Old Films you would like to see remade

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't like to see any of my fav films remade... Especially not the really old ones as I think the old style of filming/acting is what makes them so good.

And never in a million years should Wizard of Oz be remade!! They would ruin it just like they ruined the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's like this with remakes:

Elite is a great great game! Best ever! It should never be re-made!

Now go and play Elite and see how golden the memory is compared to what it actually is in modern standards.

Granted, re-makes are often made into a different story, but the old 80's movies ain't that hot either.

I mean, original omen, seriously, the 1-6 cavalcade ain't that "woohoo what a movie series to watch on a widescreen moviescreen!!"...now is it...

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
I think alot of it comes down to the age of the films you class as some of your favourites..

For example I can't think of many films made in the 70/80's that I would complain about them being remade because I think they were stuck in the age where they had all the great ideas and none of the technology to carry it off... However, given that alot of my favourite films were made either pre-1960 or post-1990 I love them the way they are :)

Gamah

Banned
Stalkzor said:
Debbie does Dallas :wanker:

A lot has changed since then, now it would be Debbie fucks dallas with electrodes stapped to his balls in a dungon of pain!

God bless the internet.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Dandare said:
Agree with most here that the originals are classics.
Watched new Omen yesterday and it's shite compared to original.
However we also watched The Hills Have Eyes remake and it was excellent imo.
Could'nt beleive I saw an advert for a Superman re-make recently :(
Stupid me I just bought new Superman Returns film and it's not a re-make at all but an entirley new one :twak: <himself>

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Some of the old Edgar Wallace movies, but I don't think that would sell so well nowadays =) People want more action.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hmm in relation to my arse related beans on toast post http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2005/12/the_dam_busters_to_be_remade.html

as it says they (if they do a remake) will keep the origional storyline but will have to change the name of the dog....

cant type it here (hint it isnt B1LBO) but it begins with N and rhyms with tigger, and back when the film was set it wasnt actually a omfg evil word, however if rappers can use it freely in their music and films im pretty bloody sure it can be used to depict historical accuracy because it was in actual fact the NAME OF THE DOG!!!

*dispairs*

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Would quite like to see Twister redone, I know the graphics at the time were groundbreaking and still hold out quite well, but the characters and their stories were so old fashioned.

Darnit, a lot of the old movies I really enjoy just shouldn't be messed with :p

Ooh, wait. Maybe Jaws!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
A lot has changed since then, now it would be Debbie fucks dallas with electrodes stapped to his balls in a dungon of pain!

God bless the internet.

What scares me about this is that Debbie has balls and evidently is a man these days? :eek7:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Amanita said:
Would quite like to see Twister redone, I know the graphics at the time were groundbreaking and still hold out quite well, but the characters and their stories were so old fashioned.

Darnit, a lot of the old movies I really enjoy just shouldn't be messed with :p

Ooh, wait. Maybe Jaws!

Amanita this is for your own good.......

*applies straightjacket and leads gently towards a rubber room*

remake jaws indeed, next thing youll be wearing a tin foil hat and saying john prescott's the new messiah, dinners at 6pm and no sharp objects allowed nighty night

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom