Ooh, XP bugabuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

[PS]Venom

Look at the werner leaderboard.

Compare slidey's stats to Revenge (#1 terran player)

See the 200k experience difference.

Spotted about another 10 people abusing the bug whilst I was checking weapon loadouts and deciding wether to comepletely respec to something else.

See the power of experience bugabuse. I hope I get a response to my CSR ticket sometime soon, not that I'm holding my breath.

S

Scooba Da Bass

They fixed it with the previous patch by taking all XP for training out. Sadly re-enabling it has put it back in.

P

[PS]Venom

Well hopefully it'll be fixed soon, as certain people seem to think it's acceptable to use it as a fast way to gain BR.

Personally I'd rather they took out the virtual training XP fully like they did last time.

T

Teh Krypt

Name and shame.

Tworippa
Angelfire
Tribal

Others too but I didnt remeber names, "Are you aware your exploiting a bug and can lead to a banning?"

"Well other people are doing it!"

I mean.. rofl. Just rofl.

P

[PS]Venom

I noticed about 4 Savage members doing it as well as slidey, no wonder they've shot up on the leaderboards.

The excuse I got today when I /l about the abuse was:

"they screwed the xp system, i just hit br12 end of conversation"

Good grief.

Counterstrike/BF1942 players, eh. If only they knew the hardships of levelling in daoc.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

... just proves how whine-babyish all those DAoC "cheatz0r" whines are (like in: it's next to impossible to cheat at DAoC).

I myself will report any bug abuse I might see in-game. :eek:
How fun is cheating anyway?

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
... just proves how whine-babyish all those DAoC "cheatz0r" whines are (like in: it's next to impossible to cheat at DAoC).

I myself will report any bug abuse I might see in-game. :eek:
How fun is cheating anyway?

Well...

I bug reported, /appeal ed, and tried to contact a dev.

I also named those I spotted abusing in my /appeal.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Well done - didn't mean to attack you personally in case you got my last post in the wrong tube. ;)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Well done - didn't mean to attack you personally in case you got my last post in the wrong tube. ;)

Nonono nothing of the sort :)

Oh well. Back to my ANT runs tomorrow morning. :(

F

flownalk

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
I noticed about 4 Savage members doing it as well as slidey, no wonder they've shot up on the leaderboards.

If only they knew the hardships of levelling in daoc.

1.. Savage have been 3rd in vs ranking since Monday... they are still 3rd in the Ranking... this bug went in today.. we have not moved in rank... slidely has been top since day 1 of euro release again this hasnt changed

2. looking at slidely score from what it was last night to what it is today. it hasnt gone up that much.. (slidely can be found logged on just about 24/7 hench the high score)

3. most of the players in savage come from a daoc background and have been playing since USA beta...

4. u have gone from saying it was 3 savage people to 4... u must have been spending alot of time in vr to notice all these people. can u name the others? or are u just having a go at the outfit cos they are above u in the listing?

5. this bug was reported by savage players to ingame GM's and directly to SOE

u really do come across as having a chip on your shoulder, maybe u should go back to daoc

F

flownalk

Well...

I bug reported, /appeal ed, and tried to contact a dev.

I also named those I spotted abusing in my /appeal.

also on that note... hope u didnt report any 1st day newbies who wouldnt have had a clue what they where doing

S

SilverHood

dude, if you see 3-4 people from the same outfit exploiting the same bug, at the same time, what impression are you supposed to get? :rolleyes:

F

flownalk

Originally posted by SilverHood
dude, if you see 3-4 people from the same outfit exploiting the same bug, at the same time, what impression are you supposed to get? :rolleyes:

they are exploiting cos they are standing in the vr trainning room?

S

SilverHood

They weren't even denying it

:rolleyes:

F

flownalk

Originally posted by Summo
What's this exploit? I want to give it a go.

I believe u can goto the trainning room and gain exp by using each weapon in turn.. like on the 1st day of retail

S

Summo

What? That's no way an exploit! That's 100% by design. There must be something more. After all you get 100xp for doing something for the first time... and that's it. This exploit must involve being able to get xp for doing something again and again, surely?

S

SilverHood

just using a terminal after you zone die gives you 100 xp

those devs really need to check things before they set live a new patch :D

S

Summo

Embrace this! It helps reduce the level grind. It's by design!

F

flownalk

they really should have a test server up.. way to many zone lockups on cyssor tonight

F

flownalk

Originally posted by Summo
What? That's no way an exploit! That's 100% by design. There must be something more. After all you get 100xp for doing something for the first time... and that's it. This exploit must involve being able to get xp for doing something again and again, surely?

think the point is... each weapon should only give exp the once not every time u log in

btw

On Friday, May 30th, between 3:00 AM and 3:15 AM Amterdam local time (+2:00 GMT), SOE will be performing server maintenance on Planetside server Werner

maybe fixxed tomorrow?

S

Summo

Oh, I see. Thanks. :)

But that said, when they reintroduced the first-time-xp thing yesterday, I wasn't getting xp for vehicles and weapons that I had already used, pre-patch.

S

SilverHood

I know

but you could go to VR, use terminal, put on all 3 different MAX suits, and get 400xp in ~5 secs

leave shooting range, and enter again... repeat until you get bored

personally, I find killing stuff more fun.. If I want to do repetitive tasks over and over again I'll go back to DAoC ;)

P

[PS]Venom

That's how slidey got to BR17 today :)

Pretty goddamn sad if you ask me.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Cheaters like that are lucky that there is no device to stab people over the intarweb yet... :eek:

O

old.ivan

Now now people, relax. Planetside dev team Logs All of what is happening. They Know exactly who is abusing and when. Quesiton is how will they go about it ?

I dinged br 14 without any bug abuses and damn proud of it, if some people cant level their way Fairly, then they should 1) Go play Diablo 2 online 2) Stick their head up their ass.

:eek: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

S

slidey

Good grief.

Where 'shot up' is 'remained in 3rd place on vs, the same place that they have been for a week'.

And the person who said that 'excuse' was nothing to do with savage.

S

slidey

That's how slidey got to BR17 today

I was midway thru 15 yesterday. Today I'm just about in 17. Over the last few days I have averaged just over a level a day. Next.

S

slidey

Heh, is this you in the pic? :)

timetodie.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread