 40 my play style will change but at the moment this is what ive found a 2h WP is good at.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
ive been playing my warrior priest a pritty weird way ive been told since i acturly stay back instead of charging in.

I heal primary single target heals and put tics on them. I then take the pets off the casters / other healers but i dont charge in on the front line not unless im in a tank heavy group.

ditto, but I allso cast group heals if 2 or more ppl in my group is hurt. :)

I was thinking about a group setup the other day tho:

WL
WL
IB
IB
WP
RP

both the WP and the RP are pretty survivable, moreso together and the idea is that the IBs are going to help the WLs surivie in the fray, while the WP and RP kinda hang back, and ofc the WLs can jump back to kill any WE or other softies on the healers. I think it would work :)

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
IB - brotherhood
WL - hunter
WP - grace / salv
RP - grimnir / valaya
BW - conflag /immo
Engi - 'nades

AOE group

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Erm, I thought of this setup looks pretty cool Imho.

Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard
White Lion
Warrior Priest
Rune Priest
Ironbreaker?/Swordmaster?

have an offensive Brightwizard and ironbreaker along with the Warrior priest, Rune priest in the general middle, and the White Lion with a Bright Wizard at the back of this, White Lion pulls in their classes one at a time, and maybe ( don't know if they have it ) stun them, whilst the Bright Wizard takes them out! The bright wizard at the front is Gandalf, saying You Will Not Pass! =]

:clap:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Make sure the WP in the front is Grace spec, and you wont have to worry about frontline heals either

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom