Opinions Please

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A safe? Heavy? What sort of madness is this??

I have a normal safe somewhere on the ground floor (ok it's under the stairs) because it weighs a fecking ton and we just couldn't be arsed to have it upstairs. It's old and full of sand and really really heavy. :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, cos I bet both your mobiles come on a 2000 mile phone extension cable... :p
Don't let anything get in the way of Raven bashing consoles, you know the drill.

Also we've just recently sold 3 of those gun cabinets.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, cos I bet both your mobiles come on a 2000 mile phone extension cable... :p

That's the thing though. Mobile. Having to switch KB batteries/charging your mouse is just arse compared.

The day wired PC gaming tools go away will be a sad one.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I agree that changing batteries is a pain in the arse.... it's just that my PC is now so far away from where I sit. I need wireless.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Wasn't mean like that at all.

Dude, he's got a point, you're like that guy from yesteryear who was "everything sucks in the UK, everything is awesome in Thailand" - you're quickly taking his place, but wherever it is you live.

Don't be that guy.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
A 24 inch monitor is bloody luxury, I'm currently rocking a 22" LG. Don't play games on it though as PC Games are for loooosers, I have a 50" for gaming. And wireless. And a couch. Fnarp.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
A 24 inch monitor is bloody luxury, I'm currently rocking a 22" LG. Don't play games on it though as PC Games are for loooosers, I have a 50" for gaming. And wireless. And a couch. Fnarp.

Peasant.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Size doesn't matter, it's how you use the knowledge that you're a superior human being compared to the console drooling masses.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Stop it! :eek: Every time I see this monitor I start thinking of things I can sell in order to finance it. I thought you had that big NEC anyway?

The thing is I'd have to invest in a shiny new graphics card for any hope of a decent gaming experience I think so tack another 500 notes onto the price and it starts looking far less appealing. :(

old.user4556

I do, but look at that LG!

I'd like to supplement my setup with another one though.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I've had 2 LG's and they have both had power supplies go on me, won't have another one, currently have a 22 sammy, been great

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've had 2 LG's and they have both had power supplies go on me, won't have another one, currently have a 22 sammy, been great

Funnily enough, my Samsung blew on me last week. My LGs have been fine.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Stop it! :eek: Every time I see this monitor I start thinking of things I can sell in order to finance it. I thought you had that big NEC anyway?

The thing is I'd have to invest in a shiny new graphics card for any hope of a decent gaming experience I think so tack another 500 notes onto the price and it starts looking far less appealing. :(

dude, I'm running 2560x1440 atm on the god-box and I do note I get frame drops when running my wtf awesome visual beauty stuffs. with everything maxed out in FC3 I was getting about 40FPS. I have not yet tested Linus' claims that the higher rez you go the less you need things like AA. I would need to do some 1:1 images or vids to see.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ugh. What graphics card is in your god-box then? I bet it's something awesome. :(

My 7970 just won't do it - 3440x1440 is like 35% more pixels than 2560x1440. :(

old.user4556

This is why 4k console gaming is a long, looooooong way off.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Not really, @caLLous ; I'm the bang-for-your-buck guy these days. I got a GTX770 and am atm playing Skyrim with the effects cranked up so insanely high that I'm getting about 20FPS...which is something, considering the rest of the box o_0 Currently considering trading in my sweet 1600Mhz ram for a variant a couple steps up to see if that gets me a couple frames back :D

Reminds me to post some vids.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is why 4k console gaming is a long, looooooong way off.
2020 if the current generation lasts as well as the last by which time 4k will be dead I'd imagine.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Not really, @caLLous ; I'm the bang-for-your-buck guy these days. I got a GTX770 and am atm playing Skyrim with the effects cranked up so insanely high that I'm getting about 20FPS...which is something, considering the rest of the box o_0 Currently considering trading in my sweet 1600Mhz ram for a variant a couple steps up to see if that gets me a couple frames back :D

Reminds me to post some vids.

Holy shit dude, I think I'd rather have an extra 20 frames than have some pretty trees and coxors hanging out.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, if I were going to be ridiculous and buy this monitor I'd either have to put up with games at sub-omfg levels for a while and wait for the R9 390x next year or, as a short term fix, look for another HD7970 for my first ever foray into multi-GPU fun.

Overclockers have gone and knocked another £50 off the price of that monitor, too. Bastards. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom