Order players.. what would make your ideal rvr team?

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Remember it's not all PB aoe, a lot of it is ranged aoe and you could get one MA BW to select the healer/support pack and then all three simply nuke the crap out of them all at range, then mop-up the remaining melee :)

agreed but i was talking about a pbaoe group :p for nice ranged aoe on BW you spec a different line to the pbaoe so my point still stands :p

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Fiery Blast (ranged AE) & Rain of Fire (Radius AE) are both in the same spec line as Scorched Earth..

Numpty :p

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
But from our time during the beta this was the setup we not only enjoyed but felt was most effective in pve and rvr.

That's my point,BW's are quite powerfull right now and don't see many reasons to take say WH or SW instead.

Apparently they made them overpowered on purpose and are tweaking them down but we shall see.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Where are all these shadow warriors coming from :p

From what I gathered they are pretty weak especially in melee (besides looking cool in the recent Vid).

Shadow warriors are quite far from being weak. They have fantastic dps on a single target (their AoE is pathetic though as you'd expect from an archer), and with a double armour buff in skirmish mode have enough survivability in melee for a range class (much better than BW or Engineer anyway). They also have some fantastic abilites in the form of silences and healing debuffs. If you want to take out enemy healers, let your Shadow warrior go nuts on them. Thats why i opted for one in my group set up. Shadow warrior gives enemy healers more than enough to think about while your group does its work.

Its not worth replacing BW's with 2 SW, but if you can slot one in, its worth it for the utility.

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
I would have thought that mixing up the healing is a good thing rather than just sticking to say X2 rp.

In regards to putting a WP in a grp i cant make my mind up. If specd they can have a nice grp hot and grp shield, and a tactic that can add a remove hex effect to several of the heals. Yes the mechanic is a pain in the ass but if you are fighting a ton of melee i don't think range is always gonna be possible.

2 healers are easily tied down but a 3rd(wp) will add much more survivability but reduce the grps dps output. Is it worth it? dunno, we will see in a month or so.

For me i would go, if all on comms.

AM
RP
IB
BW
BW
SW

This would have to be very mobile and NOT based on pbae cos one Concussive Jolt will put a serious spanner in the works.

Zaagazug

Fledgling Freddie
I believe you are underestimating the engineers ability for fight control - they have single target silence, AE knock-down, AE snare and AE root. That means that they are the most cc capable class on the Order side. Do not leave home without one :)

Since I will play one I might be biased but...

pichal

Fledgling Freddie
what about Swordmasters, i haven't seen it in any setup... are they that bad in groups?

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
what about Swordmasters, i haven't seen it in any setup... are they that bad in groups?

They awesome,just that Order meleegroups are pretty lacking compared to Destro ones and not many people think they need an offensive tank in a grp with RDPS since they are much more offensive focused than IB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom