Order from Bahamut... AT YOUR PERIL

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
What i'm saying is... hes not an honest, decent crafter.. so take your business elsewhere really, that is all.

Well he WAS honest - he told you he made one etc. Whether you agree with his policy is another matter. Personally, I would say that if paying per retry be clear beforehand on the terms, and if you wish then also ask to see each retry. That clears up any doubts or suspicions (or as much as is possible).

A

Annouk

thats the way the game works tho, ppl know this sort of thing happens so they should check with the crafter first whether they will get the offer of any higher quality items made in the process.

Since the crafter has no way of knowing how many retries it will take i think its unfair to say thats its dumb stupid and idiotic for the MP to cost less than the 99% piece when thats just the luck of the draw if u are not paying a set price.

O

old.Kian

Probably the reason I work on a fixed price basis myself - saves arguments (apart from the idiots arguing over the price... no I can't guarantee MP weapons for 1.5 plat unless I want to spend the rest of the week cash-farming to subsidise greedy tossers' desire for cheap weapons :) )

However, when I do work on a per-retry basis, I've always understood a 99% order to ve 99%+. On per retry, you're guaranteed a reward proportional to the time it actually takes, so it's not as if you end up actually out of pocket on the deal, and you get a happy customer. Reputation is EVERYTHING for a crafter, get a name for screwing people over and watch the orders dry up.

B

bahamuts

the reason I told I got mp was because we talked of that I cant get mp on orange items only on yellows, and then I got mp it was like OMG(thats was what I said) didnt think it was a problem as he asked for a 99% not 100%. well we all make mistakes. daws got a 99% from me for the almost production price of 3 retries now

B

bahamuts

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
then he logs off, gets his alt (presumably storage char) and puts his MP on that. Now because I complain he says he has put me on ignore and won't even make me a 99% one ...

Oh well... just have to get LGM myself.

sorry for that :)

was loging alt to get around 10 af 102 99% chain gloves to it, the armor was still on bahamut.

then everyone started spaming me so I puted you on ignore list to lose some whineing, your not on it anymore :)

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by Tyka
I wonder how many times things like this have happened, not saying Bahamut did a wrong that as i got no opinion on the whole thing but.

If you ask a crafter to make a MP hauberk and he says he got it on the 150th retry, how many being honest..
I would never .....
honestly....

:rolleyes:

K

kirennia

In all honesty, it depends on the craftersd pricing policy. My 99% chain is all cost price, if I however get a MP then tough shit, I'm keeping it cause that is the only place I will make profit on. I do however have fixed prices all the way through.

Others do pay-per-retry

Others do fixed but have the MP if I get ity but pay extra....its down to the crafter.

Simple way to sort it out is to settle it properly with the crafter before you start doing it.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Jiggs
they should have like a ding animation when u make a MP
It'd be nice but I cant see it ever happening.

Until then just dont buy stuff from people you cant trust, its not as if theres any shortage of crafters around these days.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
I would never .....
honestly....

:rolleyes:
Of course you wouldnt - at your old prices noone could afford 150 MP attempts :p

S

Silenzio

Sorry to Everyone For the long long post =)

But abraxis was in need ov it :)

Originally posted by [AoP]Abra

"unkind person..."

unkind
adj. nasty, cruel, unfriendly, inconsiderate

person
n. human being; individual human; body of a human

"n even not clerver person"...

n = and
conj. with, together with; also, too

even
v. become even; make even; make level, smooth; balance
adv. yet, still
adj. smooth, straight, level; parallel; equal; uniform; consistent; calm, not easily excited or angered; fair; able to be divided exactly by two (Mathematics)

not
adv. no; not even; to no degree at all

clever
wise, shrewd; sharp, witty

"if u get an order then u r working for that ppl"

if
n. possibility; supposition; condition
conj. in the event that; whether; in the case of; would that; despite; on the condition that; provided that; when

u=you
pron. pronoun which replaces the name of the person or persons being addressed (2nd person, singular and plural)

get
v. receive; obtain; purchase; take; understand; be infected (with a disease); arrive; come; become; cause; bring; persuade

an
indefinite article used before a word which starts with a vowel

then
adv. afterwards
n. at the same time
adj. therefore

r= are /be
v. exist; occur, happen; occupy a position or place

work
v. labor; act; operate; activate; process; succeed; cause; manage; solve; advance with difficulty
working
adj. laboring; of work; useful, practical
n. acting; mode of action; operation; activation; processing; solving; advance through great effort; fermenting

for
conj. because, on account of, due to the fact that
prep. to; in order to; in favor of; about, regarding; because; during, during the span of; in consideration of; on

that
adj. pronoun used to indicate a specific person or thing
pron. pronoun used to indicate a specific person or thing
conj. in order for
adv. to such a degree

ppl (people)
n. humans, folks, persons, group of individual humans (Internet Slang)

"if u get a mp... the customare u were working for"

a
first letter of the English alphabet; indefinite article used with nouns

mp= master pice Game term (100% qua crafted item)

the
definite article used to specify one person or item in particular

were=be

"is atleast 1° in the buyer list"

is=be

at least
at the lowest, not less than; however, anyways

1° =First
first
adj. being ahead of all others; initial, beginning
n. person or thing which is first; beginning; first gear, low gear; first place (in a race or competition); highest grade in an examination; one who received this grade (British)
adv. initially; at the beginning; previously; for the first time; foremost, before all else

in
adv. to, toward, into; within; inside; at home; in power; in style (Slang); in season (of fruit or vegetables)
prep. into; within; inside; inward
adj. internal; incoming; current, fashionable, popular; influential, powerful; abundant, plentiful
n. member of the ruling political party; influential or powerful person; influence, connections

buyer
n. purchaser, shopper

list
v. write or print a series of names or items according to a certain order, make a list; inscribe, record; lean to one side (Nautical)
n. series of names or items written or printed according to a certain order, roll, roster, inventory; edge, border (especially of cloth); strip, band; instance of leaning over to one side (Nautical)

"u can overcharge a bit but... fff at 3d retry overprice is just lame"

can
v. preserve in jars, preserve in cans (of food)
v. able; capable; entitled
n. tin, aluminum container; jail, prison

overcharge
v. overprice; fill a battery or circuit with an excessive amount of electrical charge; overload, overfill; exaggerate
n. excessive price; act of charging and excessive price

bit (binary digit)
n. single basic unit of information (Computers)
bit
n. small piece; small coin; drill; part of the bridle in a horses mouth
bite
v. grip with the teeth; take bait, eat a lure

but
conj. however, yet
adv. only; barely
prep. besides, except
n. if; condition; opposition; limitation
v. say "but", make excuses, protest

3d=third
adj. next after the second; being one of 3 equal parts
n. number 3 in a series; one part of three equal parts, 1/3

retry
v. hold a new trial; reattempt, try again

overprice
v. price too high

just
n. joust, battle between two knights on horseback
adj. fair, equitable; correct; suitable, appropriate, proper; deserved; exact, precise; genuine, real
adv. at this moment; exactly, precisely; almost; only; barely, scarcely; really

lame
crippled, handicapped, disabled or deformed (especially of a leg or foot); injured, defective; ineffectual, unconvincing, weak; not fashionable, unsophisticated (Slang)
lamer
n. stupid person, fool, idiot (Slang)

"u got luck he got luck"

got=get
v. receive; obtain; purchase; take; understand; be infected (with a disease); arrive; come; become; cause; bring; persuade

luck
n. fortune; fate; success, good fortune

he
adj. male
pron. used in place of a name to indicate a male (third person singular)

"just enjoy it n dont be lame"

enjoy
v. have fun, get pleasure from

it
pron. used to indicate something of uncertain gender (animal, object, abstraction, etc.) which has not yet been mentioned or has just been mentioned; used to indicate an action; used as a subject without an agent

don't (do not)
v. contraction used with a pronoun in a question (i.e. Don't we look nice?); no!, command prohibiting something (i.e. Don't touch)
don't
n. prohibition, something which is not allowed

"2p for 3d retrice pice is more than enough not accepting is even more sight ov a sad person..."

2p = 2 platinum in game Money

retrice= mistyped retry

price
v. give a cost to something, determine a price
n. cost; value; worth; rate, measure

more
adv. to a greater degree; additionally; further; again
adj. larger in quantity; in additional amounts; extra; greater in number, larger in size; further; greater in degree
n. larger quantity; additional amount; greater degree

enough
adj. sufficient, adequate
n. adequate amount, sufficient degree
adv. quite, sufficiently, fairly
interj. stop it!, that's sufficient!, no more!
pron. sufficient or adequate amount

accepting
n. receiving; consenting; tolerating
accept
v. receive; agree, consent

sight
v. see with the eyes, view; notice, discern; observe, look at carefully; locate in a viewfinder; equip with a viewfinder; direct, aim
n. vision, ability to see; look, glimpse; spectacle; viewfinder; range of view; point of view; ridiculous appearance

ov= slang of

sad
unhappy, morose, full of grief; distressing, depressing; sorrowful, gloomy; regrettable, rueful

eventho ... good to know u such crafter
one more to add on the not order list

good
adj. excellent; pleasant; pleasurable; decent; valid; well-behaved; in fine condition; competent, skilled; positive; having admirable moral values
n. benefit, asset; something positive; virtue, decency, honor
adv. nice, excellent, of high quality

to
adv. toward the previous condition; in accordance with; in honor of; for the good health of (during a toast with drinks)
prep. toward; for; in contrast with; in order to

know
v. have knowledge of; be acquainted with; understand; distinguish; be aware of
n. state of knowing, knowledge

crafter= game slang for
n. artist, creator; craftsman, skilled workman

one
adj. being 1 in number; single; same, unified; only; happening at a particular unspecified time in the past (or future)
n. number 1; particular person or thing
pron. any person; any person or thing in a particular group

add
v. supplement; sum, add numbers together; conclude, summarize

on
adj. activated; turned on
prep. atop; as a part of; toward; from
adv. forth; ahead; while continuing

not
adv. no; not even; to no degree at all

order
v. command; request something; arrange; manage
n. arrangement; instruction; command; request for something; religious group

Pfew the end :)
hope is enough but if u need more help abraxis just ask =)

V

vintervargen

funny how he tried to be nice to you and said he got a MP piece and would take away that cost, and you turn it into a flame.

as most know crafting aint cheap, and selling a MP hauberk for 2p when he can sell it for.. i dunno, 8+? is kinda foolish.

T

thorwyntf

"unkind" is it to flame someone and try to damage someone´s (flawless) repuation on BW as much as possible with a ridiculous and childish boulevard-press style thread because he has done something that the majority of the crafters on Albion would do exactly the same way just because YOU didn´t like it and YOU are having a different POV and YOU forgot to sort out the policy before you placed the order.
Exactly this topic has been discussed plenty of times here and basically everybody agreed, that it´s the responsibility of the crafter AS WELL as the customer to find a way to avoid things like that in advance.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Mishy
think that sucks tbh, if you was paying by retry then the MP is rightly yours. In future you should clarify the MP situation with the crafter :\

Think so too. If you pay per retry I think you have the right to get the MP.

It's also very unfair: You pay per retry. Third try, a MP. Skip this retry and go on with crafting, 95%!, 97%, 94%, 99% !

Now the customer has to pay more gold to get the 99% instead of the 100%. Think that's the best explanaition why it ain't fair.

Another solution would be to continu crafting till a 99% pops out and let the customer pay the price when the MP popped out (3rd try in this case)..

G

granny

You asked for a 99%. Not a MP.

An af102 100% chain hauberk is worth probably 8-10 plat. Just because he made the mistake of telling you a MP came up (should have just kept quiet about it tbh) you feel you should come on here and try and ruin his reputation as a crafter?

Very very poor show. If I was a crafter of any kind on this realm reading this I'd decide never to craft anything for you at all, ever again on the basis of this thread, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why don't you go and become an LGM craftsman yourself and see how you feel after getting shit from customers like yourself over and over again?

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by granny
You asked for a 99%. Not a MP.

An af102 100% chain hauberk is worth probably 8-10 plat. Just because he made the mistake of telling you a MP came up (should have just kept quiet about it tbh) you feel you should come on here and try and ruin his reputation as a crafter?

Very very poor show. If I was a crafter of any kind on this realm reading this I'd decide never to craft anything for you at all, ever again on the basis of this thread, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why don't you go and become an LGM craftsman yourself and see how you feel after getting shit from customers like yourself over and over again?

As I explained in my previous posts the customers gets penalized (= has to pay more) for the MP pop in HIS order because odds are there won't pop a 99% right behind it. So that's why I said: Either offer him the MP (very nice, but not needed since he did order a 99%) or offer him the 99% at the price if the MP was 99% (= at 3rd try). Then both people have a huge advantage (the customer getting his 99% at 3rd try isn't bad and the crafter has a MP to sell on the market for HUGE makeup).

The way it's done now is very egocentric of the crafter because he: A) Gets the MP, B) Will charge more for the 99% then needed because he removed the 100% off the spree BUT his chances on a 99% didn't change so the chance of hitting a 99% right behind that are as small as hitting a 99% on the first try.

It's simple math and while crafters don't have it easy, there is no reason to give the customer a penalty while giving the crafter a HUGE bonus (a MP at costprice in this scenario).

I know lots of crafters use this way (don't even say they hit a MP) but that doesn't make it the right thing to do. Basically you're cutting out the customer. Easy as that.

P

parlain

As has been mentioned before:

You ask for a 99@ Fixed Price you get a 99@Fixed Price

You ask for a 99@ Pay per retry you should receive a 99 or MP@ Pay Per Retry

The opportunity cost of you never getting a MP even if the crafter makes it in the fixed cost scenario is weighed by the opportunity cost the crafter takes of the 99 taking more that 6 tries to make.

You takes yer pick you makes yer choice, if the crafter you ask doesn't agree to this, pick another...

End of the day:
Clarify what you want with your crafter-not bothering to clarify is just an excuse to come whine later when either party misunderstands each other

B

bahamuts

if you check what I writed earlier daws got the 99% for the retry I got mp at well have to go out for a while, plz stop talking in this thread...

S

skile

This problems is solved quite easily. Instead of saying u need a 99% hauberk, be sure to point out I want to TRY for MP, but stop when you are at 99%.

Retorics ofc, but problem = solved.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by bahamuts
thanks for giving me some reputation daws. I know many crafters agree with me that it would feel kinda bad to sell a mp huaberk for 2 plat when its worth way more(made myself a 99% huaberk for that price)

Has nothing to do with friends, etc.
He asked you to make a 99% qua piece, you agreed to do it based on retry basis. In this case, if an mp comes out before a 99% qua comes out, he can have it for the retry price, like you agreed before.
It is very logical really, you screwed him over.
Regards, Glottis

T

thorwyntf

It´s very logical, you don´t know what you´re talking about.
They both didn´t agree upon the policy before the trade which is Bahamuts fault AS WELL as Daws fault. And serveral people already pointed out that the majority of crafters wouldn´t even have told their customer about the MP and would have kept it secretly.

Regards,
Thorwyn

C

~Clarky~

Originally posted by Belomar
Make an effort, you inconsiderate person, it's not hard.

How the fuck am i expected to make an effort when i actually_don't understand what the fuck he is trying to write ?

And im sure im not the only person here ..

B

Belsameth

it's a tough situation, and even tho I personally would've sold him the MP one, I also see nothing wrong in what Baha did. you ordered a 99%, you get a 99%.
best to first sort it out with the crafter tho, how MPs are handled.

V

Volt_

Glottis, your statement is a contradiction in terms, the agreement according to both parties was for a 99% chain hauberk, that is as specified as it can get, no need for interpretation. The order was not for a 94% chain hauberk, not for a 96% chain hauberk, just as little as it was an order for a 100% chain hauberk. Unless there is some common practice that is known to both parties before the deal that an order for a 99% item means 99% and higher Bahamut was in his full right to keep the mp, he was imo even honest enough not to charge for it, bit stupid to tell the buyer about the mp but nevertheless honest.

<BL>Volt - speeder

B

Bleeker

Originally posted by Jiggs
they should have like a ding animation when u make a MP

from 1.61 patch notes

- We now have new crafting sounds. You'll now hear a distinct sound for crafting failure, lose-item failure, success, and masterpiece

Users who are viewing this thread