Order from Bahamut... AT YOUR PERIL

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by starflame
from 1.61 patch notes

- We now have new crafting sounds. You'll now hear a distinct sound for crafting failure, lose-item failure, success, and masterpiece

Internal or so everyone can hear?

B

Bleeker

that i dont know, but it seems logical that it would be internal now that i think about it......

would be a pain in the ass hearing those sounds all the time at the major crafting sites

E

Ekydus

Hmm maybe Mythic could implement something similar to this idea:

/craftgroup invite <Name> (Only 2 people in group maximum)

The group leader is the crafter. When he crafts a piece the members of the craftgroup can also see results, as they appear in a window similar to the trade screen.

Although this idea is probably very flawed I do think it is an OK idea...

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Volt_
Glottis, your statement is a contradiction in terms, the agreement according to both parties was for a 99% chain hauberk, that is as specified as it can get, no need for interpretation. The order was not for a 94% chain hauberk, not for a 96% chain hauberk, just as little as it was an order for a 100% chain hauberk. Unless there is some common practice that is known to both parties before the deal that an order for a 99% item means 99% and higher Bahamut was in his full right to keep the mp, he was imo even honest enough not to charge for it, bit stupid to tell the buyer about the mp but nevertheless honest.

<BL>Volt - speeder

I dont think thats true at all, at least whenever i took an order, i knew it was 99% or better and thats what they got. I dont belive in auctions for MP items, because why should someone who got lucky in getting the MP after a couple of trys, pay an inflated price?

That is the whole point and reason to do pay-by-retry pricing, because there is always a chance you can get a MP this way and fairly cheaply.

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Ekydus
Hmm maybe Mythic could implement something similar to this idea:

/craftgroup invite <Name> (Only 2 people in group maximum)

The group leader is the crafter. When he crafts a piece the members of the craftgroup can also see results, as they appear in a window similar to the trade screen.

Although this idea is probably very flawed I do think it is an OK idea...

Being a crafter i've always thought there should be a system like this, i can be as honest as i like, but still there is always someone who wont trust you. It would also be good so people can see that sometimes 99% items can take 20+ attempts.

V

Volt_

I dont think thats true at all, at least whenever i took an order, i knew it was 99% or better and thats what they got.

Mish, you are missing my point, nothing in this thread says that ordering a 99% item from Bahmamut means 99%+ and by reading the rest of the posts in this thread there is clearly no "common use" among Albion crafters that ordering a 99% item means 99%+.

That you are using 99% = 99%+ with your customers have absolutely nothing to do with how Bahamut chooses to handle his affairs.

That is the whole point and reason to do pay-by-retry pricing, because there is always a chance you can get a MP this way and fairly cheaply.

If someone wants the chance of a fairly cheap MP then they should order a MP pay-by-retry and not a 99% item, that is pretty common sense.

<BL>Volt - speeder

B

bahamuts

reason I do pay per retry on 99% is to get mp at last, not to earn cash. how much gold do I get when I do these 99% orders? really I almost lose gold on it because people want cheap items. now stop spamming this thread

F

Falcor

u were crafting as pay per retry , daws got lucky he should get the mp its that simple

P

parlain

Originally posted by bahamuts
reason I do pay per retry on 99% is to get mp at last, not to earn cash. how much gold do I get when I do these 99% orders? really I almost lose gold on it because people want cheap items. now stop spamming this thread

Nope, keep bumping if you really took a pay per retry order and kept the MP

In the words of Landshark

You Sir are a first class twat:great:

Nerf Greedy Crafters

B

bahamuts

Originally posted by parlain
Nope, keep bumping if you really took a pay per retry order and kept the MP

In the words of Landshark

You Sir are a first class twat:great:

Nerf Greedy Crafters
´

did you even read anything of that??

I told you I aint making 99% orders to make any big money, I make them to finaly get mps. I could have just, no sorry I dont want to craft any 99% as its crap and I earn nothing on it...

well now I go on vacation for a week or two

cu m8s

P

parlain

´

did you even read anything of that??

I told you I aint making 99% orders to make any big money, I make them to finaly get mps. I could have just, no sorry I dont want to craft any 99% as its crap and I earn nothing on it...

well now I go on vacation for a week or two

cu m8s

Don't like it-don't do it

Not an excuse to con ppl

Still a twat come back when you stop conning people :great:

B

bahamuts

the question is who was conning who?

did I put this thread on the barrysworld?

stop posting here now. if you want to talk to me about my crafting policy do it in game...
well cu m8s have to sleep and go up early tomorow

P

parlain

the question is who was conning who?

YOU are taking Per Retry Orders and thus laying all the RISK of taking more than 6 tries on the customer while charging a Margin while TAKING the benifit of any MP

Clear Enuff?

Pet peeve of mine are crafters who try to pull fast ones

K

katt!

tbh if he was greedy he could have stfu:ed and noone would ever know a mp came out of that deal :eek:

T

thorwyntf

What´s up Paralin? Penis too small? Bra too tight?
Any other reason to boost your ego on the cost of others withouth having a clue what you´re actually talking about?

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Mishy
I dont think thats true at all, at least whenever i took an order, i knew it was 99% or better and thats what they got. I dont belive in auctions for MP items, because why should someone who got lucky in getting the MP after a couple of trys, pay an inflated price?

Well, I find pricing based on retry (plus some markup if you are lucky as crafter) more than fair, but if you are saying that with 99% based on retry you forgo the right on the mp, your wrong.
This way, the person ordering it would be paying a significant markup for the 99% qua (namely the mp, which is on average worth 50 times the retry cost).
Offcourse it is 99% qua or better, only people who want to scam fellow Albions out of it would think otherwise.
And the crafter being nice, and saying he would not have to pay for the low lvl qua retries, and then logging... well, fucking sad stuff tbh.
Regards, Glottis

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Well, I find pricing based on retry (plus some markup if you are lucky as crafter) more than fair, but if you are saying that with 99% based on retry you forgo the right on the mp, your wrong.
This way, the person ordering it would be paying a significant markup for the 99% qua (namely the mp, which is on average worth 50 times the retry cost).
Offcourse it is 99% qua or better, only people who want to scam fellow Albions out of it would think otherwise.
And the crafter being nice, and saying he would not have to pay for the low lvl qua retries, and then logging... well, fucking sad stuff tbh.
Regards, Glottis

Suggest you re-read my post, since i said the complete opposite.

V

Volt_

How fucking hard is it to grasp that if you are ordering one specific type of thing and nothing else is agreed on before the deal, then that means just that thing and not that thing or anything else, just as if you go to a car-dealer and order a Ford Mondeo then a Ford Mondeo is exactly what the dealer is supposed to deliver, not a Ford Mondeo or a Lamborghini if available.

<BL>Volt - speeder

A

Aurelius A

and how hard is it to grasp that when a crafter takes a commision to make a item they are working for whoever places that order as they are paying the cost of the attempts.

so if they want a 99% item and a MP pops up the person who ordered it should get the MP item as it was created while you were crafting on behalf for them.

To try and evade this and say the crafter gets to keep it etc , or that they didnt specify a MP is complete crap.

credit where credit is due thou bahamuts was at least honest saying he got a MP.

P

parlain

Originally posted by thorwyntf
What´s up Paralin? Penis too small? Bra too tight?
Any other reason to boost your ego on the cost of others withouth having a clue what you´re actually talking about?

Any reason to flame me other than you being a complete prick? Can't take the idea that someone from B&O is a wanker? Decide to take a pop becuase your bored tossing yourself off in the corner?

Yes I can flame too

I fail too see how this boosts my ego tbh...

Yes I DO know that was going on he said so himself that he charged per retry and kept the MP when it popped so I suggest you get ur finger out of your ass take the blinkers off your eyes and accept the fact he conned someone

O

old.Sko

Hmm strange. being a tailor and helping some ac'r on prydwen i ecountered similiar situation =D was order for 99% plate suite, and among all things mp hauberk was crafted from 1st attempt, though sleeves took like 30 retries =D
The guy who ordered got extremly cheap mp hauberk and stupidly expensive sleeves =D
Cause its matter of honour imho. But certain people just lack it.

W

WardyWonderland

Sad thing here is the simple econimics of it. If Bahamuts had said yay you got a MP on the 3rd try your one lucky git. Then this thread would all be about how much of a sound guy he was, and he would have more orders then he could handle. Instead he is now getting flammed, it makes no differnce if what he did was right or wrong, people are gonna think twice before giving him any orders.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do for a few extra electronic gold.

B

Bellona

Originally posted by WardyWonderland
It never ceases to amaze me what people will do for a few extra electronic gold.

greed

T

Talifer

Originally posted by Volt_
How fucking hard is it to grasp that if you are ordering one specific type of thing and nothing else is agreed on before the deal, then that means just that thing and not that thing or anything else, just as if you go to a car-dealer and order a Ford Mondeo then a Ford Mondeo is exactly what the dealer is supposed to deliver, not a Ford Mondeo or a Lamborghini if available.

<BL>Volt - speeder

How many Ford dealers make the car while you wait? And since when is a Lamborghini a slightly better quality Mondeo? How many times have you been into the Ford dealer, bought a Mondeo and had the dealer say, sorry you can't have this particular car it is an exceptional build, we're saving it for someone else, your car is in the back.

There are two ways to go

A) Fixed price
B) Cost per retry

If someone says they want a 99% item on a retry basis then it's assumed 99%+, it's just an abbreviated way of crafing without asking the customer after every craft:

Crafter: 98%
Buyer: Keep going
Crafter: 94%
Buyer: Keep going
Crafter: 99%
Buyer: I'll take that

The buyer is giving you x gold for the materials and your time, to make an 'attempt' at an item, that's what the retry cost is.

Personally I stopped crafting on a retry basis (unless someone asks specifically), making a 99% on the first try was great, I loved giving people their weapon for 210g, but on the flip side I really hated telling someone their 99% weapon was going to cost them a plat. So now I keep stock instead, I go away and make a batch of weapons for myself, then when someone wants a weapon I sell at fixed price from stock. This means noone gets a nasty bill (but noone gets a bargain), I absorb all the cost and smooth the random factor out of my crafting completely. The side effect of this is that MP items I make belong to me.

Talifer

Users who are viewing this thread