Ooh, XP bugabuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deadmanwalking

\0/

Yes that me thats pre Cr3 oh and if i remember correctly we then owned you :)

you take that?

A

arien

WOO! i'm famous.. i forgotten who flipped that tank lol, funny though i think an ANT got stuck in it afterwards.

Regards,
Suicide.

S

slidey

Yeah, I killed one of you then the other killed me :)

T

Teh Krypt

There was quite a few Savage members, zoning in and out of VR because they were "bored".

Seems very exiting to goto the portal, click shooting range, goto terminal then repteat.. no suspicion there.

The one I remeber was Caca.

O

Old_Bean

I wondered why I kept getting exp every time i went to a terminal after respawning.

Had seen it before, then it disapeared after a patch, then it was back.

Oh good, I thought to myself, some easy exp. I didn't go out of my way to exploit it, hell, you can't avoid getting it, so I just treated it as a gift.

There are much more funs ways of gaining exp in PS. Exploiting this bug would be so laborious it would be like playing DAOC all over again! :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

*imagines Nolby camping terminals*
*shudders*

P

[PS]Venom

Slidey, at least you have the decency not to deny it. For gods sake though if you're going to abuse a bug, but subtle. Jumping that many points screams exploiter.

Yes, the person that replied was Haze - but I never said it was a member of savage.

Savage have shot up in points, alright, maybe not up the leaderboard but they considerably increased in OP. Not surprising.

E

envenom

i dont understand why they do it tbh i mean yesterday i went to the VR room to test some stuff out and i was bored within 5mins how someone can stand there for hours on end shooting card board cut outs amazes me

S

Scooba Da Bass

Aparently the latest patch has fixed this exploit, *fingers crossed*

P

[PS]Venom

I completely missed this post originally - don't know why, but here's a quick reply.

Originally posted by flownalk
1.. Savage have been 3rd in vs ranking since Monday... they are still 3rd in the Ranking... this bug went in today.. we have not moved in rank... slidely has been top since day 1 of euro release again this hasnt changed

But the points they have has jumped immensely, making it difficult for any other outfit to catch them, not just my own.

2. looking at slidely score from what it was last night to what it is today. it hasnt gone up that much.. (slidely can be found logged on just about 24/7 hench the high score)

Sorry, but that's BS. Jumping 200k+ in 1 day? When no-one else has? To overtake the Terran #1 by that much after being behind? I don't buy that, sorry.

3. most of the players in savage come from a daoc background and have been playing since USA beta...

So you should know better than to abuse a bug like this.

4. u have gone from saying it was 3 savage people to 4... u must have been spending alot of time in vr to notice all these people. can u name the others? or are u just having a go at the outfit cos they are above u in the listing?

No, I didn't note all the names, terribly sorry, I know I should have done. I saw at least dos, slidey that I remember.

No, I'm not just having a go at the outfit because they're above us in the listings.

5. this bug was reported by savage players to ingame GM's and directly to SOE

As I reported it.

Why abuse it then?

u really do come across as having a chip on your shoulder, maybe u should go back to daoc

I hate exploiters. If that gives me a chip on my shoulder, then I have a chip on my shoulder.

P

[PS]Nova

To the guys in Savage.

Yes, we'd like to beat you in outfit points, but not at the cost of bug-abusing. We're a little bit upset because some of your members chose to do this, therefore making it a lot harder for us to catch you up legitimately.

There's no point is us lying about this, and quite honestly, it doesn't matter whether slidey plays 28 hours in a day, he still jumped way too much exp way too quickly not to mention actually being seen in the VR areas, which at battle rank whateverheis 15+ is kind of strange. He should at this point know about all the weapons... shouldn't he?

My point is, if your outfit wants to condone bug-abuse then fine. But don't come on here and accuse US of simply lying because you're higher than us on the leaderboard. Not going to happen, and you note we haven't said a word about Vanu Corp, Shadow Legion, Betas Blockers and Enlightened Dark, the others above us.

[EDIT: Not that we'd dare make any kind of accusations about Enlightened Dark, you understand :p]

P

[PS]Venom

Also, looking at the leaderboard, I see a few other savage members that have high BR for their kill/cap stats.

taps
caca
Fyst

Either you've been very busy little bees with ant runs and musical bases, or there's something fishy going on here.

Of course, I'll eat my words if you can prove you got the XP legit. You can't prove it any more than I can prove without a doubt you did abuse it - all I have to go on are stats. :)

What the heck are you supposed to think?

P

[PS]Nova

For example -

As of now (12.45pm GMT, Friday 30 May) on the leaderboards:

Revenge, top TR on points.
926 kills, 124 facility captures. Total points: 688834.

slidey, top VS on points.
626 kills, 95 facility captures. Total points: 785674.

Andersson, top NC on points.
1108 kills, 152 facility captures. Total points: 448745.

So...
slidey has 300 less kills, 29 less captures.. BUT 96840 more points than Revenge.

slidey has 482 less kills, 57 less captures.. BUT 336929 more points than Andersson.

Revenge has 183 less kills, 28 less captures.. BUT 240089 more points than Andersson.

What would you think?

Something doesn't add up here....

[EDIT: No point going on about resecure experience. It doesn't give THAT much experience unless you've been exploiting the re-secure bug. And solo ANT runs do provide fairly good exp, yes, but there's only so many you can do before every facility is on 100%, and that's taking into account the fact that you never run into enemies while doing these.]

P

[PS]Venom

Yeah looks like revenge has been a busy little bunny as well.

J

Jupitus

Just compare some of those figures against Ivan's personal tally (currently #2 for kills in NC).... I know that Ivan actively takes part in base caps etc and tries to maximise hit points total. You don't get to be #2 in kills on the server without having a good sense of the game and what you are doing, so why such a large discrepancy between him and some of those with far fewer kills?

Certainly is odd.

W

Will

Chill out guys...this is starting to get personal, which is not really what these boards are for.

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Will.
Chill out guys...this is starting to get personal, which is not really what these boards are for.

Understand that, and I'm not actually trying to get overly personal, I just have a problem with slidey and some of the members of savage declaring that we're only saying what we're saying because we're jealous of their outfit points.

So I posted some statistics to make a bit of a point, but I'll leave it now. I've made the point I wanted to, so it's done.

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Will.

Sorry will.

Just irritates me that they're trying to make excuses/lesser what they've done, and that they accuse me of being jealous of their outfit, just because I've noticed the strange stats and seen them at it.

I'm not jealous of an outfit that looks like it condones bugabuse, far from it to be honest. As far as I'm concerned bugabusers and the outfits they belong to aren't in the leaderboards.

I'll chill out.

F

flownalk

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
I completely missed this post originally - don't know why, but here's a quick reply.

1.. Savage have been 3rd in vs ranking since Monday... they are still 3rd in the Ranking... this bug went in today.. we have not moved in rank... slidely has been top since day 1 of euro release again this hasnt changed

But the points they have has jumped immensely, making it difficult for any other outfit to catch them, not just my own.

[

the top 5 places / scores between outfits hasnt change much between Wednesday and today.. we are still 6000 behide 2nd.. still 20000 infront of 4th.. which is where it was at on Weds :D

slidely plays alot as inf so his kills wont be so high. also can u really use facility captures??? if u drive/fly/walk past a base that has a friendly hack under way that gets added to the total even if u havent gone into the base

I agree abusers should get slapped.. but u should be pointing the finger at the said person not marking down a outfit of 60+ players on the actions of 1 or 2.. which is what u are doing

P

[PS]Venom

the top 5 places / scores between outfits hasnt change much between Wednesday and today.. we are still 6000 behide 2nd.. still 20000 infront of 4th.. which is where it was at on Weds :D

slidely plays alot as inf so his kills wont be so high. also can u really use facility captures??? if u drive/fly/walk past a base that has a friendly hack under way that gets added to the total even if u havent gone into the base

I agree abusers should get slapped.. but u should be pointing the finger at the said person not marking down a outfit of 60+ players on the actions of 1 or 2.. which is what u are doing

IMO if an outfit has a bugabuser they should kick the aformentioned person, so that way the outfit isn't held responsible. When you're a member of an outfit you represent that outfit - if I found any of my members doing the same there would be no thought - they'd be finding a new outfit.

It's not just 1 or 2, either, if you look at the leaderboard, as I've already said. Yes, you can use facility captures. If you're not getting your XP from kills, or caps, then where the heck is it coming from?

I apologise for having a go at savage directly. Perhaps you'll do something in the outfit about these people and restore a good name. If you agree abusers should be slapped then your outfit will do something about these people, right?

P

[PS]Nova

Point: My post was purely figures to illustrate a point, I am not pointing fingers at any particular outfit.

Just don't say we're only saying this because we're jealous of your outfit points because we're not.

We like being on the leaderboard and we'd like to be higher (as no doubt any outfit would) but we're certainly not jealous nor would we resort to this simply because of points.

We saw something happening and we discussed it because we felt it was wrong, no other reason.

Oh and as for not being able to use base cap totals? I would presume that every time you get exp for a base cap it would add to your total base cap number. If not, then who knows, maybe I'm wrong and maybe Andersson (to keep using my previous example) has never just passed a base by without entering it and therefore adding to his base cap total.

I just wanted to point out to those people who said we were lying/jealous that there is some discrepancy in the exp point totals, and I left it to everyone to draw their own conclusions.

As you can also.

Now may I suggest we leave the topic as Will has asked us to.
We apologise if it appeared we were getting personal, as this was not our intention.

S

slidey

which at battle rank whateverheis 15+ is kind of strange. He should at this point know about all the weapons... shouldn't he?

Its a little silly to suggest that just because Im level 1x I shouldnt be in vr. You think I should just randomly spec something instead?

I have zero wep specs, so I do go into vr quite often while either waiting for hart or to mess around with the weps.

Weps also have changed between patches, or at least since beta ended anyway.

Also, looking at the leaderboard, I see a few other savage members that have high BR for their kill/cap stats.

The only reason you notice them tho is because your attention has been drawn to it.

Taps, dos and fyst have been on the top ranking for quite a while, because they play a lot.

We were all 14+ before the bug was even in game.

slidey, top VS on points.
626 kills, 95 facility captures.

That stat means nothing. I have at least 1k+ kills and a whole load more caps but the server loses them, search the sony forum and you'll see posts I made last week saying so.

I just have a problem with slidey and some of the members of savage declaring that we're only saying what we're saying because we're jealous of their outfit points

I dont even know what guild youre in, so I think youre imagining it.

P

[PS]Venom

This is getting out of hand, so I'm locking the thread.

No, this is not saying you're right. Far from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread