Order posible 6 men setups

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Since theres a similar thread in the destro forum, i thought it would be interesting to share our views of 6 men setups for order.

Here is my 1st approach:

Runepriest
Warriorpriest
Brightwizard
Brightwizard
Archmage
Ironbreaker

Caster orientated :)

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
My 6 man setup is the only setup I can roll with. We don't have anyone else in the guild yet :D

1: Swordmaster - 2 hander, speccing damage
2: Ironbreaker - axe + shield, speccing toughness
3: Witch Hunter
4: Archmage
5: Archmage
6: Engineer

We have been doing pretty well actually, although we do lack ranged DPS. Currently learning to call targets (normally healers 1st) and gang-nuke them.

Can warbands join a scenario queue, or does it have to be parties only?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
My 6 man setup is the only setup I can roll with. We don't have anyone else in the guild yet :D

1: Swordmaster - 2 hander, speccing damage
2: Ironbreaker - axe + shield, speccing toughness
3: Witch Hunter
4: Archmage
5: Archmage
6: Engineer

We have been doing pretty well actually, although we do lack ranged DPS. Currently learning to call targets (normally healers 1st) and gang-nuke them.

Can warbands join a scenario queue, or does it have to be parties only?

I like this setup retty much... Engineer seems nice, for aoe root around your healers, no?

3 guns in the front to assist on the same target, sounds very nice too :)
just a hint, you know there's an assist button right? You only have to update it every time you enter the scenario, as everyone gets mixed up every time you join.
that's at least how my group does it ;)

Personally I would LIKE TO TRY

1 Ironbreaker - S/S
1 Swordsmaster - 2 handed dmg spec
1 Witch Hunter - plain melee dmg...
1 Warrior Priest - hangin around near the other melee, while doing those funky healing abilities while dealing damage at the same time! :D
1 Archmage - healing generaly, and assisting if possible on the main target
1 Runepriest - pure healing ;)

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Engineer seems nice, for aoe root around your healers, no?

You would have to ask him, I have no idea what Engineers can do yet :p

I've been playing on my Shadow Warrior alt and some of the tricks they can do are fecking sweet. We have a dedicated Shad Warr incoming to our guild in 2 weeks time, he just needs to buy a new PC first.

1 Ironbreaker - S/S
1 Swordsmaster - 2 handed dmg spec
1 Witch Hunter - plain melee dmg...
1 Warrior Priest - hangin around near the other melee, while doing those funky healing abilities while dealing damage at the same time!
1 Archmage - healing generaly, and assisting if possible on the main target
1 Runepriest - pure healing

I personally would ditch the Swordmaster for a ranged class, but for full on close combat nastyness thats a pretty good team, they'd also be good in defense during a keep seige :)

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
hmm I would have to say:

1. Runepriest - Focus on healing
2. Archmage - Healing/Dmg
3. Swordmaster
4. Bright Wizard
5. Witch Hunter
6. Swordmaster/Ironbreaker - I think having a second tank is important

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ironbreaker
Ironbreaker
Rune Priest
Archmage
Warrior Priest
Bright Wizard

I hate set groups, but this is what i'd run if i was into that sort of thing.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Our Witch Hunter has decided they are rubbish (he got bundled in scenarios and didn't like it) so he's rolled Warrior Priest and thinks they're fab. Therefore, our new 6 man setup will probably be:

1: Ironbreaker - specced defense
2: Swordmaster - me, specced 2 handed melee
3: Warrior Priest - side by side with the Ironbreaker
4: Archmage - to save my arse
5: Engineer
6: Shadow Warrior/White Lion (depending who's online)

As long as our target calling is on the ball we should do pretty well. Ultimately though I'm easy on the team build as long as we have at least 1 healer and 1 tank.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Got an engineer up and running.

Played against the root and it is annoying. Anyone got a view of the effectiveness of the flashbangs ?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Iron Breaker (defense S/S spec)
Iron Breaker ( 2 Handed DPS)
Witch hunter
Swordmaster
Brigthwizard
Runepriest

Zede

Part of the furniture
Keep Defence Grp :

Rune Priest
Rune Priest
Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard

You know its gonna happen !

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
We've been thinking of all kinds of setups.

Mostly I've ended up with:

Runepriest
Archmage
Ironbreaker
3 x BW

or

Runepriest
Archmage
Ironbreaker
White Lion
Witch Hunter
Warrior Priest

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Keep Defence Grp :

Rune Priest
Rune Priest
Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard
Bright Wizard

You know its gonna happen !
swap 2 wizzies for engineers
turrets, landmines, ae dmg and not as fragile as a wiz

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
what about white lion? dont the outdps SM ? :eek:

White Lions are fab, they can do massive DPS. There don't seem to be many on our server though, and we only have 1 in our guild who's rarely online.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
We are running:

Rune priest. Heals, buffs, some CC
Arch mage, heals some dmg
Warr priest, heals+ok dmg runs in "train"
Bright wizz, dmg dmg and aoe root/snare
Iron breaker. Ok dmg good at negating their dmg
white lion. Dmg+heal debuff+anti CC abilities.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
I like this one:

front:
Swordmaster 2-h - dmg infront
Warrior-Priest - dmg + heals in front
White Lion - dps, pet, anti cc

back:
Swordmaster/IB s/s - def at casters
Archmage - for teh heals / passives
Bright Wizzard - ranged dps

If u play your rotation correct, u definitly do not need two healers in war.
Not with the passives there are.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
If u play your rotation correct, u definitly do not need two healers in war.
Not with the passives there are.

Care to elaborate? Two Maras would be prolly enough to trash the Arch Mage and the one guarding him with no additional heals.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Care to elaborate? Two Maras would be prolly enough to trash the Arch Mage and the one guarding him with no additional heals.

2 Maras don't trash Sm + Am combo any easy dude.
Tho i prefer the 2 healers combo RP + AM.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i would say this for the engineer as my main (level 21 rr18) the tools they get are pretty handy when played correctly.

Personally the landmine is far far better than flashbang for interupts because of the knockdown. followed up with the flash bang and thats some long term interupts.

the aoe root and the flame turret are also pretty funky for pbaoe off the turret keeps the stealthers away from your support and means they cant do that stupid AF bypass high dps kill stuff.

an engineer i think works better with one or more engineers working as a firing squad or working with the brightwizzards for the insta dots and grenades.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
White Lions are fab, they can do massive DPS. There don't seem to be many on our server though, and we only have 1 in our guild who's rarely online.

I played white lion in open beta, got to level 14 and lost interest. I think it was mainly becuase the tier 2 zones were empty for pve. WL is hard until you get the better abilities, but on Hirn I have seen 2 or 3 regular WL players on mourkain -and the lion is a powerfull ally to have on your team.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture

Elaboration;):

If you use this:

front:
Swordmaster 2-h - dmg infront
Warrior-Priest - dmg + heals in front
White Lion - dps, pet, anti cc

back:
Swordmaster/IB s/s - def at casters
Archmage - for teh heals / passives
Bright Wizzard - ranged dps

You got an assist train in front who has the ability to guard itself properly while maintaining dps and interuptions with pet / WL can even go on its own. Make sure you push the enemy back and get them split. Wich is quite easy in this game. In the back an archmage is usually the first to get agro from enemy assist trains. Most likely not the ranged because its under fire of your own assist train.

With an s/s you get guard + other ability's witch reduce the dmg big time. You receive several instants as an AM, detaunt heals etc etc.
You'll survive two tanks easy. And because of the dps in front their train most likely wont receive much healing of destros ranged support. and theirs the brightwiz wich can box for pbaoe's or nuke big time on the train.

The Warrior Priest can give nice healings to the front, and if needed AM can reach it too.

Well that is how i see groups running.

[edit: however, still all early to be sure, i think we're all right somewhere:p]

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Last night we played with:

Swordmaster
Engineer
Engineer
Archmage
Archmage
Warrior Priest

I was calling targets on TS and we bundled them. Was 4-2 in scenarios, bearing in mind we are all level 11-13 except me who's level 16 (SM) and most of the opposition was level 18+. The main thing to focus on is tactics and target calling, so actually group make up isn't that important beyond a healer and a tank imho.

Had a lot of fun :clap:

Tar-Aldarion

Fledgling Freddie
Talking most about types of class and not classes,

Pure Healer
Support healer/DPS
Range DPS
Stealther or melee DPS
Offensive tank (2h)
Defensive tank (S+1h)

Well, Defensive tank staying back with healers and Range DPS, Offensive tank with melee DPS and/or support healer picking targets, with offensive tank being target picker for assisting by the DPSers.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
After running open rvr and having some 6v6 (yes all lvl 40's) :

AM
RP
BW
SM (defensive)
IB (training with WL - enables WL to use loner)
WL

or

AM
RP
WP
BW
IB
WL

Need 2 primary healers, WP + healer isnt sufficient it seems. WH might be okay as mdps, however WE die far too easy and i'm guessing its the same with WH.

I

Imme

RP
AM
IB (more viable for protecting the healers then SM)
BW
WL
ENGI

or the more childish one...

Electromagnet every 10s along with barbw/firecage spamm and all BW's on AOE builds. RP AOE heal specced.

RP
ENGI
ENGI
BW
BW
BW

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
having 1 class protect the healers isnt gonna help if said healer gets called primary by your enemies (and its the first thing they will get).

healers, while having decent survivability in a 1v1 game WILL die if they get more then 1 player mashing at it. and if even 1 of the enemies thats attacking it have a -50% heal effect ability to use, not even 2 healers will save that 1.

and iirc, ALOT of classes will have that ability in end game along with detaunt immunity tactics. which is why 6v6 "setups" is pretty much doomed to fail because there wont be a setup that can protect the healers well enough. sure, "guard" helps i suppose but i very much doubt it in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom