Opted?

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
That one was directed at me right? ^^

I got myself some buffing gear now, so my bases doesn't suck fyi!

Now how did you think this out ?

robbe

Loyal Freddie
I been running in random grp also last week or so ... 7 maelstrom players and demodar :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Random group: BD + pets + optional BB (thats 4-5) and 20 zerglings.

Play like you want to play, I really don't mind, but don't pretend you did all the RP by yourself.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Old.Ilum said:
2 palas 3 armsmen a cpl of wizards and if you're lucky you have a friar for some uber base buffs and 15 rejuv spec strong heals.

Umm, 4am OF emain, everyday of the week :D.

Kinda agree tho' not really any playpen for random grps to have OPEN FIGHTS with each other anymore, since there is one frontier, not three...and a realm map or name locs to help anymore farm them.

Mael, 50th ment.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
All games/sports get like this.

Whether it be FPS games (Quake, UT, CS) or Football (like you'd see a Premier league team fielding a non-professional or someone running out in trainers instead of football boots) as the game progresses, people get better, people start looking to play with and against better people, and with better kit. It's the way things work.

That's partially true only, since in most sports there's a safety net so people don't get frustrated playing against much better opponents and losing most of the time.

You don't see Arsenal and Chelsea play against Swansea-under 21's each week. In most games amateurs play against other amateurs so that they actually have more fun. Daoc only balances that by the fact there's no professionalism involved or things would get really ugly for random people.

Brite

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
Random group: BD + pets + optional BB (thats 4-5) and 20 zerglings.

Play like you want to play, I really don't mind, but don't pretend you did all the RP by yourself.

Quinlan said:
You forgot the other 5 random groups of 4/5 around you as ussual

as usual ?

i camped the tower solo with my bot, albs knocked the gate down stormed the lord, i killed them all on the lord solo

then a dark sm and a pac healer came to the tower and grouped while koxine repair the gates for us, had some fun made a hell of a lot of rps, lost the tower, ressed, took it back, lost it again, ressed took it back, before all the rog trolls came and mael and SC group started sniffing around, we made a hell of a lot of rps before anyone else came, and when the rog trolls came the rps where a hell of a lot worse compared to before, but then all the zergling scouts and sorcs arrived but was some really good action with hib fgs and albs fgs passing and fighting at the tower and around it, best rvr ive had since i been back cant belive we got away with what we did so many times :sex:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I only experienced random groups when i played on pellinor
Smite cleric, Smite Cleric, Rejuv Cleric, Minstrel, Merc, Wizard, 2h paladin, S/S paladin.

On Prydwen we always built balanced groups...50% of my rps came from that (the rest came from Soloing when NF was released with godmode sorc)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
I only experienced random groups when i played on pellinor
Smite cleric, Smite Cleric, Rejuv Cleric, Minstrel, Merc, Wizard, 2h paladin, S/S paladin.

On Prydwen we always built balanced groups...50% of my rps came from that (the rest came from Soloing when NF was released with godmode sorc)
Such lies, you grped with my smiter as well!!!

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
I also remember the time when I all the time said I solo when I was running with my bb with DI3 sticked. (now I just leave the stupid thing to sauvage) Brite takes it little further saying he solo killed all the albs (think there was 5 of us) with only aid from bb that no one could ever get to and tower captain shooting around 800+ per shot(mildly buffed) and taking absolutely no damage of my 5 nukes...

And for the topic partially I agree the more time people play the more they forget what fun is. Now they arguing that rr8+ 7 person opted group missing one person is a random group and if there is 2 people from other guilds its not a GG and so it cant be opted group but just a regular random group... I cant really see these people running around all over frontiers trying to find fights for fun. They need opted groups with more or less 99% win chance to even go out. Other time they propably calculating their reaction times, optimise their strafing skills and surfing in net to find all possible abuses they can use for the maximised rp's. Could be wrong also but I doubt it.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
omg, tough little elitist arent we? Got killed many many many times and aliddul angry over it mebbe? Or are you high RR, member of a wtfpwn group that dominate in RVR and kill everything with ease? Or do you just pretend to be?

hmm

/boggle

I'm one of those who realises that all the mmorpgs out there have inbalanced classes, bugs, people using exploits, and every other 'bad thing' you can find with daoc. Thats the fact with mmorpgs, and thats one of the reason I'm playing (and have done for the last .. 6 years i think) mmorpgs, you never know whats gonna happen, thats a part of its charm in my opinion. If i wanted some perfect balanced game with no "enemies" using bugs or abusing their power, then i would go play a singleplayer game where my "enemies" are AI controlled.

You'll never ever see me whine about inbalanced classes, bugs, adds. It's a part of the game. If you can't accept it, go back to your Ice Climber on 8-bits Nintendo.

Did i pretend to be an elitist who is high RR? Did you even read what i posted? Or did you pick just a random quote from your "top 100 ways to flame on FH list" you were able to google with your mad skills?
Why don't you run back to your WTFOMGQQ friends and play with Ken and Barbie, im sure they won't lifetap you.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
your an alb, you dont count

ive made 70k a night not camping towers and that aint opted group either

guess you met no minstrels with exploiting pets then this time?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Suedish said:
I'm one of those who realises that all the mmorpgs out there have inbalanced classes, bugs, people using exploits, and every other 'bad thing' you can find with daoc. Thats the fact with mmorpgs, and thats one of the reason I'm playing (and have done for the last .. 6 years i think) mmorpgs, you never know whats gonna happen, thats a part of its charm in my opinion. If i wanted some perfect balanced game with no "enemies" using bugs or abusing their power, then i would go play a singleplayer game where my "enemies" are AI controlled.

You'll never ever see me whine about inbalanced classes, bugs, adds. It's a part of the game. If you can't accept it, go back to your Ice Climber on 8-bits Nintendo.

Did i pretend to be an elitist who is high RR? Did you even read what i posted? Or did you pick just a random quote from your "top 100 ways to flame on FH list" you were able to google with your mad skills?
Why don't you run back to your WTFOMGQQ friends and play with Ken and Barbie, im sure they won't lifetap you.

Oke, this is interesting to be honest. Now, lets have a look at the post you made before this one shall we?

Suedish said:
You all suck. You whine like you're a bunch of ladies.

Deal with this shit, or go a singleplayer game.

Hmm.. I kinda see a quite distinctive contradiction here pretty fast.

"You all suck" vs "Did i pretend to be an elitist who is high RR?"

Lets analyze this alittle. You first say everybody else sucks, and then claim that you arent an elitist? (no, low or high RR doesnt really matter here, since RR isnt the issue in this case, not in this point im making at least) And thats that, not much else to add really, case closed, you are an idiot. Apparently I actually did read your first post more thorough than you did, otherwise you wouldnt post something this silly I guess, which leads me to the second point here, where you claim I didnt read what you wrote, you wrote two lines of garbage, nothing more, nothing less, and yes, apparently I did read it, otherwise I wouldnt quote you on it. I always read what I quote (admittedly I too sometimes read wrong or misinterpret but this wasnt the case with your post, nomatter how hard I try I cant read it wrong I think). Do you actually believe your first post had so much content, or some hidden meaning into it so you believe others can misread it or in some strange way misunderstand the simple words:

"You all suck" ? Are you actually that stupid? To question if someone read a twoliner, with no content but standard streamlined crap is to degrade others and assume they are idiots, which actually further increase your level of "elitism".

To get to the more contentrich part of your post. Actually, I prefer balance, I also know that balance will never be exact in a mmorpg, it doesnt take a genious to figure that out (come'on, it aint rocketscience), here, you once again put yourself on a high horse and with the funny little comment about the good old Nintendo, you automatically ding yet another level and increase a skillgain in "elitism". Congrats. I actually assume quite many people playing DAoC know the flow of the game, and know that balance will never come, not truly. In certain patches, the realms have been very close to each other in balance, but never fully and its starting to tip towards one realm balancewise once again as I see it, I cba to go into details since its personal views anyhow and they dont really matter here and now.

So, in essence, you made a stupid first post, you made a complete ass of yourself in your second, I ask myself, what will come in the third? You know you can do it, come'on, road aint long for you to become worthy of the title "true mongrel".

Just want to point out that, no, I dont have a top100 list for flames, neither do I use google when creating posts unless I need some sorta reliable source I build an arguement on, dont give yourself the credit of beeing even remotely that fun to argue or discuss with, since you dont build up any arguementing at all, you just toss around one and twoliners and finish with idiotic acronyms and references to something so silly as childrentoys, and please, explain what in hell a WTFOMGQQfriend is, I seriosly dont know.

If you are gonna flame someone, at least use an ounce of intelligence, who knows, it might be more fun then, your way of doing it is just boring, and has no content at all sadly. Go practise is my advice. So far you just seem to be a lowbieRR wannabe elitist, which is pretty crappy to be honest, dont you agree? Prove me wrong, use that head of yours and flame me properly so it at least becomes fun to answer...

:(

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
<snickers> <puts the popcorn in the micro> <waits for the response...>

Brite

Banned
Alyssania said:
I also remember the time when I all the time said I solo when I was running with my bb with DI3 sticked. (now I just leave the stupid thing to sauvage) Brite takes it little further saying he solo killed all the albs (think there was 5 of us) with only aid from bb that no one could ever get to and tower captain shooting around 800+ per shot(mildly buffed) and taking absolutely no damage of my 5 nukes...

And for the topic partially I agree the more time people play the more they forget what fun is. Now they arguing that rr8+ 7 person opted group missing one person is a random group and if there is 2 people from other guilds its not a GG and so it cant be opted group but just a regular random group... I cant really see these people running around all over frontiers trying to find fights for fun. They need opted groups with more or less 99% win chance to even go out. Other time they propably calculating their reaction times, optimise their strafing skills and surfing in net to find all possible abuses they can use for the maximised rp's. Could be wrong also but I doubt it.

waiting til you where on the lord was the whole point else i doubt id have been able to kill you

and why the whine about the bot ? if you had 2 brain cells you could of killed it when i was ressing myself or before you took the lord, i couldnt belive my luck when you went for the lord first, and my bot is only there to buff my up and ress, it doesnt heal, we dont get DI3 on our bots and i use the same monitor kb and mouse to control the bot so i cant heal with it, so yes i was solo and you died due to your own stupidity. Also we took the keep back twice again due to your stupidity again, gotta love albs stupidity?

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
amagad... Straef made a multi quote post \o/ !!!!! Praise the lord :D

Wub you Straef ! :fluffle:
Browse about on fh and you'll find plenty where that came from :p
Morchaoron said:
ah yes like you? 1 for stick and 1 for lifetap :m00:
or perhaps you need those to come up with funny attempts to screw over a lotto

btw exploiting minstrels (with pets ofc) can be reported somewhere here
Bit of a hypocrit eh? Moaning bout me whining and lookie here ;(

Shike said:
Or do you just pretend to be?
<points>

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Bit of a hypocrit eh? Moaning bout me whining and lookie here ;(

whining about this characther 'brite' is a social duty (actually its making fun of the poor soul), whining about something that you cant do which about 10.000 other people can, is a different matter...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
whining about this characther 'brite' is a social duty (actually its making fun of the poor soul), whining about something that you cant do which about 10.000 other people can, is a different matter...
And I would be making posts like 'olol look I can't kill a greycon and 10.000 other people can!' ? Hardly whining bout the things I can't do, and I feel whining at wow players only returning to daoc forums to 'try' outsmart people, or show how witty they are, is a social duty :<

robbe

Loyal Freddie
we in midgard is ashamed of these bds like brite and would gladly give these morons to another realm like albion.. maybe they could roll necro and abuse los bugs? ......

Brite

Banned
robbe said:
we in midgard is ashamed of these bds like brite and would gladly give these morons to another realm like albion.. maybe they could roll necro and abuse los bugs? ......

i may come on here and make an ass of myself or even in game, but its all a laugh and i never try to personally insult anyone, i am a sarcastic bastard and i can be arrogant when i want to be, i know my faults (i think ;p), but thats me, if you dont like it you dont talk to me much. After all its just a game and its there to have fun on how you see fit and these forum arejust banter basically. But to be two faced and insult me on a shitty forum and not say it to me ingame to my face so to speak is just low, your lower than the shit on my shoe.

and that was damn funny when i did that morch :p maybe not from your point of view or the guy that led the raid that used to play mid.... forget his name

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
You are too mean to Bright. :p

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
If you are gonna flame someone, at least use an ounce of intelligence, who knows, it might be more fun then, your way of doing it is just boring, and has no content at all sadly. Go practise is my advice. So far you just seem to be a lowbieRR wannabe elitist, which is pretty crappy to be honest, dont you agree? Prove me wrong, use that head of yours and flame me properly so it at least becomes fun to answer...

:(

Sure thing. Here goes.

If you would have bothered to read the posts before my first one, every other was post "Brite you suck", "No you suck you filthy alb", "No you suck even more you dirty mid". Which was the reason to my "You all suck" comment which of course was a bit ironic - altho it's quite obivious you didnt get that - but also a bit serious. Where in my original post could you possibly have thought that i was referring to their RVR skills or whatever? "You all suck. You whine like you're a bunch of ladies" is quite clearly that i think they all suck because they whine. Is that being elitist? An elitist is someone superior to others in a certain area, the best of its class. So you think I'm an elitist then, thanks i guess. But .. is your view of an elitist (which i dont think is a bad thing, in my opinion its the elitism that makes us advance in all aspects in our society) someone who tells whiners to stop whining and suck it up? Well that's up to you i guess. (Ps. dunno if whiners even is a word? It's not my english thats the subject here however)

and please, explain what in hell a WTFOMGQQfriend is, I seriosly dont know.

Hey, I'm not the one using the cool abbreviations like "omg" in my posts. I guess writing out the full "oh my god" was a bit too much for you.
And therefore - sigh, it feels like explaining things to a child - my advice to your was to run back to your friends who also use the same "omg", "aliddul angry over it mebbe" language-style-thingie like you do.

So far you just seem to be a lowbieRR wannabe elitist

Wow, you're able to make that out from my two posts where we spoke absolutely nothing of my RVR? Or were you so afraid to be wrong that you had to look me up (I'm only RR3L4, so yes i am of low RR)? Thats pretty good in that case. One of the most classic flames in the RVR part of these forum in my opinion, why don't you post something original?

You tell me to go practise my flaming? Are you for real? Thanks but no thanks, I got a life, where spending time actually practising flaming is not a top priority for me. It apparently is to you tho, as you would even think of such a thing. But i guess having a quite normal 'real life' maybe just isn't your thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom